New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner seen hanging out with Philadelphia mob boss "Skinny" Joey Merlino at a 4th of July party?

Jets star responds to claim he was ‘hanging out’ with mob boss  🤔

• Updated: Jul. 08, 2024, 9:05 a.m.|
  • Published: Jul. 08, 2024, 8:47 a.m.

Jets, Sauce Gardner

By 

New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner said that a social media post that surfaced on July 7 is not what it seems: He was not “hanging out” with mob boss Joey Merlino.

After the convicted Philadelphia mob boss shared on social media video of him with Gardner on Instagram, Dov Kleiman, an NFL news aggregator on X, immediately posted that Gardner was “hanging out with alleged Philly mob boss Joseph ‘Skinny Joey’ Merlino’ in Florida” with a pondering-face emoji. Gardner refuted that summary on X hours later.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2024/07/jets-star-responds-to-claim-he-was-hanging-out-with-mob-boss.html

Let the games begin....😁

• More Ugh 2

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner was seen hanging out with mob boss Joey Merlino at a 4th of July party?
  • ARodJetsFan changed the title to New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner seen hanging out with Philadelphia mob boss "Skinny" Joey Merlino at a 4th of July party?
20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the Malik Nabers thread was locked, Id assume this will be locked too.

Meh.....this is a LITTLE more news-worthy, then some rookie draft pick, who hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet, throwing dollar bills at strippers, in a strip club - because of the high profiles of the people involved, in the alleged video/sighting.

I guess we'll see.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

image.thumb.png.e722cd97cf84e64b14356fba4f33fdab.png

Obviously there is SOME truth to the story.

It's easy for things to be misinterpreted in the world of the internet, but Sauce (assuming that he knew who this guy was) should have had enough sense NOT to allow that picture to be taken.

Again, if Sauce knew who he was, this was poor judgement on his part.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Meh.....this is a LITTLE more news-worthy, then some rookie draft pick, who hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet, throwing dollar bills around at strippers, in a strip club - because of the high profiles of the people involved, in the alleged video/sighting.

I guess we'll see.

Also that thread isn't locked and Sauce actually plays for our team. Trolls seem to forget that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

There's a big difference between "hanging out with" a Mafia boss and just happen to be at the same lace at the same time as a Mob boss. Seems Sauce is making it clear he ran into him. Not hang out with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It's easy for things to be misinterpreted in the world of the internet, but Sauce should have had enough sense NOT to allow that picture to be taken.
Poor judgement on his part.
He probably had no idea who he was.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He probably had no idea who he was.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Eh. He’s got a podcast and Sauce seems pretty online. Don’t care though. 

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rumor has it that Sauce heard that Mekhi Becton was getting a 90 pound mole taken off his ass.

spectacular post.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It's easy for things to be misinterpreted in the world of the internet, but Sauce should have had enough sense NOT to allow that picture to be taken.

Poor judgement on his part.

You're assuming he even knows who this guy is. For all we know, he thought he was taking a pic with an average joe.

How many people on this board knew who this guy was before this story?

I know I didnt. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Or, and bear with me because I know this is hard to imagine but it may just be true, Sauce took a photo with a fan who asked for one, and somehow didn't know that the random older dude was a mob boss.

Of course, that assumes that unlike most normal people Sauce wouldn't have immediately recognized <checks notes> Skinny Joe Merlino, but it's at least barely possible, right?

Good point. Loos like my Dad. Who happens to be named Joe as well.

37 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Or, and bear with me because I know this is hard to imagine but it may just be true, Sauce took a photo with a fan who asked for one, and somehow didn't know that the random older dude was a mob boss.

Totally plausible....

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Eh. He’s got a podcast and Sauce seems pretty online. Don’t care though. 

Let’s just keep stretching this further.

So this guy has a podcast and because Sauce is on social media, he would have listened to this podcast out of 100,000 of podcast out there. “

But let’s assume he did, does this guy annouce on his podcast that he is a mob boss?

Then let’s say Sauce did know this podcaster was a mob boss. Is he hanging out with him because he is trying to join the mob?

I didnt know mobs still exist and dont know how they work. Can Sauce join? What’s in it for Sauce?

• Haha 1

I hang out w/ mob bosses at every family gathering, no issues have come up.  I mean, we havent seen Cousin Bruno since he argued w/ Uncle Frankie back in 97 but we were told Bruno took a nice long vacation to the motherland and decided to never come back.  Oh, dont try and get a hold of him, he's off the grid, just living his best life!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So this guy has a podcast and because Sauce is on social media, he would have listened to this podcast out of 100,000 of podcast out there. “

But let’s assume he did, does this guy annouce on his poscast that he is a mob boss?

Then let’s say Sauce did know this guy podcaster was a mob boss. Is he hanging out with him because he is trying to join the mob?

I didnt know mobs still exist and dont know how they work. Can Sauce join? What’s in it for Sauce?

Marlon Brando Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Just now, JustInFudge said:

I hang out w/ mob bosses at every family gathering, no issues have come up.  I mean, we havent seen Cousin Bruno since he argued w/ Uncle Frankie back in 97 but we were told Bruno took a nice long vacation to the motherland and decided to never come back.  Oh, dont try and get a hold of him, he's off the grid, just living his best life!

To Egypt?

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

But let’s assume he did, does this guy annouce on his podcast that he is a mob boss?

Then let’s say Sauce did know this podcaster was a mob boss. Is he hanging out with him because he is trying to join the mob?

I dont know