Rodgers or Eli

Aarron Rodgers or Eli Manning  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Please read my post below before voting

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Rodgers is a guy that made his team better and was the main reason his teams were competitive. Eli Manning was a mediocre QB who rode the Giants defense and some incredible luck to 2 SB victories. If your asking me who I would want to watch play QB for over a decade for my team, I'm taking Rodgers. 

HOT TAKE OF THE YEAR!!!!

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The question boils down to would you rather have won 2 SB's or 1 SB with the OP's framing.

I'm sorry, anyone willingly saying they would take the option with less SB wins is full of sh*t or just dumb.

There’s an anti Giants thing at play here 

im sure their fans would be lining up to exchange that 2nd ring to see Rodgers play in a bunch of conference championships instead 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's not what the OP is asking.  

Your argument is that AR8 is the better QB and he'll give you more chances to win a SB.  Literally nobody on this forum disagrees. 

The OP is asking if you'd prefer "1 SB but you'd get the entertainment of AR8's career greatness" as opposed to "2 SBs but with fewer playoff appearances and a lesser QB"

In other words, you didn't read the question carefully (or maybe at all?)

I read it and answered the question.

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The question boils down to would you rather have won 2 SB's or 1 SB with the OP's framing.

I'm sorry, anyone willingly saying they would take the option with less SB wins is full of sh*t or just dumb.

Then the question should have been "Would you prefer two SB victories or 1 SB victory. Why did they have to attach Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers to the question? You could have just as easily used Brandon Jacobs and Breece Hall. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You have 51 people that are dumb or full of sh*t then.

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Then the question should have been "Would you prefer two SB victories or 1 SB victory. Why did they have to attach Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers to the question? You could have just as easily used Brandon Jacobs and Breece Hall. 

Would you prefer winning 2 Superbowls in 10 years having to watch mid level QB play or would you rather have 1 Superbowl in 10 years watching elite QB play

its not that difficult 

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Would you prefer winning 2 Superbowls in 10 years having to watch mid level QB play or would you rather have 1 Superbowl in 10 years watching elite QB play

its not that difficult 

Elite QB play. How many times do I have to answer this? It's only one more SB. It's not like it's 3 more. I'd rather be entertained in the years we weren't winning rather than watching a bad team with a mediocre QB. 

Just now, bicketybam said:

Elite QB play. How many times do I have to answer this? It's only one more SB. It's not like it's 3 more. I'd rather be entertained in the years we weren't winning rather than watching a bad team with a mediocre QB. 

See how easy that was! It doesn’t have anything to do with Rodgers or Eli. Some of us value “only one more SB”

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

See how easy that was! It doesn’t have anything to do with Rodgers or Eli. Some of us value “only one more SB”

Maybe once you see Rodgers lead us to the SB you will have a different opinion! 😜

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I read it and answered the question.

You answered a different question (that you think AR8 is the better QB and he'll give you more chances to win a SB), not the OP's question (described perfectly below).

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

its not that difficult 

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

How about Aikman vs Namath then?  That's 2 more SBs.  

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you'd prefer 5 more playoff seasons over winning a 2nd SB?  

According to the OP:

yes. 

how have you been feeling about the Jets these last 5 years? pretty miserable right? you think you would feel better if we won a SB 6 years ago? i dont think so. 

you would be doing the same thing your doing now. fired the HC, fire the GM. we obviously dont have the right QB. blah...blah....blah.

or knowing you make the playoffs every year. you obviously have the QB, HC and GM. you just need that one or two players to get over the top.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, doitny said:

yes. 

how have you been feeling about the Jets these last 5 years? pretty miserable right? you think you would feel better if we won a SB 6 years ago? i dont think so. 

you would be doing the same thing your doing now. fired the HC, fire the GM. we obviously dont have the right QB. blah...blah....blah.

or knowing you make the playoffs every year. you obviously have the QB, HC and GM. you just need that one or two players to get over the top.

Fair enough.  Sports is ultimately entertainment and playoff seasons are certainly entertaining.  But for me, I'll take the extra SB and the additional non-playoff seasons.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, GangGreened said:

its not that difficult 

The Jets were practically a 500 team last year. How’d that feel? Would you rather that season or the Lions seasons? How about that for 7 more years?

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 11:47 AM, Untouchable said:

It’s not strictly about championships. Eli would essentially be Jay Cutler without those two wins over the Pats.

I like how you discount Eli's two Super Bowl MVPs while defeating the greatest HC/QB combo in the middle of their dynasty. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, doitny said:

I'm stil living off the Sixers winning the championship in 1983 and the Rangers winning in 1994. I can assure you that the Jets winning a Super Bowl six years ago would have absolutely softened the blow of the trash we just witnessed. 

