Time for Jets to get Jeremy Ruckert in Offensive mix

If Ruckert was good, I'd assume, he'd play!  Tyler JAGalicious Conklin aint holding off any real type of talent and Uzomah was a disaster.  It's probably safe to say Ruckert just isnt a good receiver who they trust to get open.  His best year, as a Senior, at Ohio St. w/ CJ Stroud attempting 450 passes, was a whopping 26 receptions but that said, if he is good and does deserve more snaps/passes, this would be the year to do it, the TE room sucks.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

If Ruckert was good, I'd assume, he'd play!  Tyler JAGalicious Conklin aint holding off any real type of talent and Uzomah was a disaster.  It's probably safe to say Ruckert just isnt a good receiver who they trust to get open.  His best year, as a Senior, at Ohio St. w/ CJ Stroud attempting 450 passes, was a whopping 26 receptions but that said, if he is good and does deserve more snaps/passes, this would be the year to do it, the TE room sucks.

Wait, did you just call conklin a JAG? What do you think "JAG" means?

• Haha 4

The fact that he & his family are Jets fans, gives him an advantage when filling out the roster… but Yeboah appears to be more dynamic. Let Ruckert take over for Conklin as the all-purpose TE and let Yeboah get down the seam for some chunk plays

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This coaching staffs inability to get young players on the field is the only thing holding Ruckert back.  Now that Uzomahs gone, Ruck will be a beast this year.

Yeboah will be stapled to the bench unless Conky or Ruckert get hurt.

Garrett Wilson won OROY.

Sauce won DROY.

Zach Wilson started day 1 w/ no veteran back up QB on the roster. 

Breece Hall led the league in yards from scrimmage in his second season.

Becton and AVT started week 1.  Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!! started from week 3 and on.

Are those good examples of getting young players on the field? 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This coaching staffs inability to get young players on the field is the only thing holding Ruckert back.  Now that Uzomahs gone, Ruck will be a beast this year.

Yeboah will be stapled to the bench unless Conky or Ruckert get hurt.

Let's hope....

Garrett wilson was not a day 1 starter.

Breece was not a day 1 starter.

jermaine johnson was a rotational player year 1

Will McDonald was a rotation player year 1

T-I-P-P-Y was riding the pine until injuries.

Mimsy was a rotational player year 1.

Asyton Davis didnt play much year 1.

All premium picks.  All werent day 1 starters.  This staff loves vets and plays them over youth to a fault.

21 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

its likely that ruckert just isn't very good. if he was he would have made it so that the coaches had to get him out there. face it....he sucks hairy scrotum

Nope.  We would know nothing about T-I-P-P-Y if mcgovern doesnt get hurt last year.  Thats just the way this coaching staff is.

Ruck will be a beast this year!

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nope.  We would know nothing about T-I-P-P-Y if mcgovern doesnt get hurt last year.  Thats just the way this coaching staff is.

Ruck will be a beast this year!

I think nobody realize the Zach attack effect on every offensive player from lineman to skill players. If AR8 remains healthy every offensive player on the team could have the best year they had. I expect a breakout from Ruckert, really do.

• Upvote 3

On 6/17/2024 at 6:21 PM, The Crusher said:

I think nobody realize the Zach attack effect on every offensive player from lineman to skill players. If AR8 remains healthy every offensive player on the team could have the best year they had. I expect a breakout from Ruckert, really do.

a breakout from ruckert is gonna look like about 30 catches for 300 yds and maybe a td. he is nothing special

• Haha 2

P

On 6/17/2024 at 5:29 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Garrett wilson was not a day 1 starter.

Breece was not a day 1 starter.

jermaine johnson was a rotational player year 1

Will McDonald was a rotation player year 1

T-I-P-P-Y was riding the pine until injuries.

Mimsy was a rotational player year 1.

Asyton Davis didnt play much year 1.

All premium picks.  All werent day 1 starters.  This staff loves vets and plays them over youth to a fault.

You said the staff has an in issue getting young players on the field.  I pointed out numerous young players started day 1 and/or played day 1.  Hall, Wilson, Sauce, Becton, AVT, Zach, all played week 1.  Then you have examples like Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!, Gipson and Quincy.  All they did was play the youngsters Saleh’s first year.  My examples out weigh yours, significantly.  You’re so way off it’s ridiculous.  Therefore, you are wrong. Take your L and like it.  

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2024 at 9:31 AM, doitny said:

i think its Yeboah who will get into the offense more that Ruckert. 

I read somewhere that Yeboah's stock has been on the rise through the first part of the off-season program.

