New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Huff has been a monster tonight @Matt39 @FidelioJet @Biggs

Huff zero Sacks Huff Zero Tackles hes not even listed in the defensive stat column. Packers 205 yards of offense 75 yards rushing. Yep Im sure the Eagles defense is happy heading for 400 yards of Offense against and 150 of that rushing. If Packers hold the lead those rushing yards might be even higher and Huff will get worn down in that run game for sure

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He goes for a hold in they should release him on the spot and pay him nothing I dont want this POS anywhere near this team if he tries to get cute like that. The Jets can also put him up for a trade and make it public how many teams are will to deal with this pile of sh*t. Would be very interesting to see how many teams step up to trade for him 

If he makes the roster on game 1 he gets his salary guaranteed for the year.

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

If he makes the roster on game 1 he gets his salary guaranteed for the year.

I thought his salary was not guaranteed for the year and that was one of the reasons for his hold out ? Also if this is the case how can he hold in ? If he's Holds in and we outright release him Im not sure if hes owed that salary

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I thought his salary was not guaranteed for the year and that was one of the reasons for his hold out ? Also if this is the case how can he hold in ? If he's Holds in and we outright release him Im not sure if hes owed that salary

Any vested veteran gets his full salary for that year guaranteed if he is on the 53 for game 1. There can be bonuses and incentives not guaranteed but his salary is guaranteed.

The insurance is for future years and if they get hurt during preseason or training camp

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Makes sense... He won't have to play game 1 but still gets a game check... And it guarantees his salary for the year.

It guarantees his base salary 14.25 million - but he still has to pay his 5 million + in fines.

His net salary would only be 9.25 million after he pays his fines - if he reports on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

We can afford a player without Reddicks cap space.  Until it’s an issue, it’s not

The Jets acquired Reddick April 1st.

At that time, Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney, Shaq Lawson, Randy Gregory were on the open market.

They’re not on the market now because it’s September 7th.

So the money is useless. There is nobody left to sign today, but at the time of the Reddick acquisition, there was.

Do you get it now?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

At that time, Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney, Shaq Lawson, Randy Gregory were on the open market.

So the money is useless. There is nobody left to sign today, but at the time of the Reddick acquisition, there was.

Do you get it now?

Lighten Up, Francis

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Cimini recently predicted that the Jets will trade the 29-year-old linebacker to the Las Vegas Raiders in exchange for superstar WR Davante Adams midway through the upcoming campaign and declared that Reddick will never take the field for Gang Green prior to the blockbuster move..

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-jets/jets-predicted-to-trade-their-disgruntled-pass-rusher-for-a-superstar-wideout/

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Do you get it now?

Clowney was not 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'm so done with this sh*t show.  I've expressed my desire to tell Reddick to go **** himself in multiple replies on this thread and others.  Could he make a difference? Yes.  Is it worth the ******* agony and the total disrespect for his teammates? No.  Hey Reddick, Make up your ******* mind or catch a bus to ****off town.

Hopefully the Jets aren’t nearly as emotional about the situation as you are. 

11 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I should have replied differently but honestly i'm on my 2nd 3 finger rocks glass of Casamigos.Anjeho.  What I meant was the agony of the fans.  my bad.

But if it’s just temporary, alcohol-fueled emotion, I’ll allow it. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We can afford a player without Reddicks cap space.  Until it’s an issue, it’s not

You just keep repeating the same thing.

1) Who are you signing for $15M on September 7th?

2) What happens when you sign this expensive ghost and Reddick shows up?

Sans restructuring a bunch of contracts, it's faux money that can effectively only be used in 2025.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TBJ said:

Cimini recently predicted that the Jets will trade the 29-year-old linebacker to the Las Vegas Raiders in exchange for superstar WR Davante Adams midway through the upcoming campaign and declared that Reddick will never take the field for Gang Green prior to the blockbuster move..

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-jets/jets-predicted-to-trade-their-disgruntled-pass-rusher-for-a-superstar-wideout/

And then he holds out for another team ? Lol. His value will be in the toilet by then if he hasn’t played. If Adams is on the block, means the raiders are out of playoff contention. They would rather have draft picks I'm sure than a disgruntled 30 yr old DE who will probably dog it once he does get his contract. Would make more sense to trade him to a team who does have a shot at playoffs, and needs a pass rusher. Adams will be cheap anyway once the raiders sink as usual lol.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

They will trade him for peanuts if he refuses to play for the Jets. The idea they will hold him hostage next year is fan fiction.

What makes you think they’ll trade him now if they’ve held out this long?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Does he not realize we have his rights next year too if he sits out?

