Reddick posts workout video

23 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You've said that twice now.

When in your mind, does "he have to" show up?

He probably will show up before the first game if not before the second game, rinse repeat.  He doesn't have to show up ever. 

This is like a circular firing squad.  There are rules in play.  He may well be thinking if I can't make 20 million I'm not playing.

I'm at a point in my life were if I can't make a certain amount of money doing what I do for a living, I'm doing something else.  And it may be for less money.   Maybe he's there?

• Upvote 1

Here's my thoughts on what's holding this up. I think we have no problem making his contract guaranteed this year And even adding incentives.

The issue I'm sure for Reddick is the incentives.

In essence not believing in himself to reach the money he wants.

Why do I say this?

Snaps!!!

The terms for the 2026 pick to go from a 3rd to a 2nd is he has to play 67.5% of the snaps this year AND get 10 or more sacks.

Meaning the Jets certainly want to use him because he's a darn good player. But likely for sure won't let him hit that 67.5% of snaps mark.

Let's also look at snaps. Bryce Huff had 480 snaps last year. Reddick had 862. Huff had 10 sacks in those snaps. Reddick had 11.

This is not me saying we should've just kept Huff post.

It's me saying that Reddick probably knows he will likely get around 600-700 snaps this year at max. Which would be floating around that 67.5% number. You can bet we'd keep an eye on that.

At around 200 less snaps. Reddick probably wants more of a guarantee than sack numbers to achieve incentives. He had 11 sacks last year but he did have 16 the year before with actually 50 less snaps. So he could based on snap count and previous numbers... get close to that 10 sack mark with less snaps.

But he likely wants easier goals to hit to get those incentives.

And that's what i think the hold up is.

We likely have a 10 sack incentive for him. And him knowing he will get less snaps thinks that goal will be harder for him to hit. We maybe even have like a 6 sack goal for him offered as well, but that bonus isn't as much as he'd like.

The part that doesn't make sense in this, is that since he hasn't reported and if he does eventually. His snap count will be even lower the 1st few weeks. Which would make his incentives even harder to reach.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Here's my thoughts on what's holding this up. I think we have no problem making his contract guaranteed this year And even adding incentives.

The issue I'm sure for Reddick is the incentives.

In essence not believing in himself to reach the money he wants.

Why do I say this?

Snaps!!!

The terms for the 2026 pick to go from a 3rd to a 2nd is he has to play 67.5% of the snaps this year AND get 10 or more sacks.

Meaning the Jets certainly want to use him because he's a darn good player. But likely for sure won't let him hit that 67.5% of snaps mark.

Let's also look at snaps. Bryce Huff had 480 snaps last year. Reddick had 862. Huff had 10 sacks in those snaps. Reddick had 11.

This is not me saying we should've just kept Huff post.

It's me saying that Reddick probably knows he will likely get around 600-700 snaps this year at max. Which would be floating around that 67.5% number. You can bet we'd keep an eye on that.

At around 200 less snaps. Reddick probably wants more of a guarantee than sack numbers to achieve incentives. He had 11 sacks last year but he did have 16 the year before with actually 50 less snaps. So he could based on snap count and previous numbers... get close to that 10 sack mark with less snaps.

But he likely wants easier goals to hit to get those incentives.

And that's what i think the hold up is.

We likely have a 10 sack incentive for him. And him knowing he will get less snaps thinks that goal will be harder for him to hit. We maybe even have like a 6 sack goal for him offered as well, but that bonus isn't as much as he'd like.

The part that doesn't make sense in this, is that since he hasn't reported and if he does eventually. His snap count will be even lower the 1st few weeks. Which would make his incentives even harder to reach.

In my opinion, Two fundamental problems exist;

Reddick showing up & reporting is problem # 1

Reddick won't show up without an adjusted contract, or an extension in hand.

JD refuses to talk with him or his agents until he shows up.

If neither sides budges - Reddick will NOT suit up for us this season.

Salary amount is problem # 2

I don't think guaranteeing Reddick's current deal is enough to get him to report & play, I believe he wants a significant bump in salary - probably to around 25 million for this season if he doesn't get any additional years tacked on. Maybe he'd agree to a little less per year, if he gets another year or two, tacked onto the back end of the deal.

I don't think Woody, will allow JD to offer him that much money, if Woody would have allowed it, Reddick & his agent would have probably agreed & he'd have reported a couple of months ago.

I don't see either one of these problems getting resolved, to either sides satisfaction - which is why I think Reddick sits out this season.