• Upvote 1

Yes and 31 teams fail to achieve that every year. So realistically you want to just be competitive and have a chance to play for a title year in and year out.
Rodgers is a guy that made his team better and was the main reason his teams were competitive. Eli Manning was a mediocre QB who rode the Giants defense and some incredible luck to 2 SB victories. If your asking me who I would want to watch play QB for over a decade for my team, I'm taking Rodgers. 
Isn't that exactly what The Jets are asking the corpse of Aaron Rodgers to do ?... Ride the Jets defense to a Super Bowl .. and play well enough to win ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

For the, 2 SB's is better than 1 crowd.  I hear yeah, I do, even though I chose Rodgers career because I'd prefer to have a front row seat to watch the GOAT vs. the guy who led the league in turnovers each year, I totally get it.  That said, I will tell you, as an Alum of the Florida Gators, who has been fortunate to see a few Naty's and few runs at it, I can share this perspective for Jets fans; when they won 2 in 3 years under Urban Meyer, I barely remember the Chris Leak season but I will never forget getting to be front row for arguably the greatest college Football player of all time, Tim Tebow.  In fact, I remember the agony of not running the table and going back to back w / Tebow and losing to Bama in the SEC Champ game more then I do the first Naty w/ Leak.

Again, easy to say w/ the benefit having the chips and looking in retrospect but it's true. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

For the, 2 SB's is better than 1 crowd.  I hear yeah, I do, even though I chose Rodgers career because I'd prefer to have a front row seat to watch the GOAT vs. the guy who led the league in turnovers each year, I totally get it.  

Besides watching an all-time great, it’s also a LOT more fun for fans to watch their team make the playoffs than miss them. The Giants only made the playoffs 6 times in 14 seasons (42.8%) with Eli. Eli and Coughlin have such a strange resume, historically - 2 SB runs but missed the playoffs in 8 of 14 seasons!

Compare that to the Packers with Rodgers as the starting QB- who made the playoffs 11 times in 14 seasons (78.5%).

You obviously want to win it all, but you also want to be competitive year in and year out - that’s really what having a franchise QB does for you more than anything else. When you ask me to pick one as a fan, the choice seems pretty clear. 

• Upvote 2

My experience as a fan would be more enjoyable with 1 SB win and consistently in contention year in and year out vs. 2 SB wins and mediocrity otherwise.  Winning, in general, puts me in a better mood.  Give me the wins, even if it's just regular season and early playoff games.

Now if the question hypothetically was 0 SB wins vs. 2 SB wins, then that changes things.  You need to win at least one or it's all for naught.  Then you are in Dan Marino territory which is more frustrating than enjoyable as a fan.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

My experience as a fan would be more enjoyable with 1 SB win and consistently in contention year in and year out vs. 2 SB wins and mediocrity otherwise.  Winning, in general, puts me in a better mood.  Give me the wins, even if it's just regular season and early playoff games.

Now if the question hypothetically was 0 SB wins vs. 2 SB wins, then that changes things.  You need to win at least one or it's all for naught.  Then you are in Dan Marino territory which is more frustrating than enjoyable as a fan.

The outcome of Dan Marino’s career vs Eli Manning’s career would be a better debate.

I would take Eli in that situation.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:35 PM, GangGreened said:

Except that isn’t what the OP asked.. he’s not asking who the better QB is

I’d rather have 1 sb w Rodgers yes…..10 years of maybe the best pure passer to ever do it…..12-4 every year 2 super bowls great but a lot of nonsense in between 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, doitny said:

Bradshaw and Montana have 4 SBs but there not better than Payton who had 2.

the question was who YOU rather have as QB. you rather take Eli even though you know he is going to go 9-7. 7-9. 6-10. and 6-10 with no playoffs for 4 years after winning the SB and only half his games in his career? is that 2nd SB that important to YOU that your willing to be miserable 50% of the time cause thats what Elis record is. ?

i would take the double digit wins and playoffs almost every year from Rodgers and 1 SB. and thats not even counting the MVPs and record TD passes. i dont need that, just the wins and the playoffs every year would be fine.

you only live once pal, its not worth it to be miserable half the time during football season. i dont think that SB in 2011 will make you happy when in 2015 your suffering your 2nd 6-10 season and 4th year without a playoff. 

I honestly stopped reading after “Montana wasn’t better than Peyton Manning”

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I honestly stopped reading after “Montana wasn’t better than Peyton Manning”

well thats sad. i thought i wrote some good stuff after that....

Peyton was the far better player. his numbers, PBs, MVPs, dwarf Montanas. its not even close.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Titan24 said:

I’d rather have 1 sb w Rodgers yes…..10 years of maybe the best pure passer to ever do it…..12-4 every year 2 super bowls great but a lot of nonsense in between 

Understandable, but there’s two sides to it. A buddy/coworker of mine is a die hard Packers fan and is incensed to this day that they only reached one SB with Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Understandable, but there’s two sides to it. A buddy/coworker of mine is a die hard Packers fan and is incensed to this day that they only reached one SB with Rodgers. 

That's on the Packers organization. He should be pissed at them.