The answer may be obvious, but anyone else rooting for Brady to be an unprecedented failure as an announcer?

Bruce Harper

21 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

What would make them think he would be good at it?  The guy is as bland as a boiled egg without salt. He is one of the most boring and unrevealing interviews around. Why would they throw all that money at him?  I expect that contract to prove to be one of the worst investments ever.

I agree he comes off as extremely bland personality-wise but I'm hoping he's good because we're going to be stuck with him for the next 10 years.

14 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Brady might be the best QB to have ever played the game.  Sucks that his legacy came in part at our expense.  None the less he is an all time great and posters in the forum ought grow up and get off his back already.        

Tbh, I can't ever remember TB12 rubbing salt in our wounds.  I do, however, remember BB laughing at us during the 54-13 Mac Jones win. I also remember him huddling up his players giving them a pep talk in a game they were blowing us out in (I think the butt-fumble game).

Otoh, it's certainly not his job to take it easy on us so I'm not going to criticize him for it.  But it definitely did make me happier when he lost big games (especially when he got so tantalizingly close to having a perfect season but lost it).

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tbh, I can't ever remember TB12 rubbing salt in our wounds.  I do, however, remember BB laughing at us during the 54-13 Mac Jones win. I also remember him huddling up his players giving them a pep talk in a game they were blowing us out in (I think the butt-fumble game).

Otoh, it's certainly not his job to take it easy on us so I'm not going to criticize him for it.  But it definitely did make me happier when he lost big games (especially when he got so tantalizingly close to having a perfect season but lost it).

He used to talk about how much he hated the Jets. That kinda went away by the later Sexy Rexy years when the team stopped being a serious contender. 

54 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nah, that was the 45-3 game on Monday night in 2010. 

(Unless he did it twice?)

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

He used to talk about how much he hated the Jets. That kinda went away by the later Sexy Rexy years when the team stopped being a serious contender. 

Wow, I don't even remember that.  But NFL guys are all competitors so it wouldn't surprise me.

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

I used to loathe him.  But when he went to TB and won that ring, while I hated seeing it, I have to admit I enjoyed what it did to tarnish BB's legacy and it was then I realized I despise Belichick far more than Brady.  So while I have no particular love for him now, I don't really care enough one way or the other and I'll be fine if he turns out to be good in the booth (which I doubt).

Ofcourse you enjoyed that.  So did I.  It was obvious to everyone except the media and patriots fans that it was all Brady those years and Belichick was an extremely glorified DC.  Then Brady us forced out of NE by Belichick goes on to win a Super Bowl and Belichick wallows in mediocrity 

5 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

It's ironic that he hates us when we cleared the path for him to be their starter.

Reminds me of how much Danny Woodhead loved to stick it to the Jets, even though we were the team that initially signed him as an UDFA.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, nycdan said:

I used to loathe him.  But when he went to TB and won that ring, while I hated seeing it, I have to admit I enjoyed what it did to tarnish BB's legacy and it was then I realized I despise Belichick far more than Brady.  So while I have no particular love for him now, I don't really care enough one way or the other and I'll be fine if he turns out to be good in the booth (which I doubt).

Me too. Plus my son gave me him and both receivers that year in their  sons and Dads FF league. He came in first I finished 2nd, we crushed the other sons and Dads. Then they accused me of letting my sweet sweet Baby Crusher pick my team and set my roster every week. Of course I did, I like winning and I don’t play FF, all I do is win!! Didn’t play last year, but if I do this year I won’t have my so. Pick my team and set my roster. I’ll have my Dad’s friend @ @Pac do it.

• Haha 1

Anyone who thinks hes going to be bad at this should listen to the 5 minute answer he gave Colin Cowherd describing the QBs job.  Hes is likely going to be an exceptional announce as he actually understands whats happening in the game.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is currently a somewhat popular announce - yet for all his smarts, he never understood when to throw the ball away.  Brady understands all the nuances of the position and will likely be very good at this.