Both sides are dug in - the one who really should blink is Reddick, JD can't afford to (due to future contract negotiations with other players) and ulitmately, it's not JD writing the checks - it's Woody.

Reddick thinks he's right and I truly believe he won't swallow his pride. Once he publicly requested a trade, I knew he had checked out and wants nothing to do with this team.

If Reddick is going to report he'd need to do it by COB on Tuesday Sept 3rd, to be of any use to us on opening day.

I actually had today picked as his reporting date, but I really think that's just a pipe dream now, after everything that's happened since I picked that date, back on August 6th.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

which is why I think Reddick sits out this season.

That absolutely isn’t happening! He’d have lost $14 million this year, to only play on the same contract next year which will be worth less when adjusted for current vs. future value. Add to that the loss of interest or investment earnings & sponsorship opportunities 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nick Fangold said:

Not mentioned much in this whole saga is that the Jets want to ensure he plays less than 67.5% of the snaps to avoid the 3rd becoming a second so if he misses a few games or has to be eased into the rotation it helps facilitate that part of the deal and makes it easy to use him more late in the season against the overall tougher part of our schedule.

not sure he was ever getting to that number given our rotational scheme

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

I think that as long as Reddick fails to report his contract does not count against the cap, and the Jets are free to use that money however they want to. Should he decide to return, then the team would have to make adjustments to fit him in. In fact, I believe they’ve already spent some of it being that his $14.2M salary currently doesn’t count against the cap, but (according to OTC) the Jets only have $11M in room. 

You could be right, but I'm not sure about that. He's under contract (and played last year) so it may be they have to keep the placeholder for him and 1/17 of it comes off the cap (cap space reappears) after each week he's held out, since he won't have collected a game check from the prior week. 

OTC may look like that because a season-long grid can't account for week to week changes like that, and Jason may be presuming he's holding out the whole season until such time that the holdout ends. You'd have to ask him, though.

• Upvote 1

Reddick working out to look good for his next cosplay trip.

I figured cooler heads would have prevailed by now.

But it's dragged on this long, might as well see what happens week 1 without him.

If the Jets beat the 9ers and the DL and pass rush look good, maybe it shows Reddick that the Jets don't need him as badly as he seems to think.

Even if he shows up now, he won't be in football shape for week 1 anyway.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Reddick working out to look good for his next cosplay trip.

I figured cooler heads would have prevailed by now.

But it's dragged on this long, might as well see what happens week 1 without him.

If the Jets beat the 9ers and the DL and pass rush look good, maybe it shows Reddick that the Jets don't need him as badly as he seems to think.

Even if he shows up now, he won't be in football shape for week 1 anyway.

For real.

Think how bad and his cards have to change if we go out there Week 1 without him and JJ, Mac, and others have a great game.

Same could be said for the other side though. Where without him maybe we create no pressure.

47 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

In my opinion, Two fundamental problems exist;

Reddick showing up & reporting is problem # 1

Reddick won't show up without an adjusted contract, or an extension in hand.

JD refuses to talk with him or his agents until he shows up.

If neither sides budges - Reddick will NOT suit up for us this season.

Salary amount is problem # 2

I don't think guaranteeing Reddick's current deal is enough to get him to report & play, I believe he wants a significant bump in salary - probably to around 25 million for this season if he doesn't get any additional years tacked on. Maybe he'd agree to a little less per year, if he gets another year or two, tacked onto the back end of the deal.

I don't think Woody, will allow JD to offer him that much money, if Woody would have allowed it, Reddick & his agent would have probably agreed & he'd have reported a couple of months ago.

I don't see either one of these problems getting resolved, to either sides satisfaction - which is why I think Reddick sits out this season.

Both sides are dug in - the one who really should blink is Reddick, JD can't afford to (due to future contract negotiations with other players) and ulitmately, it's not JD writing the checks, Woody is

Reddick thinks he's right and I truly believe he won't swallow his pride. Once he publicly requested a trade, I knew he had checked out and wants nothing to do with this team.

If Reddick is going to report he'd need to do it by COB on Tuesday Sept 3rd, to be of any use to us on opening day.

I actually had today picked as his reporting date, but I really think that's just a pipe dream now, after everything that's happened since I picked that date, back on August 6th.

My big takeaway from all of this is that unless he resolves this by showing up before the deadline, Reddick essentially retired and doesn't realize it yet... lol

If he holds out all year, it just reverts him back to Square 1 with the Jets, a year older and a year out of Football.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For real.

Think how bad and his cards have to change if we go out there Week 1 without him and JJ, Mac, and others have a great game.

