New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not really.

It's the same to him; it's different to the team.

I was referring to the net salary he'd receive after paying his fines - not the team's salary cap.

I said his 14.25 million in base salary was guaranteed - when I said "less 5 million in fines" that was supposed to mean, that he still had to pay 5 million in fines out of his base salary.

I thought that was self-explanatory, but apparently not.

I'll re-word my post, so there isn't any room for misinterpretations.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I was referring to the net salary he'd receive after paying his fines - not the team's salary cap.

I said his 14.25 million in base salary was guaranteed - when I said "less 5 million in fines" that was supposed to mean, that he still had to pay 5 million in fines out of his base salary.

I thought that was self-explanatory, but apparently not.

I'll re-word my post, so there isn't any room for misinterpretations.

...and decrease your font size ;) 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

...and decrease your font size ;) 

Everybody is cracking on me about that, it makes it easier to see, my reading vision isn't great since I had Lasik done for distance vision, in my dominant eye a while back and I really don't like wearing reading glasses.

I'll decrease it a little bit, how's this?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL this is so stupid

His contract is going to toll if he never shows up

Even if he shows up he’ll be out of shape and won’t know the defense

It sure does look like this guy is ready to throw away $15mm....I'm not sure what point he thinks he's proving with falling on his sword.  

This will just be another cautionary tale for both parties.

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

They will trade him for peanuts if he refuses to play for the Jets. The idea they will hold him hostage next year is fan fiction.

A smart gm would do exact that. But JD has shown to do a lot of dumb things most rookie GMs would do. A smart gm would have made trade competition contingent on Reddick showing up to play. But I’m sure eagles gm already knew this outcome was likely. Probably would have traded Reddick for a 6th rounder..

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Everybody is cracking on me about that, it makes it easier to see, my reading vision isn't great since I had Lasik done for distance vision, in my dominant eye a while back and I really don't like wearing reading glasses.

You do realize you can zoom the whole page, right?   Or do you only read your own posts?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

A smart gm would do exact that. But JD has shown to do a lot of dumb things most rookie GMs would do. A smart gm would have made trade competition contingent on Reddick showing up to play. But I’m sure eagles gm already knew this outcome was likely. Probably would have traded Reddick for a 6th rounder..

Or maybe the gm lives high on culture and basically running a guys career into the ground to be spiteful back sends a bad message 

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or maybe the gm lives high on culture and basically running a guys career into the ground to be spiteful back sends a bad message 

the guy is running his own career into the ground not anyone else.

They will trade him for peanuts if he refuses to play for the Jets. The idea they will hold him hostage next year is fan fiction.
As long as the peanuts amount to more than the peanuts they paid for him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Better

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Reddick and maybe his agent too, are definitely the villain here. It’s not even close. It would send a message to players not to pull this crap with jets. By laying down and giving in, just inviting players ( currently on roster or not ) to pull same shiit.. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How exactly do you make a trade contingent upon a random future event? Are the Eagles going to agree to take him back if he doesn't play? Or accept nothing in return because he decided he didn't like us?

39 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Reddick and maybe his agent too, are definitely the villain here. It’s not even close. It would send a message to players not to pull this crap with jets. By laying down and giving in, just inviting players ( currently on roster or not ) to pull same shiit.. 

Maybe since he is from Philly he just hates the Jets... 

18 minutes ago, jamesr said:

How exactly do you make a trade contingent upon a random future event? Are the Eagles going to agree to take him back if he doesn't play? Or accept nothing in return because he decided he didn't like us?

Is that a serious question? It happens all the time. Aaron Rodgers not playing certain amount a snaps was why we only had to give up a 2nd, as opposed a 1st. Even Reddick deal has a similar structure. If he ends up playing most of the season, it’s a 2nd rounder we have to give up.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Is that a serious question? It happens all the time. Aaron Rodgers not playing certain amount a snaps was why we only had to give up a 2nd, as opposed a 1st. Even Reddick deal has a similar structure. If he ends up playing most of the season, it’s a 2nd rounder we have to give up.

Yes, it's a serious question. Reddick is a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he plays x% of snaps / has y sacks.

But how does that turn into "making the trade contingent upon Reddick showing up"? In the above examples, Eagles know they get AT LEAST a 3rd, and it will be more if the Jest get great value. How do you make that go the other way? They only get a 7th if he stiffs us and doesn't bother to report? No-one would make a deal like that.

