Lose on MNF - 2025 Rebuild and a Path Forward

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If I were the owner looking to tank? I actually don’t think this is the year to tank, but rather ensure whatever young talent we have is evaluated to determine who should be brought back, and build on SOMETHING worth selling to attract new head coaches.

However, if the scenario is to tank then I fire Saleh and Hackett. Then I tell Ulbrich to bench Rodgers due to “injury” or even performance at this point. 

I trade Sauce, Tyron, Mike Williams, and Breece….if I were tanking of course.

You think anyone is coming here after woody cut JDs legs off by putting him on a budget in his lame duck year ?

The jets are going to stink for 20 years because of woody. 

the old idea of blow it up and start over won’t work here because this franchise is uniquely held in such low regard by the league and front offices and coaches because of Woody. 

woody is used as leverage and as a stalking horse 

• Upvote 1

Agreed but 4 consecutive division titles versus what our guy has produced. He also oversaw the development of an extremely raw QB in Josh Allen who most people wrote off coming out of college.

One other thing about Buffalo.. look at what they've lost on both sides of the ball... so a down year would be possible but they still got off to a 3-0 start and could very well have beaten a really good team on the road yesterday

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

One other thing about Buffalo.. look at what they've lost on both sides of the ball... so a down year would be possible but they still got off to a 3-0 start and could very well have beaten a really good team on the road yesterday

They are certainly beatable this year and given our talent, at home, MNF, this is a game you find a way to win if you are a good team and you find a way to lose if you are sh*t.

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Jets are fully capable of the first part — losing on MNF — but the rest is a pipe dream.

Changes won’t come until black Monday, by which point Aaron Rodgers will already be in a dark cave somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa planning his retirement speech.

I can’t envision Rodgers retiring if the year collapses. He strikes me as someone completely ego-driven and would charm Woody into the notion that it was indeed everyone else’s fault.

Rodgers will subsequently be picking our next GM + HC + roster moves for 2025, which will be his last season in the hope that he can at least leave his career on a positive note….which given the way he’s been playing will be a nightmare scenario for us.

49 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Can we please let them play 8 games before we make any declarations? I appreciate your efforts here, but I believe this team will come together and be tough to beat. Buffalo looked way worse than us the last two weeks. It matters how we come together - all of our really good teams had records like this before we went on a run. There is not one team in the AFC that is separating themselves with a high level of play. We win 3 games in a row and everyone will be talking about Super Bowl. It's a marathon, not a sprint this year. Let's end the season playing our best and see where we are. A team with 9 wins will get in the playoffs this year, maybe 2.

Ive never seen such fear and panic from a fanbase.  I'm shifting from annoyed to sympathetic.  Many of them do seem quite rattled. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing will ever ever ever ever change for this team. For example, let's just say the Jets do the most logical thing which is to fire Saleh immediately. Saleh is a loser head coach, no way anyone can defend otherwise. 

So say that you fire Saleh, what is next? you should also fire Nathanial Hackett. what is next? you should also fire Keith Carter.  I would love to have Ulbrich fired too, but he has bought himself some time. 

Elevate anyone to interim Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Oline coach. Your choice Middleton, Downing, etc.

Fast forward to the end of the season, regardless of the outcome, you fire Joe Douglas. 

You bring another GM who hires a new HC, etc.

What do you think is going to happen? Regardless of how good the talent, this franchise, this organization has the supervillain ability to make everyone regress. GMs, coaches, players. Every single person that touches this organization loses any hope to improve, get better, their regression is guaranteed.

This is because the Jets franchise has embedded in its bones that the most important thing is PR, not winning. PR, image, marketing and all that is the most important factor. I said in another thread, and I will say it again: The Jets are the football version of the play The Producers. 

Nothing will ever ever ever change for this franchise. Unless someone like a Mark Cuban buys this team, nothing will ever change. 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

are you sure ??? always remember the commonality between all the failed regime changes.  And that same factor will underpin the next regime.

the jets may very well never see another playoff game until the ownership changes even if the GM and CS change again, and again, and agin.

no rocket science here.  it should be very clear art this point. 

Yeah but I don’t follow sports and this is the only sport left that I very loosely follow. I’ll stay a Jets fan even if it’s bleak but I can’t support known negligence like what we’ve seen. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah but I don’t follow sports and this is the only sport left that I very loosely follow. I’ll stay a Jets fan even if it’s bleak but I can’t support known negligence like what we’ve seen. 

The catalyst for the Bills turnaround last season was firing Ken Dorsey in-season and promoting Joe Brady.

Bob doesn’t have the guts (or the authority) to do that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Edgy said:

Jets Fans.   If we win, we're in first place in AFCE, and people think we're going to the super bowl?   But if we lose, this team needs to be torn down to the studs.   

The bottom line is that outside of the chiefs, there just aren't a lot of football teams out there that you can look at and say 'These guys are going on a tear'.  

Washington Commanders. 

6 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They don't need a full rebuild. Plenty of pieces in place to use and build on.

And if the new regime wants to move on, should have good trade assets.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT BOYSZ

They need an OC.  This is problematic.  Rodgers wants Hackett there.   A new OC means a new QB too.  Rodgers will wet the bed if a new OC starts telling him that he's a QB and not the owner.  

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The Denver and Minnesota games were literally like watching any game with Zack Wilson or Mike White.

Defense playing good (yet still can’t make a massive turnover to take over the game).

Thing is, the defense did do that.  4 sacks, an interception and a fumble recovery, returned to Viking's territory.   17 first downs allowed on 13 Viking Drives.  They held the Vikings under 3 yards per rush.   The Vikings Average drive was under 20 yards.   The Vikings first field goal "drive" was 3 plays for 2 yards.

If the refs don't go crazy on the PI calls (some legit, some BS), the Jets D gives up 9 points.   Even with the penalties, the Jets D was responsible for 4 sacks, 2 turnovers, and 13 points allowed. 

10 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They don't need a full rebuild. Plenty of pieces in place to use and build on.

And if the new regime wants to move on, should have good trade assets.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT BOYSZ

What is there on offense to build around?

Wilson is good, not elite.  Breece is, I don't know right now.   Long term, they have a center, 1 WR, Braelen and Breece, and what?

If they lose to Buffalo Monday night, and the team looks lost like they have, then I want to see Saleh and Hackett fired the next day.  Let's see what can shake out the rest of the season to see if Douglas is kept or fired too.  I wouldn't make any player moves until the new staff and GM are here and can evaluate the team.  Who knows, maybe a different staff can get these guys to perform at a much higher level?  

Thing is, the defense did do that.  4 sacks, an interception and a fumble recovery, returned to Viking's territory.   17 first downs allowed on 13 Viking Drives.  They held the Vikings under 3 yards per rush.   The Vikings Average drive was under 20 yards.   The Vikings first field goal "drive" was 3 plays for 2 yards.
If the refs don't go crazy on the PI calls (some legit, some BS), the Jets D gives up 9 points.   Even with the penalties, the Jets D was responsible for 4 sacks, 2 turnovers, and 13 points allowed. 
Just aren't getting the explosive plays...remember why we beat Denver the last 2 years..Breece had 70 yard runs... that was the difference in those games