ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

3 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Ha Ha ...... It was you punks who were crowing as late as last Saturday Night saying that Zach was playing his last game in the NFL.

It didn't turn out that way now did it !

Well the boot is on the other foot and its going to do some kicking.

Its easy to read the plot line in this one and George Paton is plenty nervous. He knows Sean Payton's fire has been stoked. This is the same Sean Payton of Bounty Gate Fame.

Oh wow you guys sure showed us.  He’s behind a rookie and Jarrett Stidham.  Real murderers row he lost to in that competition my guy.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I think the bolded is a stretch.  I don't think that's what he was saying.  Zach has more than just a strong arm.  He has accuracy, touch, is athletic, and has shown that he can read Ds and make good decisions. 

wut GIF

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Zach has more than just a strong arm.  He has accuracy, touch, is athletic, and has shown that he can read Ds and make good decisions

you can say that about 100 of the failed 1st rd QBs.

and who have you been watching for 3 years because it wasnt Zach if you think like that about him.

Accuracy? was the bottom 2 of all starters in completion% for 3 years. and dont blame the receivers, GW had 315 targets in 2 years and only caught 56% of them.

Touch? Zach has thrown the most uncatchable passes in the NFL. 

Athletic? ok he is 

can read Ds? again i have no idea what Zach you saw.

make good decisions? same as above.

sure Zach has done this once in a blue moon, but nowhere enough to make such claims.

40 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Vinny Interceptaverde is a perfect example.  Vinny was dumb as a stump.  He threw tons of interceptions in his career and never learned until Parcells got a hold of him

actually in 1996 Vinny threw 33 TDs and 19 INTs and went to his 1st ever PB in Balt with Ted Marchibroda. and that team sucked . won 4 games.

43 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Daboll has made Jones a better QB

for one year. then last year in the 6 games before he got hurt he was horrendous. this year will decide it. if he plays well i will give that to you. but if not sorry you cant get credit for making someone better for one year out of 3.

48 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

If Wilson is Nix's backup

i doubt it since Wilson got 3 qts in the last game. usually the 3rd QB gets the most playing time in the last preseason game to see if he made the team. you got to consider that Wilson played against guys not in the NFL as of today. but hey you could be right, we will see in 10 days.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but your saying then that any QB with a strong arm can be a NFL QB. all QBs who fail do so because of coaching? 

the same CS that produced Purdy do nothing with Trey Lance. Belichick help develop Brady and Jimmy G but did nothing with Mac Jones? Brain Daboll who is supposed to be the one behind Josh Allen gets nothing from Daniel Jones.?

most of the time its the QB. the HC can only do so much. 

we will see what happens but my guess is he doesnt see the field all year. they used a #1 pick on Nix and that kid is going to play unless he falls off a cliff. then next year Zach signs somewhere else where he might have a chance to get in a game. 

You are putting words into my mouth. What I said was that a good coach can address problems with issues of seeing the field. But no coach no matter how good he is can address matters relating to inadequate arm strength.

Then you throw out a number of different issues. First thing evaluating a QB prospect in college is a very complex task. Brady was evaluated by Scott Pioli. I give little if any credit to Mumbles for the way Brady turned out. Garroppolo got pretty much the same treatment and turned out decent but his flaw was exercising poor judgement in critical situations. He got better as time went on but was never fully broken of that problem..

Now as to Dabol and Daniel Jones. The Jones decision was made long before Dabol or Joe Schoen. Dabol called plays for him for 1 season and made Jones look All World vindicating John Mara. Mara wanted to pay Jones so one year of play earned Jones his ticket. This is why it never pays for a perspective HC to shine an owner on his opinions about a team's QB no matter what the owner thinks of him.;prescott

Regarding Trey Lance lengthy papers could be written about that situation. the kid got a raw deal ..... a very raw deal. Both Shannahan and Lynch  should have paid for it with their jobs. Lance was not a 1st Round Draft much less the 3rd overall pick. Jerry the Nose Jones only traded for Lance because he wanted a Lever in his negotiations with Dak Prescott. The Cowboys will kick Lance to the curb once Prescott is resigned. Its a shame what happened to that kid.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

1.9K posts in the Ghost of Zach Wilson thread ... popular guy. 😅

Nahhh ............... just alot of insecure Jet Fans who cringe at the thought that factors related to the Jets CS or Front Office may have played a contributing role in the events that lead to Zach's departure.

But don't you worry the neurosis that comes with being a Jetfan is infectious. and few of us are immune to it. This thread will keep trolling itself.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

you can say that about 100 of the failed 1st rd QBs.

and who have you been watching for 3 years because it wasnt Zach if you think like that about him.

