Jets' Saleh: 0-1 with Aaron Rodgers feels better than 1-0 in '23

They better get it fixed.

Season 6 for Joe Douglas.  Season 4 for Robert Saleh.  They have not produced a single winning season for the Jets.  And they are still getting embarrassed in primetime on national TV.

The time for talk has long passed.  Results on the field are all that matter.  There is no way Woody is happy right now.  If the Jets have another dud in Tennessee in Week 2, watch out.

This isn't a young, rebuilding team that was recently torn down.  This is a win now team that needs to... win.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

They better get it fixed.

Season 6 for Joe Douglas.  Season 4 for Robert Saleh.  They have not produced a single winning season for the Jets.  And they are still getting embarrassed in primetime on national TV.

The time for talk has long passed.  Results on the field are all that matter.  There is no way Woody is happy right now.  If the Jets have another dud in Tennessee in Week 2, watch out.

This isn't a young, rebuilding team that was recently torn down.  This is a win now team that needs to... win.

I don't think either are on the hot seat in the regular season but I think they'll both be gone if things go poorly this year.

32 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Pretty bang on assessment. Heading into Week 2 last year we all knew that we were in line for a slow death. This season is all out in front of the team

Yes, but he never should've answered this question.  Just like he never should've blabbed to Joe Benigno all of last year. 

He has no clue how to handle the media aspect of this job.

The Jets will win the next 4 games. Bottom line is the two biggest back breakers from Monday Night are correctable. Run blocking generally always improves as the line develops more cohesion and I have faith that Ulbrich (not so much Saleh) has enough pride to make the adjustments to stop the run and avoid getting gouged like that again. This guy is looking to be a head coach soon and he was pretty good with adjustments last year. For whatever reason on Monday they didn’t come soon enough. 

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's statements like this that bring to reality that this isn't a SB contender.  No knock on Sauce.  I get what he's saying.

But it's takes a few years of being good and being prepared for big games...To build the confidence in your roster and team to make SB runs.  It's like you have to make a run or two before you find a way to win the big one.

How about we just win games period... not be out coached every week and have the players prepared to play.... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AZSOJ said:

How about we just win games period... not be out coached every week and have the players prepared to play.... 

Why focus on results 

I’m sure if you ask Coach Bob, he’ll tell you the 3rd string personal punt protector got “1% better” yesterday and that’s all that matters 

“keep the main thing the main thing”

Which is this nebulous goal of perpetual vague self-improvement rather than the concrete goal of winning football games 🤷‍♂️