Revis vs Cromartie X (Twitter) feud (Revis looking like a stooge again)

52 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m actually in the middle of a two month long vacation on the Iberian Peninsula. Dipped into Morocco, and will hit Bordeaux before flying back home out of London. I also tag or quote anyone here I decide talk about, unlike you who seems be too afraid to do so (and then whines when he’s talked about - boo hoo!). But again, I wasn’t afraid of vagina in my teens, either. 

Have a nice day. 

Put the clipboard down then. 

• Upvote 1

I could give a flying f*** about a Twitter feud. I know which guy I’m taking. 

and why do people keep saying bad teammate? At what point ever did anything come out about Revis not being liked by teammates? He’s certainly been an asshat on social media since his retirement and definitely shortened his own career by not taking care of himself, but I don’t recall there being any evidence of him being a bad teammate.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

and why do people keep saying bad teammate? At what point ever did anything come out about Revis not being liked by teammates? He’s certainly been an asshat on social media since his retirement and definitely shortened his own career by not taking care of himself, but I don’t recall there being any evidence of him being a bad teammate.

Revis out there doing nothing now. You can kind of connect the dots. Hall of Famers are basically handed TV deals. Revis is going at Joe Klecko on Jake Assman

• Haha 4

Revis is an ass.  I wish the Jets had never drafted him.  From his holdouts, to his lack of interceptions, to his attitude, I despise him. Cro is right about what got Revis into the HOF.  IMO he is probably the most overrated player in NFL history.  He worked hard at being good early, but lacked elite athleticism and speed, and he was only great for a few years.  In those years he was awesome, but imo hype made him seem better than he was.  He then dogged it the rest of his career.  Eff him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I’m actually in the middle of a two month long vacation on the Iberian Peninsula. Dipped into Morocco, and will hit Bordeaux before flying back home out of London. I also tag or quote anyone here I decide talk about, unlike you who seems be too afraid to do so (and then whines when he’s talked about - boo hoo!). But again, I wasn’t afraid of vagina in my teens, either. 

Have a nice day. 

What a terrific moderator you are.  Makin' Max proud. 

But at least Jet Nut and bicketybam find you entertaining so I guess that's a win?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Put the clipboard down then. 

2 month-long vacation and he spends a chunk of it telling people which offseason topics are dumb to talk about in early July.  

@slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats @slats 

There, I tagged you this time.  Happy?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Turning down a tackle during crunch time of a playoff game is being a bad teammate.  If you won't do that, retire and let someone who will get on the field.

Gastineau is often called a bad teammate, not totally without cause, but even when he screwed up (ex. the roughing the passer in the Browns playoff game in the 80s) he was giving max effort.  If you rewatch that game, you'll see that he gave a heroic effort while injured and no one was more demoralized after the game than he was.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, the idiots are those who keep saying his standing is fraudulent.  You really have to be clueless to believe this 

We’ve had this discussion before.  This is Revis’ resumé:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2013 - Mediocre at best, bad at worst.

2014 - Slightly better than 2013.  Firmly mediocre season.  Got carried to a ring (mostly due to Seattle’s stupidity) though.

2015 - Very good year.  Not great, but best year since 2011.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

If this player was not a Jet for any point in his career, would you put him in the Hall of Fame?  Better yet, do you think that this resumé is that of a first ballot Hall Of Famer?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2014 - Slightly better than 2013.  Firmly mediocre season.  Got carried to a ring (mostly due to Seattle’s stupidity) though.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

If this player was not a Jet for any point in his career, would you put him in the Hall of Fame?  Better yet, do you think that this resumé is that of a first ballot Hall Of Famer?

Yes.

My two cents — if you are on the short list for the best ever to play any position you’re a Hall of Famer.

Like, compare Revis to Curtis Martin. Martin finished higher in career totals and was good for longer. But nobody would ever argue Curtis Martin was one of the greatest RBs ever. Like, not even in the conversation.

There’s an extremely tangible argument Revis’ peak is the best CB play in history. He was utterly dominant.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

and why do people keep saying bad teammate? At what point ever did anything come out about Revis not being liked by teammates? He’s certainly been an asshat on social media since his retirement and definitely shortened his own career by not taking care of himself, !but I don’t recall there being any evidence of him being a bad teammate.

When you take as big as big a share of the salary cap as you can get and

leave peanuts for the rest of your team to draw from, you're a bad teammate,

end of story and a jerk to boot. No one is knocking down the door offering

that selfish pr!ck opportunities

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

When you take as big as big a share of the salary cap as you can get and

leave peanuts for the rest of your team to draw from, you're a bad teammate,

end of story and a jerk to boot. No one is knocking down the door offering

that selfish pr!ck opportunities

Peanuts, lol. Taking as much as you can, capitalism. Henry you old commie.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

I think it is because the NFL is about short careers and for several years he was an all time great.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Revis had one of the worst games of his career to close out 2015 with the playoffs on the line too. 

It is amazing how fast he fell off. Had to be the training he was done, or not doing specifically. He fell off a cliff performance wise. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think it is because the NFL is about short careers and for several years he was an all time great.

What drives me nuts about this one is there are plenty of examples of guys who played DB who were able to figure out how to stay productive into their 30’s. Revis gave up and you could see it coming before the Jets decided to bring him back (foolishly).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

What drives me nuts about this one is there are plenty of examples of guys who played DB who were able to figure out how to stay productive into their 30’s. Revis gave up and you could see it coming before the Jets decided to bring him back (foolishly).

