NFL FOOTBALL IS SO BACK Chiefs/Ravens

Just like to stop by and say that Derrick Henry looked a lot like Dalvin Cook last night. I don’t know if the Chiefs defense is that good, or if Henry’s hitting the wall, but looking at his career stats I’d probably say it’s the latter. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Just like to stop by and say that Derrick Henry looked a lot like Dalvin Cook last night. I don’t know if the Chiefs defense is that good, or if Henry’s hitting the wall, but looking at his career stats I’d probably say it’s the latter. 

It's going to take time to decide that.  The Chiefs D is pretty good and The Ravens did let a bunch of their O line go.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Can’t wait for the AI replacing the Refs thread! 
More likely the players get replaced first ... You underestimate the power of the (Vegas) force. Refs need to control the narrative.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

My bigger takeaway is that the Ravens look like they may miss Moses and Simpson

I wonder if they missed their best chance to win it all with Lamar last year 

having said that - week 1 overreactions are to be avoided 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's going to take time to decide that.  The Chiefs D is pretty good and The Ravens did let a bunch of their O line go.  

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Henry typically thrives with more carries. He looked okay considering he was getting hit immediately at the line of scrimmage. Baltimore telegraphed run plays, the Chiefs have good run D, and the Baltimore OL looked bad… plus Henry didn’t take a snap in preseason.

I think there’s a lot to be worked out. I honestly didn’t understand the Baltimore offensive game plan… but the real difference last night was the officiating.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I remember people saying similar things about John Elway and Peyton Manning, and then, they won rings.

The last 2 times I watched Lamar play, he led comeback drives vs. the best team/defense in the NFL and in this game of inches, Lamar did all he could (granted I think he missed a big throw last night) but Flowers fumbling at the goal line in the AFC champ game and now Likely not being able to get his foot a pubic hair further away from the line....and their could be a totally different narrative here regarding Lamar.  Idk, it's pretty obvious to me the Ravens fail Lamar time and time again, not the other way around.  There is a reason he's the youngest player in NFL history to win 2 MVP's.  No team is more dependent on their QB then the Ravens but I'm not going to beat this dead horse and revisit these silly takes I've demolished over the years.  I'll do what I always do, let time prove me right.

I hear you.  But Lamar has played in 6 playoff games and his stats are substantially worse overall there vs. regular season.  So much so that you start to wonder if it's more than just a statistical aberration and it may be who he is. 

Just to put it in some sort of weird perspective, he and Sanchez have the same number of playoff games.

Lamar: 6 TD, 6 INT, 57.4% completion, 75.7 Rating, Sacked 26 times(!)

Sanchez: 9 TD, 3 INT, 60.5% completion, 94.3 Rating, Sacked 4 times

Lamar did rush for 521 yards and 3 TDs (Sanchez rushed for 1).

We have many people who blame our two AFCCG losses on Sanchez (completely wrong btw).  So I just don't see giving Lamar a pass here.  He's a great weapon during the regular season.  There are just some guys who, for whatever reason, don't get it done in January.  He might be that guy.

Now we have BAL, who most people say has a superb front office and coaching staff and you are saying they let him down. There's just a lot to unpack with this entire situation.   We don't need to do it, but I think Lamar is a good, but far from great passer and all the running in the world won't change that.  I think Josh Allen is actually a slightly better overall QB if you want to talk running QBs.

And IMO, last year's MVP was one of the weakest overall cases I've seen.  I know it was nearly unanimous, but when you look at the stats, it just doesn't compare to prior years.  I don't hate the guy.  I just think BAL may have been stuck in an impossible situation and did what they had to do (signing that new contract) and now they are going to watch the Super Bowl from home with regrets every year for a while.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Henry typically thrives with more carries. He looked okay considering he was getting hit immediately at the line of scrimmage. Baltimore telegraphed run plays, the Chiefs have good run D, and the Baltimore OL looked bad… plus Henry didn’t take a snap in preseason.

I think there’s a lot to be worked out. I honestly didn’t understand the Baltimore offensive game plan… but the real difference last night was the officiating.

The lack of calls on KC for so many violations is getting ridiculous.  There is simply no place their tackles and WRs can line up that will draw a flag and they know it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agree with all of this. 

I’d say almost all RBs thrive with more carries. I didn’t understand not giving him the ball after that first quarter. (Something Jason Garrett also noted at halftime) 

what is the point of bringing Henry in if Lamar is  still going to be asked to run for 150 yards? He will get hurt this year if they let him run as much as he did last night - give the ball to Henry!

and the officiating was hilariously bad at times 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I remember people saying similar things about John Elway and Peyton Manning, and then, they won rings.

The last 2 times I watched Lamar play, he led comeback drives vs. the best team/defense in the NFL and in this game of inches, Lamar did all he could (granted I think he missed a big throw last night) but Flowers fumbling at the goal line in the AFC champ game and now Likely not being able to get his foot a pubic hair further away from the line....and their could be a totally different narrative here regarding Lamar.  Idk, it's pretty obvious to me the Ravens fail Lamar time and time again, not the other way around.  There is a reason he's the youngest player in NFL history to win 2 MVP's.  No team is more dependent on their QB then the Ravens but I'm not going to beat this dead horse and revisit these silly takes I've demolished over the years.  I'll do what I always do, let time prove me right.

I love Lamar but he really pissed me off in the AFC title game last year. He might not get another chance that good again for a long time, if ever. They should have won it all last year. It was all there for them. That was a dagger. 

I can’t think of a great player who needs a big playoff run more than him 

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hear you.  But Lamar has played in 6 playoff games and his stats are substantially worse overall there vs. regular season.  So much so that you start to wonder if it's more than just a statistical aberration and it may be who he is. 