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t think Douglas is going to cave here

Not his style 

Which means HR is straight up throwing 14M out the window 

He's been caving regularly.  Demands for trades have happened and resulted in a trade. 

Now is not the time to grow a backbone.  Get the guy in house.

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's been caving regularly.  Demands for trades have happened and resulted in a trade. 

I don’t recall in season. He didn’t w/ Moore until offseason. 

27 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Yes, it's a serious question. Reddick is a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he plays x% of snaps / has y sacks.

But how does that turn into "making the trade contingent upon Reddick showing up"? In the above examples, Eagles know they get AT LEAST a 3rd, and it will be more if the Jest get great value. How do you make that go the other way? They only get a 7th if he stiffs us and doesn't bother to report? No-one would make a deal like that.

Really ? If eagles were that confident that Reddick would report they wouldn’t have mind adding another condition . You are saying that wouldn’t because why because they knew this was a likely outcome, furthering the belief that they fleeced JD ? That is very likely.

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I don’t recall in season. He didn’t w/ Moore until offseason. 

This is the off-season.  But seriously, Joe hasn't been a steadfast rock with these things.  Most GM's and organizations aren't.

But this year is just too important to decide to become a rock.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Really ? If eagles were that confident that Reddick would report they wouldn’t have mind adding another condition . You are saying that wouldn’t because why because they knew this was a likely outcome, furthering the belief that they fleeced JD ? That is very likely.

No GM would accept additional conditions that lower the compensation they get in a trade. The conditional element is only ever an upgrade if certain conditions are met.

If JD were to do that everyone would be screaming for him to be fired. (Again :D).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the off-season.  But seriously, Joe hasn't been a steadfast rock with these things.  Most GM's and organizations aren't.

But this year is just too important.

Giving in to a 30+ y.o. on say a multi year deal, who has not played a DOWN for you previously, is not the path to take.  We have to sign Wilson, Gardner, AVT and Hall coming up among others.  I am certain that JD would guarantee his $14 million and give him a few incentives to earn more this year if he would get his ass in here to play this season and they can talk about an extension during the season.  It's all ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, jamesr said:

No GM would accept additional conditions that lower the compensation they get in a trade. The conditional element is only ever an upgrade if certain conditions are met.

If JD were to do that everyone would be screaming for him to be fired. (Again :D).

I don’t understand what you are not understanding. It happens a lot more than you appear to know :) remember how wide of compensation range of the Brett farve trade ? Let me remind you lol. 

4th round pick . The draft pick traded for Favre turns into a third-round selection if he plays in 50 percent of the plays this season, a second-rounder if he plays in 70 percent of the plays and the Jets qualify for the playoffs, and a first-round pick if he plays in 80 percent of the plays and Jets make it to the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

on his terms, there is a difference. Reddick can go eat a dick.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Giving in to a 30+ y.o. on say a multi year deal, who has not played a DOWN for you previously, is not the path to take.  We have to sign Wilson, Gardner, AVT and Hall coming up among others.  I am certain that JD would guarantee his $14 million and give him a few incentives to earn more this year if he would get his ass in here to play this season and they can talk about an extension during the season.  It's all ridiculous.

This year we have the best chance to truly make a SB run in over 25 years.  

There's a pretty good chance in two years we'll have a new GM, HC who will be looking to trade a couple of those guys to move up for a QB.   Signing an elite pass rusher for 3 years isn't exactly a horrible move either.

I'm not saying to the throw the kitchen sink at the guy but at least open a dialog for crying out loud.  Yes, Reddick is being childish for sure - but Joe Douglas's -' he has to be here or I won't talk to him' - nonsense is not too far behind on the Juvenile Acts chart.  

Pick up the F-ing phone and try and work something out.  Be the bigger man.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, #27TheDominator said:

This is kind of where I am.  He hasn't made the playoffs and he has been here for six seasons!   Well, far as I recall the team has only played 5 seasons since he got here and only 4 since he had a draft/free agency.  I get that things are going slower than people like, but c'mon.  I understand people arguing that the team hasn't won anything yet, but acting like they already had a losing record for 2024 because #Jets is just as silly.

The real GM is Woody and he hasn’t made the playoffs in 15 years

• Thumb Down 1