Accuracy? was the bottom 2 of all starters in completion% for 3 years. and dont blame the receivers, GW had 315 targets in 2 years and only caught 56% of them.

Touch? Zach has thrown the most uncatchable passes in the NFL. 

Athletic? ok he is 

can read Ds? again i have no idea what Zach you saw.

make good decisions? same as above.

sure Zach has done this once in a blue moon, but nowhere enough to make such claims.

actually in 1996 Vinny threw 33 TDs and 19 INTs and went to his 1st ever PB in Balt with Ted Marchibroda. and that team sucked . won 4 games.

for one year. then last year in the 6 games before he got hurt he was horrendous. this year will decide it. if he plays well i will give that to you. but if not sorry you cant get credit for making someone better for one year out of 3.

i doubt it since Wilson got 3 qts in the last game. usually the 3rd QB gets the most playing time in the last preseason game to see if he made the team. you got to consider that Wilson played against guys not in the NFL as of today. but hey you could be right, we will see in 10 days.

I've seen how Zach has played for most of the last 3 years, but I also have seen him play every game he played in college where video was available.  He had those things in college, and had them for part of his time with the Jets.  QBs just don't permanently lose those abilities. He could have lost them temporarily for a variety of reasons, but among them are pressing, losing confidence, poor coaching, playing uptight afraid of making a mistake, thinking too much and being in a situation that wasn't conducive to playing well.

Like many of his doubters, all you can see are the negatives.  Because he couldn't play at a high level immediately, you decided that he couldn't play at a high level at all, then your bias prevented you from seeing the positive when it was there.  You were convinced he couldn't play well and so you looked for the bad and the negatives rather than the positives.  If a QB can do it at all, he can learn to do it consistently with the right coaching, patience, and the willingness on the QB's part to work hard and change his approach where necessary.  One just has to learn how to get him to do it.

I coach and work with people to develop their talents for a living.  I studied educational principles and pedagogy in college and graduate school.  During my career, I've helped many to free themselves from bad techniques, to relax, to change their mental approach, to be much better, more efficient, more productive, and enable their talent to shine through.  IMO Zach has the physical talent to be a high-caliber starting QB in the NFL.  What I'm uncertain of is if he has the mental ability to get out of his own way, make some changes, and allow his talent to take over.  I'm encouraged by what Payton has done with him in a short time, but only time will tell what will happen with him.

As for Daboll and Jones, perhaps Daboll isn't the QB guru I thought he was or perhaps Jones either is headstrong and unwilling to change, or unable to.  He may not have the right mental makeup.  In his defense, I'll that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to make basic changes while one is playing.  One is having to focus on the game plan and the opponent's D, rather than one's technque or mental approach.

I don't think that it's any coincidence that Zach played better the times he came back from being injured or benched.  He had time to focus on himself and his shortcomings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

There is an even better chance that Zach Zach's next start will be in 2024. Why you ask ? Because the Broncos paid 2.75 Million Dollars to acquire Zach's contract from the Jets. A contract that has only 1 year left on it. The Broncos need to know what they have in Zach before the year ends.

The Broncos signed Bo Nix to a fully guaranteed 4-year 19 million contract.

He's the only QB on the roster they actually care to find out about.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

@Pac can I fistfight this person? 

I'm genuinely confused how this monstrosity of a thread is 56 pages long.  I haven't thought about Zip any more than I've thought about any teams 3rd string QB.  

It was a horrific pick that many of us knew would bust but at this point we're on to San Francisco. 

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

I've seen how Zach has played for most of the last 3 years, but I also have seen him play every game he played in college where video was available.  He had those things in college, and had them for part of his time with the Jets.  QBs just don't permanently lose those abilities. He could have lost them temporarily for a variety of reasons, but among them are pressing, losing confidence, poor coaching, playing uptight afraid of making a mistake, thinking too much and being in a situation that wasn't conducive to playing well.

Like many of his doubters, all you can see are the negatives.  Because he couldn't play at a high level immediately, you decided that he couldn't play at a high level at all, then your bias prevented you from seeing the positive when it was there.  You were convinced he couldn't play well and so you looked for the bad and the negatives rather than the positives.  If a QB can do it at all, he can learn to do it consistently with the right coaching, patience, and the willingness on the QB's part to work hard and change his approach where necessary.  One just has to learn how to get him to do it.

