Having seen 0 practices, I will now name 10 players who have increased their odds of making the team

Sarge,

If all those guys make it, who pays the price. 

Tanzel to the PSquad for the 50th time, lol. Suratt on the bubble? If Taylor stays, and I agree he might, does Brownlee get relegated? 

I think Tarik has a legit shot too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

Sarge,

If all those guys make it, who pays the price. 

Tanzel to the PSquad for the 50th time, lol. Suratt on the bubble? If Taylor stays, and I agree he might, does Brownlee get relegated? 

I think Tarik has a legit shot too.

Charcuterie Smart is probably gone.  Surratt is on the bubble.  Haven't heard much of Brownlee so far. Tarik is a wildcard, for sure.

All those will be fun and interesting things to watch this preseason.

At this point I would tell Reddick to find a team that will trade for him and move him.   Use the money to extend players next year or find a WR or S this year.   

From what I hear, he is basically going back on his word because, with Reddick on the team, the Jets moved other players.   This has to have a negative cultural affect on a team that looks like it has a good culture.  I know he is a good player, but I don't think he is worth the trouble. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

100% based on what I've read on social media, some press conferences, and a few videos - so, you know, take this with a HUGE grain of salt....

Remember, these are people who were on the bubble, not players who were pretty much locks to make the team

1.  Qwan’tez Stiggers CB  ⬆️⬆️⬆️
    Was probably never really on the bubble, but he's been the undoubted breakout star so far
  2.  Takk McKinley Edge   ⬆️⬆️
     Was probably signed as insurance against a prolonged Reddick holdout, but now he might be on the team either way
  3.  Leki Fotu DT   ⬆️⬆️
    Under the radar free agent signee who now looks like a major contributor
  4.  Malik Taylor WR   ⬆️⬆️
    Caught a couple of passes last year and was on the Packers practice squad when Rodgers was there. If the final roster was announced today, he'd be on it
  5.  Zaire Barnes LB   ⬆️⬆️
    Rookie season was injury filled but he showed potential last preseason, seems to be healthy and back in the mix
  6.  Jalyn Holmes DL   ⬆️
    Athletic Ohio State alum has shown flashes in the past - had a sack for the Jets last year.  Still on the bubble, but playing well
  7.  Jarrick Bernard-Converse CB ⬆️
    Another player coming back from injury, there were times at LSU when I thought he was a 1st round corner.  Played S for the Jets last year
  8.  Carter Warren OT ⬆️
    Was he on the bubble?  Probably not, but he is running a lot with the 1st team when Smith takes a rest day
  9.  Isaiah Davis RB⬆️
    Overshadowed by fellow rookie RB Braelon Allen, Davis has also gotten strong reviews and even auditioned for KR at times
  10.  Eric Watts DL  ⬆️
    He's running 2nd team in a lot of practice video.  Might be fighting Jalyn Holmes for a roster spot.  We will have a front row seat to the Holmes vs Watts battle all preseason

I think McKinnely makes it over Clemons.

Taylor over Brownlee

Warren and Max Mitchell make the team. With Mitchell playing both inside and out.

Davis over Izzy, but the real battle will between Cohen and Izzy.

• Upvote 1

I think Sarge next projected roster will be interesting.  It is interesting to list players who seem to be on track to make the team.   The key will be players who get cut to make room for those players.  

Injuries will play a big role.   When you have a roster that is as strong as the Jets' is, you end up letting go good players who make other rosters.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

100% based on what I've read on social media, some press conferences, and a few videos - so, you know, take this with a HUGE grain of salt....

Remember, these are people who were on the bubble, not players who were pretty much locks to make the team

1.  Qwan’tez Stiggers CB  ⬆️⬆️⬆️
    Was probably never really on the bubble, but he's been the undoubted breakout star so far
  2.  Takk McKinley Edge   ⬆️⬆️
     Was probably signed as insurance against a prolonged Reddick holdout, but now he might be on the team either way
  3.  Leki Fotu DT   ⬆️⬆️
    Under the radar free agent signee who now looks like a major contributor
  4.  Malik Taylor WR   ⬆️⬆️
    Caught a couple of passes last year and was on the Packers practice squad when Rodgers was there. If the final roster was announced today, he'd be on it
  5.  Zaire Barnes LB   ⬆️⬆️
    Rookie season was injury filled but he showed potential last preseason, seems to be healthy and back in the mix
  6.  Jalyn Holmes DL   ⬆️
    Athletic Ohio State alum has shown flashes in the past - had a sack for the Jets last year.  Still on the bubble, but playing well
  7.  Jarrick Bernard-Converse CB ⬆️
    Another player coming back from injury, there were times at LSU when I thought he was a 1st round corner.  Played S for the Jets last year
  8.  Carter Warren OT ⬆️
    Was he on the bubble?  Probably not, but he is running a lot with the 1st team when Smith takes a rest day
  9.  Isaiah Davis RB⬆️
    Overshadowed by fellow rookie RB Braelon Allen, Davis has also gotten strong reviews and even auditioned for KR at times
  10.  Eric Watts DL  ⬆️
    He's running 2nd team in a lot of practice video.  Might be fighting Jalyn Holmes for a roster spot.  We will have a front row seat to the Holmes vs Watts battle all preseason

Anthony Firkser's chances of making the team went way up recently!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Charcuterie Smart is probably gone.  Surratt is on the bubble.  Haven't heard much of Brownlee so far. Tarik is a wildcard, for sure.

All those will be fun and interesting things to watch this preseason.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is a real person?

image.png.4f56605cd604460ecf91ddbac2142190.png

• Haha 2

Sarge is always on that grind and I appreciate it. 
What is most spectacular is his hit percentage... It's got to be near 98%. Near every post is quality, on point, workmanship and content. My fave too ... I agree .. I'd give you honorable mention too .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2