Training camp updates: Lazard still stinks

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Probably because it was a heel blister on the opposite foot/leg of his previous injury.  

Then again, there were a large number of posters here who thought that Tyrod Taylor was signed to be QB1 because Aaron already told the Jets that he was going to be making a VP bid, so freaking out over a blister would be pretty on-brand for this forum.

Has anyone ever seen Nicole Shanahan throw a football, by chance? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So, so glad we won those meaningless December/January games.  Again.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Yes, I've learned 2 things that are almost certain with the Jets . . . we dominate in preseason, and we win meaningless games in December/January that hurt our draft picks. 

I keep waiting for us to dominate throughout the regular season, resulting in us winning our division . . . so our December/January wins actually have meaning and do not just serve as a way for our coaches to avoid getting fired at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Yes, I've learned 2 things that are almost certain with the Jets . . . we dominate in preseason, and we win meaningless games in December/January that hurt our draft picks. 

I keep waiting for us to dominate throughout the regular season, resulting in us winning our division . . . so our December/January wins actually have meaning and do not just serve as a way for our coaches to avoid getting fired at the end of the season.

And to make it even more frustrating think about 2022.  We start December at 7-4 and in playoff contention.  That season, when playoffs are a real possibility, we manage to lose all 6 December/January games to finish 7-10.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

And to make it even more frustrating think about 2022.  We start December at 7-4 and in playoff contention.  That season, when playoffs are a real possibility, we manage to lose all 6 December/January games to finish 7-10.

If we had only managed to win that Minnesota game with the Mighty Whitey, things would have been different.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yeah but the draft pick moved up so much.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Dude the GM rebuilt this roster using duck tape and bubble gum, wtf you expect me to think?

And the LT we drafted over a playmaker sucks already from what I hear 👍

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If we had only managed to win that Minnesota game with the Mighty Whitey, things would have been different.

And if White had not gotten hurt the next week against Buffalo.  We had Chris Streveler taking meaningful snaps in a must win game in December in that season.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

From 2011-2015 (rookie contract length):

Mo Wilkerson: 36.5 sacks.

Cameron Heyward: 22 sacks.

Both players played 3-4 DE/DT and stuffed the run well.

The problem with Wilkerson wasn’t drafting him.  The problem was enabling his poor behavior (mostly tardiness) and then rewarding him with a massive contract with no protection or desire to correct his behavior.  Then his poor behavior became extremely concerning following 2016, after the contract was signed.  

That being said, until 2017 when Cameron started playing up to his draft status and Mo was in seriously hot water, there wasn’t a single person who would have taken Heyward over Wilkerson or who have called the Jets idiots for passing on Heyward, and anything else is pure revisionist history.  We didn’t even know the true extent of his drinking issues until 2018 when Manish Mehta blindly accused him of being an alcoholic and it wasn’t really apparent because Wilkerson didn’t even have any legal issues until 2019.

This is eye-opening. Really sad he couldn't conquer his personal demons and maximize his football potential. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude the GM rebuilt this roster using duck tape and bubble gum, wtf you expect me to think?

You wanted Bowers? 😅😅😅😅

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

And if White had not gotten hurt the next week against Buffalo.  We had Chris Streveler taking meaningful snaps in a must win game in December in that season.

As opposed to other teams' QB3? I mean once you get to the 3rd QB things become pretty bleak.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

Braxton Berrios cost us both games

Just now, slimjasi said:

The Minnesota game, definitely. But why the Jacksonville game? That game was Zach being inept, no? 

Maybe he was talking about the Buffalo game where White missed the protection call and then proceeded to get folded in half like a lawn chair 💺 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Good grief.  It’s not even June and people are calling out Lazard.  Lazard may not regain his form of two seasons ago but it’s way too early to tell.  Mike Williams may not return to form either.  Let’s see what happens during trading camp.

Plus, Fashanu is already a bust and Bowers is a hall of famer. We don't need to wait for training camp, let alone any actual games. We are JETNATION. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Maybe he was talking about the Buffalo game where White missed the protection call and then proceeded to get folded in half like a lawn chair 💺 

ahhh, ok Berrios did have a huge drop in that game. 

51 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You realize you are mentally ill, right? This isn't normal. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Has anyone ever seen Nicole Shanahan throw a football, by chance? 

Dead serious/memes or jokes aside: it’s pretty amazing how throwing Rodgers’ name out there worked in terms of grabbing eyes to the campaign because I immediately thought you were talking about Kyle’s wife and not who RFK Jr. actually chose to be his running mate.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Good grief.  It’s not even June and people are calling out Lazard.  Lazard may not regain his form of two seasons ago but it’s way too early to tell.  Mike Williams may not return to form either.  Let’s see what happens during trading camp.

He is being paid like a solid #2 Wr, 4 years 44 million.   His play last year and early on is akin to a guy who wants to get cut.  He is not some wet behind the ears youngster

He 100% deserves to be blasted to kingdom come.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is eye-opening. Really sad he couldn't conquer his personal demons and maximize his football potential. 

It really is.  For me Wilkerson holds a strong argument for biggest disappointment because he WAS great at one point.  He really just decided to throw it all away.  Since I’ve started watching football, only Albert Haynesworth compares when discussing “super talent who absolutely mailed it in after getting paid.”

I’d rather have drafted a complete bust than think about “where did this great player go wrong?”

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You realize you are mentally ill, right? This isn't normal. 

A frequent JetN poster telling another frequent JN poster they are mentally ill…………

world of warcraft legion GIF

Not surprised when it’s coming from you though 

3 hours ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Just curious why you say Yeboah is a better pass catcher than Ruckert?

because Yeboah looks like a WR when he catches it and Ruckert looks like Conklin.

Yeboah Career. 4 Rec 64 yds 16 avg 3 TDs. 

Ruckert Career 16 Rep 164 yds 9.4 avg 0TDs

now thats a very small sample size. but lets add in college.

Yeboah 74 Rec 1062 yds 14.4 avg 12 TDs. 

Ruckert 54 Rec 615 yds 11.4 avg 12 TDs

now Yeboah played a extra year but im looking at the Ypc. and his last year in college he avg 19.1 ypc. 

we need Ruckert because he is a good blocker but if you want to open up the offense and get another weapon i think Yeboah can be it, if he stays healthy.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Minnesota game, definitely. But why the Jacksonville game? That game was Zach being inept, no? 

I thought he was referring to the Buffalo game where an injured White was leading a late drive and the ball bounced off of Berrios’ facemask. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

McGovern ****ed up, like he always does. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought he was referring to the Buffalo game where an injured White was leading a late drive and the ball bounced off of Berrios’ facemask. 

Yep 

brutal.

I thought Michael Carter’s fumble is what ultimately sealed that one.