I coach and work with people to develop their talents for a living.  I studied educational principles and pedagogy in college and graduate school.  During my career, I've helped many to free themselves from bad techniques, to relax, to change their mental approach, to be much better, more efficient, more productive, and enable their talent to shine through.  IMO Zach has the physical talent to be a high-caliber starting QB in the NFL.  What I'm uncertain of is if he has the mental ability to get out of his own way, make some changes, and allow his talent to take over.  I'm encouraged by what Payton has done with him in a short time, but only time will tell what will happen with him.

As for Daboll and Jones, perhaps Daboll isn't the QB guru I thought he was or perhaps Jones either is headstrong and unwilling to change, or unable to.  He may not have the right mental makeup.  In his defense, I'll that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to make basic changes while one is playing.  One is having to focus on the game plan and the opponent's D, rather than one's technque or mental approach.

I don't think that it's any coincidence that Zach played better the times he came back from being injured or benched.  He had time to focus on himself and his shortcomings.

His college tape is collecting dust at this point dude.  And even then, in both college AND the pros, he only looked good when he was given 3+ seconds to throw.  You know….just like nearly every QB in the league is capable of looking when given that kind of time.  

13 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The Broncos signed Bo Nix to a fully guaranteed 4-year 19 million contract.

He's the only QB on the roster they actually care to find out about.

Russell Wilson's contract with the Broncos guaranteed him 161 Million Dollars in compensation including 38 Million Dollars in Dead Money to be paid to him this year. If the Broncos have to shell out another 18 Million for Bo Nix to ride the bench for a year or 2 that's the price the Waltons' will have to pay for Sean Payton's Services. Nix could be traded after the 2024 for the outstanding balance on his Rookie Contract which is 7.5 Million incurring a 15 Million Dollar Cap charge for 2025. That's peanuts compared to what they poured down the toilet for Russell Wilson.

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

So now the excuse is if Zach gets time (3 seconds) anyone can be successful even him. Did you bring your stop watch? 

I didn’t need to.  The data has demonstrated Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL when facing pressure from 2021-present, and about average when he doesn’t.  You do realize there are nerds out there who keep track of metrics like pocket time and time to throw, no?

The brick wall OL of 25 year olds he had at BYU + a soft schedule played an enormous role in Zach Wilson flying up draft boards.  Sadly for the Zach stans (and the rest of us forced to watch him), that isn’t translatable to the pros.  You’re gonna face pressure and you need to be able to handle it and calmly make the throws from time to time.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Well the boot is on the other foot and its going to do some kicking.

So the people who were right about Zach from the time before he was drafted right up till the day he was shipped out.....are wrong now.....because Zach made the Broncos roster as their #3 QB?  And played well in a 3rd preseason game against 2nd, 3rd and now-cut players?

Is that how we define "the boot being on the other foot" these days? 

Think this justifies a victory lap such as this, as Jets Fans?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So the people who were right about Zach from the time before he was drafted right up till the day he was shipped out.....are wrong now.....because Zach made the Broncos roster as their #3 QB?

Is that how we define "the boot being on the other foot" these days?  Think this justifies a victory lap such as this, as Jets Fans?

A victory lap over Zach Wilson being no better than the 65th best QB in the league is one of the more pathetic things I've seen in my time on JN, and that's saying something.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread...The Darnold victory laps when he had a few nice games for Carolina at least had some teeth to it.  This is just more weird white knighting that just doesn't seem to die off and there's no good reason for it. 

17 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Ha Ha ...... It was you punks who were crowing as late as last Saturday Night saying that Zach was playing his last game in the NFL.

It didn't turn out that way now did it !

Well, technically, we don't know if this is true or not. At least, not with respect to games that count. 

All we know for sure is that he is currently a QB3. Like Time Boyle. Is Time Boyle guaranteed to play in another NFL game that counts (i.e. not preseason)?  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread...The Darnold victory laps when he had a few nice games for Carolina at least had some teeth to it.

Of all the ex-Jet highly-drafted QB's, Darnold is the only one I feel for, and sorta vaguely root for redemption for.

Make no mistake, I called him as a bust before we picked him, and was right about him his entire time here.  He earned being dumped.

But he also played for possibly the worst Jets roster, and surely some of the worst offensive skill-position groups, in my memory. Of all the busts, he wasn't unlikeable per say (unlike IMO Geno Smith and Zach Wilson), he was more like Sanchez, a likeable kid who just wasn't good enough or ready enough.

Darnold got very lucky in Minny that McCarthy got hurt, otherwise he's be sitting again this year, so I wish him the best in his opportunity up there.  He just wasn't the right pick (god the trade we made to get him, ugh, yak!) for us at that time, as som many of our picks back then weren't.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Of all the ex-Jet highly-drafted QB's, Darnold is the only one I feel for, and sorta vaguely root for redemption for.

