Week 3 NFL Game Thread

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Ravens got me whole, so I was feeling frisky.

The Chiefs are due for a loss. Waddaya think?

Yup

i have the falcons in a parlay with the panthers and on the ml

drake and pitts anytime td

oh and in case I didn’t mention it the chargers suck and are the softest team in the league

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Yup

i have the falcons in a parlay with the panthers and on the ml

drake and pitts anytime td

oh and in case I didn’t mention it the chargers suck and are the softest team in the league

Was Herbert able to finish the game after reinsuring the leg today?

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Busts are easy criticisms. Come on, do better. 🤣

OK, some time in I believe the mid 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been the 1990's) The New York Jets signed a bunch of guys (7 or 8 random dudes) from other teams practice squads at the end of training camp, not understanding the rules of the transaction and that they were obligated to carry every one of them on their 53 man roster. They had to CUT guys that had made the final roster to make room for the additions, and ****ed their roster up completely. True Story.

Now THATS a "blunder". 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK, some time in I believe the mid 80's (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been the 1990's) The New York Jets signed a bunch of guys (7 or 8 random dudes) from other teams practice squads at the end of training camp, not understanding the rules of the transaction and that they were obligated to carry every one of them on their 53 man roster. They had to CUT guys that had made the final roster to make room for the additions, and ****ed their roster up completely. True Story.

Now THATS a "blunder". 

Only the Jets would manage to do this.  😂

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Now THATS a "blunder". 

Not sure if you’re referring to when Mangini cut the last five or six dudes on the roster on the same day and Leberfeld flipped out because (presumably) they were the ones feeding him “Whispers” info. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Mike McDaniel would suck on so many hogs to get Mike White back

Ok?

Why did they sign Tim Boyle and Tyler Huntley instead?

what do you think happened? They got tired of his act and after he lost the backup job to Thompson they didn’t even offer him a PS spot ? Just “hit the road jack? “

or

After losing out to Thompson they asked him to stay on as a PS player but he gave them the old, “do you know who I am?” Act and uprooted his young family out of Miami Florida out of spite ?

Either way there is obviously bad blood there. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Let’s get it back tonight, buddy.

Absolutely 

panthers brought me back to positive territory 

feeling it so I bet the rams at +1500 down 24-14

falcons win tonight and it’s double whopper with cheese instead of happy meal

good luck tonight

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure if you’re referring to when Mangini cut the last five or six dudes on the roster on the same say and Leberfeld flipped out because (presumably) they were the ones feeding him “Whispers” info. 

No, it was back in the day. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok?

Why did they sign Tim Boyle and Tyler Huntley instead?

what do you think happened? They got tired of his act and after he lost the backup job to Thompson they didn’t even offer him a PS spot ? Just “hit the road jack? “

or

After losing out to Thompson they asked him to stay on as a PS player but he gave them the old, “do you know who I am?” Act and uprooted his young family out of Miami Florida out of spite ?

Either way there is obviously bad blood there. 

He’s a bad fit for that puny boy offense and both he and McDaniel acknowledged as much. Now he’s on Buffalo where him and Josh Allen take turns launching piss missiles over the Canadian border. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

how on earth is there a negative feeling towards Mike White by Jets fans? Do you people kick kittens? He's a living saint and I renounce you all 

Exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud. Zach Truthers could never forgive him for it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Absolutely 

panthers brought me back to positive territory 

feeling it so I bet the rams at +1500 down 24-14

falcons win tonight and it’s double whopper with cheese instead of happy meal

good luck tonight

Panthers was such a good call by you. That game put me behind the 8 ball from the get. The Browns could saved the early slate, but it wasn’t meant to be. 
I got lucky with the Ravens and a desperation flyer on the Rams game to get even.

The Falcons would give me my first winning Sunday of the season so far..

btw Drake London with your anytime TD… you go son!

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

for real. we were wandering through the desert and he filled our cup with the clean, cool water of non-historically disastrous QB play. 

I joke about it but the MFW era kinda begat the Rodgers experiment. It was a glimpse at a better world

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s a bad fit for that puny boy offense and both he and McDaniel acknowledged as much. Now he’s on Buffalo where him and Josh Allen take turns launching piss missiles over the Canadian border. 

Bad fit ? What were his deficiencies? What was he lacking ? 

12 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

how on earth is there a negative feeling towards Mike White by Jets fans? Do you people kick kittens? He's a living saint and I renounce you all 

Wasn't Eye gor supposed to steal Mike Whites brain when he dropped the brain jar and chose Abby Normals brain instead?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not for me. I never bought into the hype because he has 2 fatal flaws. Cement feet and a glass jaw. Check down Charlie. I hope nobody loves White but hated Pennington lol I never thought he was going to be Nick Foles.  Very limited  player  

to me he was a phony. When he was asked about his ribs, most athletes all say the same thing,”I’m good to go “.  
White started talking about getting on the floor to play with his kids lol. 

Seemed pretty obvious to me that he was campaigning in the locker room for the job. Not great Bob. Me first guy. 

He’s worn out his welcome with 2 franchises.