Tom Brady Roast on Netflix [merged]

On 5/6/2024 at 8:58 AM, T0mShane said:

Good luck to Fox trying to squeeze even an ounce of charm or personality from this stone dead piece of mush veal they signed for $375 million to call games sight unseen. 

I haven't heard the roast but I've obviously heard TB12 speak before and it's hard to imagine wtf FOX was thinking.  How long is his "cred" of being the GOAT QB (or at worst, in the convo) going to buy him to listening audiences before they get annoyed that he's not exciting to listen to (and who knows if he'll have interesting stuff to say)?

I know people think BB is monotone and all that (and he is) but I think he'd be tremendous at some kind of media role.  He showed some of that at the McAfee draft thing.  I hope he continues (and I think he's supposed to).

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude this thing was hysterical.

Nikki Glaser was hysterical. That was a master class on how to do this.

She was the high point. I found it otherwise “meh” and think the whole thing was done so Brady could get up at the end and say what he’s ALWAYS wanted how he’s always wanted to say it without any blowback because “jokes”. His brand is to be “good boy Tommy”, so he’s never been able to outwardly be the arrogant prick he is. Spite is a wondrous thing. He’s a legend because of it, but will never stop being small because of it too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You guys watched this?  I banned it in my house.  If I wanted my family to hear 3 hours of people screeching gay jokes and ranting about his hair plugs, and scumbag criminal "supplement" company complete with criminal partner I would just stop muttering under my breath.

Perfect analysis.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

She was the high point. I found it otherwise “meh” and think the whole thing was done so Brady could get up at the end and say what he’s ALWAYS wanted how he’s always wanted to say it without any blowback because “jokes”. His brand is to be “good boy Tommy”, so he’s never been able to outwardly be the arrogant prick he is. Spite is a wondrous thing. He’s a legend because of it, but will never stop being small because of it too.

I would add here that he 100000% wanted gloat about cheating and getting away with it… but still, if held accountable he say “jokes”.

Rules for thee, but not for me...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tom-brady-roast-participants-were-told-not-to-joke-about-robert-kraft-s-massage-scandal-says-comedian-andy-schultz/ar-BB1m7lMj?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ad5f5119fb854e09819fc7564318d6e6&ei=19

No surprise.  Who would expect anything judicious from a league that publicly states it destroyed evidence.  This is no vote for Chucky's questionable character, but it appears there was some ill-favored methods and motives used in that case as well.

And now, the league partners with the gambling institutions ??? Oh, dear. 

Mix sport and business in the same pot and you often wind up with a SHlT STEW. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm sick of seeing Tom Brady everywhere trying to pretend like he's a nice guy 

Nice?  I’d settle for him being a human being with a single redeemable quality.  He has none.

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2024 at 1:44 AM, TheAustrian said:

I laughed when Brady said something like: "what a ****ed up comedian line up - could have been organized by the jets front office"

i am shocked that was the only shot taking at us the whole show. they took shots at the Bills and Colts more.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:01 AM, Maxman said:

Some of it was bad, Affleck was like wtf. Randy Moss shouldn't have been up there. The podcasters, the shirtless guy, there combo was terrible.

But Nikki didn't disappoint. The line you mentioned was whatever is a level higher than hysterical. I was laughing out loud, like really loud. Too damn funny.

yeah but Randy Moss was the only one who really took shots at the cheating until Tom admitted he deflated the balls.

Nikki was the best. she will be on every roast from now on.

On 5/11/2024 at 7:23 AM, doitny said:

yeah but Randy Moss was the only one who really took shots at the cheating until Tom admitted he deflated the balls.

Nikki was the best. she will be on every roast from now on.

Nikki and Jeff Ross are the roasts.

And yes, good point on Moss.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't watch it not interested these are dumb shows. Not just because of Brady but that's part of it too. Btw nice of Brady with no broadcasting experience to bump Olsen from the Fox number 1 team a move that cost him millions. Plus the guy is a good broadcaster. 

On 5/27/2024 at 8:30 PM, Rangers9 said:

I didn't watch it not interested these are dumb shows. Not just because of Brady but that's part of it too. Btw nice of Brady with no broadcasting experience to bump Olsen from the Fox number 1 team a move that cost him millions. Plus the guy is a good broadcaster. 

That’s not Brady’s fault. Brady will be excellent on TV anyways. Him and BB. Olsen won’t be losing any sleep.