Make no mistake, I called him as a bust before we picked him, and was right about him his entire time here.  He earned being dumped.

But he also played for possibly the worst Jets roster, and surely some of the worst offensive skill-position groups, in my memory. Of all the busts, he wasn't unlikeable per say (unlike IMO Geno Smith and Zach Wilson), he was more like Sanchez, a likeable kid who just wasn't good enough or ready enough.

Darnold got very lucky in Minny that McCarthy got hurt, otherwise he's be sitting again this year, so I wish him the best in his opportunity up there.  He just wasn't the right pick (god the trade we made to get him, ugh, yak!) for us at that time, as som many of our picks back then weren't.

He's a lot more like Geno (minus a bad attitude) than he is Sanchez or Zach Wilson, that's for sure.  Makes at least 1-2 baffling decisions just about every game and still fumbles the ball a lot, but was definitely dealt a bad hand here and could very well grind his way into being above a bottom-5 starter in the league at some point.  Maybe even this year.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We traded up with the intention of getting "somebody good at QB." 😅 It wasn't even like we traded up with us on the clock and Darnold sitting there. Good ol' Mac. Another genius move.

On 8/25/2024 at 3:31 PM, Rangers9 said:

Zach's played about two quarters and only 10 points. No turnovers.

Zach played more than 50 minutes and led score drives totaling 31 of the 38 points the Broncos scored last Sunday.

That included a 46 yard Touchdown pass that went 41 yards in the air. That was the longest touchdown pass of the Preseason for ANY Bronco's Quarterback by a large margin.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Russell Wilson's contract with the Broncos guaranteed him 161 Million Dollars in compensation including 38 Million Dollars in Dead Money to be paid to him this year. If the Broncos have to shell out another 18 Million for Bo Nix to ride the bench for a year or 2 that's the price the Waltons' will have to pay for Sean Payton's Services. Nix could be traded after the 2024 for the outstanding balance on his Rookie Contract which is 7.5 Million incurring a 15 Million Dollar Cap charge for 2025. That's peanuts compared to what they poured down the toilet for Russell Wilson.

What was the issue with Russell Wilson that was so bad that Denver would eat his contract esp after high compensation that went to Seattle in their trade. It's hard to comprehend what he did to facilitate his ouster. And why did Denver ownership go along with it. On paper didn't Wilson have an improved season in 2023?

8 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach played more than 50 minutes and led score drives totaling 31 of the 38 points the Broncos scored last Sunday.

That included a 46 yard Touchdown pass that went 41 yards in the air. That was the longest touchdown pass of the Preseason for ANY Bronco's Quarterback by a large margin.

Macys Parade GIF by The 95th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

28 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

That quote by me was before this past Sunday's game. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

So the people who were right about Zach from the time before he was drafted right up till the day he was shipped out.....are wrong now.....because Zach made the Broncos roster as their #3 QB?  And played well in a 3rd preseason game against 2nd, 3rd and now-cut players?

Is that how we define "the boot being on the other foot" these days? 

Think this justifies a victory lap such as this, as Jets Fans?

A stopped clock is right twice a day to. It doesn't follow there is a sound reasoning to back the assert implied in the statement.

According to The Bashers Zach was suppose to lose to those 2nd, 3rd and now out of the NFL.

Read that again.

Posters on this board were crowing that the Broncos piloted by Zach Wilson would lose to the Cardinals with 2nd and 3rd string players never play another down in the NFL ever again. As it turned out the Broncos put quite a shellacking to the Cardinals.

I accept that Tom Shane owned up to his statement but that was quite the exception. Even after being called on their nonsense the Bashers attempted to power through it. Slimjasi takes the cake. There is no technically speaking, what you typed out is what you typed out. This is the cute contradiction of Zach Bashers. Zach is gone from the team so why dont they just forget about him and move on to other Jet Topics, like what will the Jets do if Aaron Rodgers gets injured again this year. But no, they gotta keep coming with all of the garbage that germinates in their fertile imaginations. If they had bothered to take the time to follow the Denver Media they would realize how foolish and uninformed they look floating the nonsense they do. Far from cutting Zach Sean Payton told him that he would "make millions for him" when he signed his contract back in April. Does that sound like a Coach that had it in his mind to cut Zach ?