Totally agree. He was such a good tackler, I thought the worst case was he would move to safety if needed. Lost his heart along the way.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

Agreed on 16 and 17' for sure.

But 2013 he was pretty good, took him a bit to get going post-injury. 2014 Revis w/the Pats pretty much made their defense what it was, IMO. He was as good as any other corner in 14'.

I'd say his 2008 was also elite, amongst his peers. It wasnt all-time great season like 09' but it was still a shutdown year. 

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Revis was undeniably better ... But both were tremendous .. an amazing tandem ...and to date ... At least publicly ... Cro seems way more like the guy I want to buy a beer for. Sad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Careful with that beer though.  Someone could definitely get pregnant.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

2013, wrong.  2014, wrong again

16 & 17, not Revis.

Hes an all time player.  Totally belongs in the HOF.  
1st ballot for NFL is meaningless.  Don’t know why football fans don’t get that.  I’ve taught you this

Along with not talking back to your father

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

YEAR | GRADE
2008 - Very good.
2009 - Elite.
2010 - Elite.
2011 - Elite.
2012 - Injured.
2016 - Awful.
2017 - Beyond washed.
The thing is that Elite is not powerful enough ... The game had never seen the kind of dominance displayed at that position for those three years. He was better than Sanders or any CB to date ever was during those three years. Yes ... No question HOF.

• Upvote 2

My thoughts on this is that Revis' ego is bigger than his actual skill was. And us Jets fans and media are at fault for helping this.

Revis in his few year prime for us was great. I do think his legend is bigger than he actually was though. I feel his "elite" level wasn't long enough of a period to put him as one of the best CBs ever.

Now on this part I can only speak for myself. And I totally get if you choose to see his side of it. But I was rubbed big time the wrong way with his holdout and then pretty much requesting a trade. And then to put the icing on the cake to just a couple years later go to our biggest rival.

With those events I was done with him and for me he isn't even looked at as a "Jet" IMO.

Now to the other side of this. Cro wasn't anything great either. So he doesn't have this elite resume to be talking trash either.

IMO they both should just keep there mouths shut.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My thoughts on this is that Revis' ego is bigger than his actual skill was. And us Jets fans and media are at fault for helping this.

Revis in his few year prime for us was great. I do think his legend is bigger than he actually was though. I feel his "elite" level wasn't long enough of a period to put him as one of the best CBs ever.

Now on this part I can only speak for myself. And I totally get if you choose to see his side of it. But I was rubbed big time the wrong way with his holdout and then pretty much requesting a trade. And then to put the icing on the cake to just a couple years later go to our biggest rival.

With those events I was done with him and for me he isn't even looked at as a "Jet" IMO.

Now to the other side of this. Cro wasn't anything great either. So he doesn't have this elite resume to be talking trash either.

IMO they both should just keep there mouths shut.

His Uncle made all of his decisions. Gilbert actually got hired by the Jets too, which was pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The thing is that Elite is not powerful enough ... The game had never seen the kind of dominance displayed at that position for those three years. He was better than Sanders or any CB to date ever was during those three years. Yes ... No question HOF.

He wasn’t better than Charles Woodson. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

His Uncle made all of his decisions. Gilbert actually got hired by the Jets too, which was pathetic. 

And if he had a pair he would've fired his uncle.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

Peak Revis had a lot to do with Rex blitzing the crap out of opposing quarterbacks.  

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

And if he had a pair he would've fired his uncle.

Should have. Him being a loner his entire career doesn’t work out great when it makes you bitter in retirement.

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

Excellent post!  It's a travesty that Revis was a 1st ballot HOFer, and it took Joe Klecko forever to get in.  Revis wasn't even a pimple on Joe Klecko's ass in terms of play and contributions to the Jets success.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

YEAR | GRADE

2008 - Very good.

2009 - Elite.

2010 - Elite.

2011 - Elite.

2012 - Injured.

2016 - Awful.

2017 - Beyond washed.

I just looked up what the requirements were for election into the NFL Hall of Fame.  The ONLY requirement is that "a player or coach must have been retired for at least five years."  That's pathetic.  Nothing about standards or level of play or longevity.  Theoretically, at least, any old stiff who played a few years in the NFL could get elected if he bribed enough voters.

10 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I just looked up what the requirements were for election into the NFL Hall of Fame.  The ONLY requirement is that "a player or coach must have been retired for at least five years."  That's pathetic.  Nothing about standards or level of play or longevity.  Theoretically, at least, any old stiff who played a few years in the NFL could get elected if he bribed enough voters.

Theoretically, sure.  In reality - it doesn't happen.  

The minute you try to add a bunch of standards it creates issues.  # of All-Pro selections?  Well, in your world where bribery can happen, how do we know those guys weren't taking bribes for All-Pro votes?  Must play 8 years?  What about a guy who was absolutely dominant for 7 and then suffered a catastrophic injury?  It's a bit of a slippery slope.

16 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

It's not possible. There are enough gatekeepers that care about enough about the shield to not allow that to happen.

Imagine if Chad Pennington was voted to the HoF. Every NFL fan would lose their sh*t and the HoF would instantly be worthless.