Just to put it in some sort of weird perspective, he and Sanchez have the same number of playoff games.

Lamar: 6 TD, 6 INT, 57.4% completion, 75.7 Rating

Sanchez: 9 TD, 3 INT, 60.5% completion, 94.3 Rating.

We have many people who blame our two AFCCG losses on Sanchez (completely wrong btw).  So I just don't see giving Lamar a pass here.  He's a great weapon during the regular season.  There are just some guys who, for whatever reason, don't get it done in January.  He might be that guy.

Now we have BAL, who most people say has a superb front office and coaching staff and you are saying they let him down. There's just a lot to unpack with this entire situation.   We don't need to do it, but I think Lamar is a good, but far from great passer and all the running in the world won't change that.  I think Josh Allen is actually a slightly better overall QB if you want to talk running QBs.

And IMO, last year's MVP was one of the weakest overall cases I've seen.  I know it was nearly unanimous, but when you look at the stats, it just doesn't compare to prior years.  I don't hate the guy.  I just think BAL may have been stuck in an impossible situation and did what they had to do (signing that new contract) and now they are going to watch the Super Bowl from home with regrets every year for a while.  

Cool story but just for the record, I think it's important to note you're claiming, a guy w/ a career 65% comp, 126 TD's and 45 INT's ratio good for 5th all time, and a career Passing TD% of 5.9 which are both better then Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and everyone in the league other than Mahomes and Rodgers... "a bad passer of the Football."

Oh and every QB on a massive contract is watching the SB from home and their team is stuck with it except the Chiefs.  The Ravens just have the only won who actually has a chance to unseat the king.

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I love Lamar but he really pissed me off in the AFC title game last year. He might not get another chance that good again for a long time, if ever. They should have won it all last year. It was all there for them. That was a dagger. 

I can’t think of a great player who needs a big playoff run more than him 

I too hated when Zay Flowers fumbling into the endzone ruined what was an incredibly clutch drive by Lamar Jackson and destroyed the chances for the Ravens to prevail.  It was unfortunate. 

13 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I too hated when Zay Flowers fumbling into the endzone ruined what was an incredibly clutch drive by Lamar Jackson and destroyed the chances for the Ravens to prevail.  It was unfortunate. 

Eh, a lot happened before that drive, brother. 

he was 20 for 37 and put up 10 points. He wasn’t good in that game - like most of his playoff games, thus far. 

When you are the MVP playing at home as the #1 seed in the AFC title game, you have to do better than that. It’s fair for people to take shots at him until he gets it done in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, a lot happened before that drive, brother. 

he was 20 for 37 and put up 10 points. He wasn’t good in that game - like most of his playoff games, thus far. 

When you are the MVP playing at home as the #1 seed in the AFC title game, you have to do better than that. It’s fair for people to take shots at him until he gets it done in the playoffs. 

17 would have been the same as his opponent.  Would that have been good enough?

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

The lack of calls on KC for so many violations is getting ridiculous.  There is simply no place their tackles and WRs can line up that will draw a flag and they know it.

chiefs ... the new cheatriots.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

17 would have been the same as his opponent.  Would that have been good enough?

But they didn’t score 17, they scored 10. Sure, blame a rookie WR for a bad fumble. But they weren’t down 17-7 in that game because of Flowers, they were down because their QB was having a stinker. 

You can’t have it both ways. Either he’s the MVP of the league (and therefore expected to be great) or he’s not. 

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why? 

You don't have to try and stop Patrick Mahomes if you score a 2 point conversion and you've got Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson in the backfield.

Yea, if you kick off to Mahomes in overtime, you very likely never see the ball again. 

Nothing wrong with going for 2 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Agree with all of this. 

I’d say almost all RBs thrive with more carries. I didn’t understand not giving him the ball after that first quarter. (Something Jason Garrett also noted at halftime) 

what is the point of bringing Henry in if Lamar is  still going to be asked to run for 150 yards? He will get hurt this year if they let him run as much as he did last night - give the ball to Henry!

and the officiating was hilariously bad at times 

Lamar can juice his MVP stats with running the ball

Just now, Matt39 said:

Lamar can juice his MVP stats with running the ball

Well, he's going to be hurt by Thanksgiving if he runs the ball like he did last night every week. I thought they abandoned Henry too quickly last night. Also got a bit screen happy in the middle of the game. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But they didn’t score 17, they scored 10. Sure, blame a rookie WR for a bad fumble. But they weren’t down 17-7 in that game because of Flowers, they were down because their QB was having a stinker. 

You can’t have it both ways. Either he’s the MVP of the league (and therefore expected to be great) or he’s not. 

I remember when Peyton Manning won MVP and then in the AFC Champ game, completed 48% of his pass and threw 4 INT's.  I guess, he wasnt great and not the MVP of the league.

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I remember when Peyton Manning won MVP and then in the AFC Champ game, completed 48% of his pass and threw 4 INT's.  I guess, he wasnt great and not the MVP of the league.

No one is saying that. 

What people are saying is that it was fair to criticize him until he had a great playoff performance. That's all

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, he's going to be hurt by Thanksgiving if he runs the ball like he did last night every week. I thought they abandoned Henry too quickly last night. Also got a bit screen happy in the middle of the game. 

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if you kick off to Mahomes in overtime, you very likely never see the ball again. 

Nothing wrong with going for 2 

Defense wouldnt stop Mahomes in OT, coaching Staff abandoned the run game (again), they got too screen happy, OL sucks but yes, it was all Lamar's fault!!!! 

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No one is saying that. 

What people are saying is that it was fair to criticize him until he had a great playoff performance. That's all

What's the qualifier here?  Lamar had a historic week against the Texans in the divisional round.