Yeboah has been running with the 1st team offense & has out-performed Ruckert thus far.

• Upvote 1

Did Ruckert get hurt again at the end of the year? I don’t remember. Looking at his snap counts, he was over 40% from week 10-14, it dropped week 15, then nothing the last two weeks. So his usage was up once they started giving up on Uzomah, but the neophyte QBs continued to trust the always reliable Conklin in the passing game. It’s up to Ruckert to force their hands. He’s got a path as the clear #2, especially with this being Conklin’s last year. I’d think the organization would be hoping for him to seize the job. 

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I read somewhere that Yeboah's stock has been on the rise through the first part of the off-season program.

Yeboah has been running with the 1st team offense & has out-performed Ruckert thus far.

No, this is not true.

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, this is not true.

And your basing your statement on what exactly @Joe W. Namath

You make a habit of this, how about less emotion and more facts.

5. Kenny Yeboah, TE, NY Jets

Speaking of former undrafted players, don't sleep on Kenny Yeboah this year. The former Ole Miss star was one of the more notable and underappreciated standouts of the spring for the Jets.

Yeboah received a lot of reps with the first-team offense, sometimes even working ahead of Jeremy Ruckert, and made his snaps count. The highlight of his spring came on a 60-yard touchdown from Aaron Rodgers during OTAs in which he burnt the first-team defense up the seam.

The Jets seem to like Yeboah as more of a one-to-one backup to starter Tyler Conklin, with Ruckert working more of a hybrid tight end/H-back role this spring. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues into the summer.

Not only does Yeboah feel like a lock for the 53-man roster, but he has a real chance to carve out a role in the offense this season. The Jets have to be pleased with the progress he's made.

Winner: Kenny Yeboah, TE, NY Jets

One player who saw his standout spring performance fly a little under the radar was tight end Kenny Yeboah, but make no mistake about it — few Jets players were more impressive during OTAs than the former undrafted free agent.

Yeboah was featured heavily in the first-team offense, sometimes even working ahead of assumed No. 2 tight end Jeremy Ruckert. He flashed his big play ability and was one of the most targeted players all spring.

Yeboah has stuck around on the Jets due primarily to his special-teams ability, and not only does he seem like a strong candidate to make the 53-man roster, but he might even be able to find his way into a regular role on the Jets' offense.

5 biggest winners (and 2 losers) from NY Jets 2024 OTAs (thejetpress.com)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Speaking of former undrafted players, don't sleep on Kenny Yeboah this year. The former Ole Miss star was one of the more notable and underappreciated standouts of the spring for the Jets.

Yeboah received a lot of reps with the first-team offense, sometimes even working ahead of Jeremy Ruckert, and made his snaps count. The highlight of his spring came on a 60-yard touchdown from Aaron Rodgers during OTAs in which he burnt the first-team defense up the seam.

The Jets seem to like Yeboah as more of a one-to-one backup to starter Tyler Conklin, with Ruckert working more of a hybrid tight end/H-back role this spring. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues into the summer.

Not only does Yeboah feel like a lock for the 53-man roster, but he has a real chance to carve out a role in the offense this season. The Jets have to be pleased with the progress he's made.

One player who saw his standout spring performance fly a little under the radar was tight end Kenny Yeboah, but make no mistake about it — few Jets players were more impressive during OTAs than the former undrafted free agent.

Yeboah was featured heavily in the first-team offense, sometimes even working ahead of assumed No. 2 tight end Jeremy Ruckert. He flashed his big play ability and was one of the most targeted players all spring.

Yeboah has stuck around on the Jets due primarily to his special-teams ability, and not only does he seem like a strong candidate to make the 53-man roster, but he might even be able to find his way into a regular role on the Jets' offense.

i don't think he even knows on what he bases anything he says at all

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Stop it.  We always hear the same stuff about yeboah every year.  And every year hes tight end 4.

I know who the winners are.  Ruck is waaaay ahead of yeboah.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

They’ve been doing this with Ruckert since they drafted him. He’s the guy they want on the field in 2 TE sets. But with Uzomah gone, Yeboah has a clear shot to a roster spot, especially as a core special teamer. I don’t think he’ll wind up seeing the field on offense as much or more than Ruckert unless Conklin gets hurt, though. 

The new KO rules are going to upset the bottoms of rosters around the league this year as teams figure out what they plan to do. The Jets, a team that prides itself on defense, could be one of the teams kicking it out of the end zone and being fine with opponents starting at the 30 yard line. It’ll be an ongoing process, I’m sure.