Same could be said for the other side though. Where without him maybe we create no pressure.

But what if the opposite happens?

let's remember we lost both Huff and JFM.  Currently Michael Clemmons is one of the the main 3 rotating Edge's - with 235 McD also being one of the 3.

Huff, JJ and JFM vs. McD, JJ and Clemmons - that seems like a pretty substantive drop off in talent there. 

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, slats said:

Not sure what the prevailing thought is, but mine is that the Jets shouldn’t be bending over backwards for a guy who’s never played a down for them and won’t even give them the courtesy of showing up to negotiate.  

Your position seems to be to just bend over. 

I was ok with him holding out to get a higher paid 1 year deal. I think $20m for 1 year is very reasonable for him.

But he has way overplayed his hands. He can kick rocks.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

let's remember we lost both Huff and JFM.  Currently Michael Clemmons is one of the the main 3 rotating Edge's - with 235 McD also being one of the 3.

Huff, JJ and JFM vs. McD, JJ and Clemmons - that seems like a pretty substantive drop off in talent there. 

I think Q and Kinlaw will attract a lot of attention by the IOL.

Leaving a good amount of 1 on 1s for our DEs.

Obviously Williams playing for SF make a a huge difference in this bc he can handle guys 1 on 1 with a very high success rate.

But right now just like us with Reddick. He isn't their starting LT. If I had to bet... I think he does start for them in this game and being it's the same system and guys around him. He'll be just fine.

But there is the right side where I think we can attack SF RT. He's not trash. But he isn't great either.

So if we can get pressure up the middle where they have to worry about that, which I think we can. and have JJ or Mac win 1 on 1s here or there. We'll be just fine.

I think we can rattle Purdy in this one. We've seen us do this to LOTS of good QBs over the last year or 2.

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I dont understand why Reddick and team think this is still a good idea. They hardly have any leverage. He’s not that valuable to the team where we can’t afford to not have him.  

We need Reddick dude. I hate it. But this defense without a Bryce Huff or Reddick is not the same. Not to mention no JFM setting the edges. It's still good, but not elite 

This is why I said just trade him for whatever, admit the mistake and just sign ngakoue 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Q and Kinlaw will attract a lot of attention by the IOL.

Leaving a good amount of 1 on 1s for our DEs.

Obviously Williams playing for SF make a a huge difference in this bc he can handle guys 1 on 1 with a very high success rate.

But right now just like us with Reddick. He isn't their starting LT. If I had to bet... I think he does start for them in this game and being it's the same system and guys around him. He'll be just fine.

But there is the right side where I think we can attack SF RT. He's not trash. But he isn't great either.

So if we can get pressure up the middle where they have to worry about that, which I think we can. and have JJ or Mac win 1 on 1s here or there. We'll be just fine.

I think we can rattle Purdy in this one. We've seen us do this to LOTS of good QBs over the last year or 2.

Personally, I think Bryce Huff is far too underrated by Jet fans.   I can live without JFM, but not replacing Huff is going to have a much bigger impact than most here are willing to accept.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If he holds out all year, it just reverts him back to Square 1 with the Jets, a year older and a year out of Football.

If that happens, I’d expect the Jets to cut him or trade him for a Conditional 4th in 2025. I assume his contract would stay in effect with the trade

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Clemons wont be playing edge during the season except for on running downs.  The one thing I trust w/ this coaching staff is the DL and they know Clemons sucks.  That said, in this season to season comparison you're leaving out Kinlaw, 14th overall pick, familiar w/ the system and by far the most talented DT Q.Will has ever played alongside and it looks like the other former 1st round pick they picked up is having a resurgence in Takk McKinley.  Throw in Will McD being way better prospect than Huff and should have a very similar jump in sack numbers to Huff once given the snaps, and nothing is actually different at all.  Possibly still an upgrade and that's w/out Reddick who will eventually show.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

He probably will show up before the first game if not before the second game, rinse repeat.  He doesn't have to show up ever. 

This is like a circular firing squad.  There are rules in play.  He may well be thinking if I can't make 20 million I'm not playing.

I'm at a point in my life were if I can't make a certain amount of money doing what I do for a living, I'm doing something else.  And it may be for less money.   Maybe he's there?

We are not talking about making $500k here.  He is not walking away from $14 million which a lot even if you have already made millions.

We are not talking about making $500k here.  He is not walking away from $14 million which a lot even if you have already made millions.
He's already lost 4.8 million.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Personally, I think Bryce Huff is far too underrated by Jet fans.   I can live without JFM, but not replacing Huff is going to have a much bigger impact than most here are willing to accept.