There are posters like Rich Thornburg and Slimjasi who seem think they have a license to fabricate absolute nonsense out of thin air simply because they have an ax to grind with Zach Wilson. There are Posters in this thread who do have an honest interest on what will become of Zach. Posters like JKlecko who have actually followed the news as it relates to Zach. I can have a constructive and interesting conversation with them. But guys they want to cite 'Johnny Down the Block' are about nothing but besmirching Zach's character.

And this doesn't just apply to "fans". Joe Namath's tirade last year was not only uncalled for it exposes him for the "Dum Jock" image that has haunted him. Fans pick up on that bilge and think 'if Joe can get away with this why can't I'.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

What was the issue with Russell Wilson that was so bad that Denver would eat his contract esp after high compensation that went to Seattle in their trade. It's hard to comprehend what he did to facilitate his ouster. And why did Denver ownership go along with it. On paper didn't Wilson have an improved season in 2023?

Ownership went along with it because that was a key demand of Sean Payton to Coach the Team. Payton would have absolute control over personnel matters. George Paton would have an advisory role along with input from ownership but Payton would have the final say. And Payton told the Waltons that the previous ownership situation with the Broncos had become dysfunctional and numerous bad decisions were made that may have to be reversed..

Its a takeoff on the Old Parcellism. "If I'm making the meal I'm buying the groceries"

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

And this doesn't just apply to "fans". Joe Namath's tirade last year was not only uncalled for it exposes him for the "Dum Jock" image that has haunted him. Fans pick up on that bilge and think 'if Joe can get away with this why can't I'.

youtube oh no you didnt GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

A stopped clock is right twice a day to. It doesn't follow there is a sound reasoning to back the assert implied in the statement.

According to The Bashers Zach was suppose to lose to those 2nd, 3rd and now out of the NFL.

He by most accounts barely made the team late in the process.  He's the #3 QB in a league that generally doesn't 53-man roster a #3 QB.

I'll repeat myself, the "bashers" or critics have been far more accurate about Zach as a pro than his supporters, and this accomplishment does not qualify those supporters to start taking victory laps, given the full scope of the debates here over Zach Wilson.  He remains a historic NFL Bust as of now.  He has the opportunity to change that, absolutely, but he hasn't yet.

Posters on this board were crowing that the Broncos piloted by Zach Wilson would lose to the Cardinals with 2nd and 3rd string players never play another down in the NFL ever again. As it turned out the Broncos put quite a shellacking to the Cardinals.

Ok.  So Zach beat some backups in the 3rd backup-heavy preseason game.  Great.  Anyone who sspecifically said what you claim, free to name and shame if that's something you feel this strongly about.

But again, generally speaking, Zach's critics have been vastly more accurate in their Zach-takes than his supporters have been.  

I accept that Tom Shane owned up to his statement but that was quite the exception. Even after being called on their nonsense the Bashers attempted to power through it. Slimjasi takes the cake. There is no technically speaking, what you typed out is what you typed out. This is the cute contradiction of Zach Bashers. Zach is gone from the team so why dont they just forget about him and move on to other Jet Topics, like what will the Jets do if Aaron Rodgers gets injured again this year. But no, they gotta keep coming with all of the garbage that germinates in their fertile imaginations. If they had bothered to take the time to follow the Denver Media they would realize how foolish and uninformed they look floating the nonsense they do. Far from cutting Zach Sean Payton told him that he would "make millions for him" when he signed his contract back in April. Does that sound like a Coach that had it in his mind to cut Zach ?

There are posters like Rich Thornburg and Slimjasi who seem think they have a license to fabricate absolute nonsense out of thin air simply because they have an ax to grind with Zach Wilson. There are Posters in this thread who do have an honest interest on what will become of Zach. Posters like JKlecko who have actually followed the news as it relates to Zach. I can have a constructive and interesting conversation with them. But guys they want to cite 'Johnny Down the Block' are about nothing but besmirching Zach's character.

This reads more like an emotional screed about a loved one than an objective discussion of a football player, honestly.

You seem to have taken a very personal stake in defending Zach Wilson and his e-honor far beyond his nominal place as a now-former NY Jet QB bust.

That's 100% fine, people can choose to get emo about whatever they like, but this part just doesn't interest me that much.  I don't care if someone slighted Zach's honor, or got some minor detail of his fate wrong.  #3 or cut, PS or cut, all were clearly possible, good for Zach he survived with one of his trademark flashes (tm) in order to hold on for now.  Hope he makes the most of it.

/shrug, maybe worry less about other posters think, and more about just stating clearly what you think and why.  All the emo he said, he's a "basher" stuff just reads like angry Swifties online, lol.

• Haha 2