Davante Adams is the only way to save the season

The only realistic way to save the Jets’ season is by acquiring Davante Adams.

At this point, it’s too late to fix what’s fundamentally broken — the offensive coaching. The play-calling is outdated, and no amount of tweaks can compensate for the subpar offensive line play or a once-dominant running back who seems to have lost his edge. But Adams is a game-changer. He can elevate even a flawed system, making the short passing game lethal and opening up opportunities for both the run game and deeper throws. His presence alone could mask the offensive line’s struggles by forcing defenses to shift focus, improving protection.

The key here is to overpower deficiencies with elite talent. In a relatively weak NFL, the Jets’ defense is good enough to make a deep playoff run if paired with even a competent offense. Adams provides that chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so is your take that no player should be added unless that one player fixes all problems? Because it seems like a lot of comments imply that lately and it's freaking me the F out.

That seems like something you made up in your own head.

Sorry to post, but you guys are all wrong. The only savior for this season would be getting Frank Reich in here as OC IMMEDIATELY, and maybe BB as head coach. This whole thing is broken from top to bottom in regard to the offense and HC. Ulbrich is ok, he can stay.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Sorry to post, but you guys are all wrong. The only savior for this season would be getting Frank Reich in here as OC IMMEDIATELY, and maybe BB as head coach. This whole thing is broken from top to bottom in regard to the offense and HC. Ulbrich is ok, he can stay.

I'd rather the Jets be bad and not watch them than the Jets be good and watch them with Belichick as coach.

This is way bigger than one player.

Remember when the Jets were dunking all over the Giants in joint practices? 🤣

Feels like a thousand years ago. but it's been the story of the Robert Saleh era -- endeavoring to win everywhere except where it actually matters, on the football field in games that count.

I would like to see him come here though and rip Saleh to his face on national TV when he realizes how much of a joke the organization is.

Only thing I see Adams for sure saving us with is this timing and back shoulder throws AR seems to love throwing. No one on our team is on the same page as him with this yet. Timing and spots of these throws seem off. Maybe with Adams he's more on the same page.

I want Davante Adams on the Jets as well, but only if Rogers is my quarterback. I can't see Rogers surviving half a season let alone a full season with the current state of our OL. He's already limping. Get ready for Tryod Taylor to be the starting quarterback and last a little longer than Rogers. 

54 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so is your take that no player should be added unless that one player fixes all problems? Because it seems like a lot of comments imply that lately and it's freaking me the F out.

I mean, that’s literally implied in the thread title.

2 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

The other team that was on Adams list is the Steelers. The steelers had the cap room and were willing to pay Aiyuk. They are probably going to land adams.

Organizationally the Steelers are a great choice. Qb is the biggest issue

saints make the most sense to me if they can do it financially followed by ravens

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

no one is paying that. flip them that extra 3rd JD

What's implied here isn't just that teams are balking at their asking price in terms of draft picks, but that they're even balking at paying Adams $1MM/game for the rest of this season & want the Raiders to eat some of it. 

Or at best it's one or the other: they eat a lot of his contract to get as high as a 2nd rounder (never mind more than that), or they take a lower pick if the new team eats the entirety of the rest of his $ for this season.

tumblr_mql716DAoE1s6fnoso1_500.gif

53 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Reich would be very good but I don’t think there is a chance in hell he comes here

Bb would bring accountability but it might take 20 million for him to stomach woody

Just now, Trotter said:

Reich would be very good but I don’t think there is a chance in hell he comes here

Bb would bring accountability but it might take 20 million for him to stomach woody

Maybe his old college buddy Boomer Esiason could convince him to come straighten this sh*t show out.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What's implied here isn't just that teams are balking at their asking price in terms of draft picks, but that they're even balking at paying Adams $1MM/game for the rest of this season & want the Raiders to eat some of it. 

Or at best it's one or the other: they eat a lot of his contract to get as high as a 2nd rounder (never mind more than that), or they take a lower pick if the new team eats the entirety of the rest of his $ for this season.

tumblr_mql716DAoE1s6fnoso1_500.gif

seems like a bargain though. assuming you're looking at it as a one year rental. the pick is the real cost.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Maybe his old college buddy Boomer Esiason could convince him to come straighten this sh*t show out.

I think it would be the opposite

boomer is not a fan of this org and I think would tell him to stay away