I liked Huff and whether we should’ve kept him is a whole other conversation. But you don’t think McDonald can fill that role or close to it? It’s also about sacks in general. Doesn’t have to be just from 1 guy. If JJ gets 9. McDonald gets 9. Q 9. Kinlaw 6. Do we care where it’s coming from as long as it’s happening?

14 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Pretty sure it's 1.8 @Sperm Edwards?

I forget and am just on my phone, but my understanding is it’s $50K x however many days of camp he missed, plus 3 game checks at like $800K or so.

Even if that’s the case I’m still not 100% sure if the portion for the missed game fines are mandatory or discretionary.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Clemons wont be playing edge during the season except for on running downs.  The one thing I trust w/ this coaching staff is the DL and they know Clemons sucks.  That said, in this season to season comparison you're leaving out Kinlaw, 14th overall pick, familiar w/ the system and by far the most talented DT Q.Will has ever played alongside and it looks like the other former 1st round pick they picked up is having a resurgence in Takk McKinley.  Throw in Will McD being way better prospect than Huff and should have a very similar jump in sack numbers to Huff once given the snaps, and nothing is actually different at all.  Possibly still an upgrade and that's w/out Reddick who will eventually show.

Kinlaw isn't his draft position and McKinley surely isn't.

McD was overdrafted - and Huff surely wasn't.  

Look, I do hear you.  Honestly, and don't' mean to harp on this so much.  I'm not saying it's the end of the world - this is still going to be a very good defense.  It's just for the F-ing life of me - we really never have a team with this level of talent across the board and a QB that isn't a problem.

And for whatever reason most of you are sitting on your high horses with a **** that guy attitude toward Reddick (like we're coming off back to back championships)  I just think that's insane.  Check your ego's here - get the guy in house, pay him and let's go and make a Super Bowl run.     Worry about the extra 10k cap hit in two years when we're starting another rookie QB.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I liked Huff and whether we should’ve kept him is a whole other conversation. But you don’t think McDonald can fill that role or close to it? It’s also about sacks in general. Doesn’t have to be just from 1 guy. If JJ gets 9. McDonald gets 9. Q 9. Kinlaw 6. Do we care where it’s coming from as long as it’s happening?

I think I'm higher on Huff than most for sure.  I hope McD can but I don't know.  Really have no idea.  I know he's really small for the position and I know draft position isn't enough of a reason to think he's going to be good.

Now, that spin move we saw pre-season was pretty nasty.  If that can translate against starting level T's then I'll feel a lot better, but i just don't know.

And this is a  small window for this team....but I do believe the window is real - hate to let an all-pro level sit at home over a pissing match in a season where I honestly believe we can make a run.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Kinlaw isn't his draft position and McKinley surely isn't.

McD was overdrafted - and Huff surely wasn't.  

Look, I do hear you.  Honestly, and don't' mean to harp on this so much.  I'm not saying it's the end of the world - this is still going to be a very good defense.  It's just for the F-ing life of me - we really never have a team with this level of talent across the board and a QB that isn't a problem.

And for whatever reason most of you are sitting on your high horses with a **** that guy attitude toward Reddick (like we're coming off back to back championships)  I just think that's insane.  Check your ego's here - get the guy in house, pay him and let's go and make a Super Bowl run.     Worry about the extra 10k cap hit in two years when we're starting another rookie QB.

Kinlaw certainly did last year and Takk certainly did his first 2 seasons in the league before going through all the personal sh*t.  I'm excited to see them in this defense.  Kinlaw/Q.Will is going to be the best interior duo in the NFL which is going to open things up for everyone else and I could see Q.Will finding his way back to double digit sacks because you cant block either guy 1on1.

Willy McD wasnt overdrafted and he'll easily get 10+ sacks this year.  

Reddick will be here.  Jets are playing this right.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

JFM being gone removes at least 3 game changing penalties.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Kinlaw certainly did last year and Takk certainly did his first 2 seasons in the league before going through all the personal sh*t.  I'm excited to see them in this defense.  Kinlaw/Q.Will is going to be the best interior duo in the NFL which is going to open things up for everyone else and I could see Q.Will finding his way back to double digit sacks because you cant block either guy 1on1.

Willy McD wasnt overdrafted and he'll easily get 10+ sacks this year.  

Reddick will be here.  Jets are playing this right.

I hope you're right.  

I do think Q.Will has a career year this year - he'll be the undisputed best DT in the NFL after this season.  Playing wtih a few leads is really going to help him.