Saleh just needs to rule him out & move on.

JD should trade this P.O.S. away the very first chance he gets - for whatever he can get and let him go die on his sword, somewhere else.

I'm sick of this selfish prick.

I hope we crush the 49er's Monday night.

12 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Saleh just needs to rule him out & move on.

JD should trade this P.O.S. away the very first chance he gets - for whatever he can get and let him go die on his sword, somewhere else.

I'm sick of this selfish prick.

I hope we crush the 49er's Monday night.

You’re way too emotionally invested in this Reddick thing, my friend.

You’re a smart guy. Why do this to yourself?

30 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This is such an unnecessary distraction. Wtf is wrong with this dude.

He doesn’t seem to be distracted by it. In fact he and his agent have barely spoken about it publicly.

It’s the guys here who have started 5 threads about Reddick and can’t stop talking about him who are distracted.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TBJ said:

Cimini is just stealing checks these days. If the Raiders trade Adams it will be because they are out of the playoffs and if thats the case why will they take on a 30 year old disgruntled player who wants big money? Its not like the Raiders even need Reddick that bad. They have Max Crosby

As for Reddick/Jets. I said it a few days ago earlier in this thread. Reddick is not going to play a down for this organization. Give his agent permission to seek a trade/contract and cut bait.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

I said it a few days ago earlier in this thread. Reddick is not going to play a down for this organization. Give his agent permission to seek a trade/contract and cut bait.

Considering his behavior to this point, I’m thinking this is the case as well. It was weird to trade for him after he turned down the Jets offer, he probably never had any interest in actually coming here if he knew he wasn’t getting the deal he wanted (his press conference is the equivalent of coach speak. Of course he was going to say all the right things) and he feels lied to, mislead, whatever the case. It’s been a senseless holdout so far and he seems dug in on principle instead of money.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re way too emotionally invested in this Reddick thing, my friend.

You’re a smart guy. Why do this to yourself?

Not so much.

I just see it for what it is, no need to sugar coat it.

I think Reddick is a pile of hot, steaming garbage and it's time to ship him off to the dumps.

51 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

Cimini is just stealing checks these days. If the Raiders trade Adams it will be because they are out of the playoffs and if thats the case why will they take on a 30 year old disgruntled player who wants big money? Its not like the Raiders even need Reddick that bad. They have Max Crosby

As for Reddick/Jets. I said it a few days ago earlier in this thread. Reddick is not going to play a down for this organization. Give his agent permission to seek a trade/contract and cut bait.

Cimini isn't the greatest, but I happen to agree with him when he surmises that Reddick will never take a snap in a Jets uniform and I've stated this several times now.

I believe he is dead set on forcing his way off this team, one way or another.

I know what all the conventional wisdom says, but this cat is not following any conventional wisdom and he's done nothing logical, since the off-season began.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Reddick feels like he's been wronged, for whatever the reason.

This is about pride now and when a man's pride is involved, common sense, along with conventional logic & wisdom go out the window.

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Not so much.

I just see it for what it is, no need to sugar coat it.

How many times in the past month have you posted about him?
I’d say 30 times a day is a very conservative guess, it’s probably more. You’ve been around a really long time, and you’ve always been a fun read. Maybe I’m wrong here, but again, I think you’re letting this get to you way more than you should.

That said, you’re not annoying anyone and a lot of people keep replying, so what the hell do I know, right? 😜

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How many times in the past month have you posted about him?
I’d say 30 times a day is a very conservative guess, it’s probably more. You’ve been around a really long time, and you’ve always been a fun read. Maybe I’m wrong here, but again, I think you’re letting this get to you way more than you should.

That said, you’re not annoying anyone and a lot of people keep replying, so what the hell do I know, right? 😜

We see eye to eye more often than not and I respect your opinion.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It guarantees his base salary 14.25 million - less his 5 million + in fines.

His salary doesn't drop to $9.25MM. He still gets that same base salary of $14.25MM. He has to pay $5MM out of it, though: it's that he doesn't get to keep all of it; not that he doesn't get all of it in the first place.

The way he doesn't get some of it - where base salary is actually lowered - is by holding out regular season games (or retiring, in theory). 

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

His salary doesn't drop to $9.25MM. He still gets that same base salary of $14.25MM. He has to pay $5MM out of it, though: it's that he doesn't get to keep all of it; not that he doesn't get all of it in the first place.

The end result is still the same right?

His net pay will only be $9.25 million, after he pays all of his fines.

It really doesn't matter, he's not reporting.