Hughes “ownership sets the budget” on potential Adams deal

2 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I was a big Thomas fan in the draft.  If we traded down into 15-20 area I was hoping for him.  He’s had a tremendous start to his career but Wilson still gets the nod for me based on longevity.

It's not that I don't like GW, but some like Asman calling him a top five receiver is preposterous. I agree with Chris Simms, Nabors and Thomas  had the most potential

of any receivers in the  draft. Thomas would have been my choice based on smarts,

character and taking the top off the defense. My choice  would come down to

the top receiver which is Thomas or a QB probably Nix. I never believed for one

moment that Rodgers was going to take us to the promise land

I mean, we keep hearing the same thing this season—Woody has pulled the purse strings and made this a do or die year for Saleh and Douglas. He’s not going to let them spend a bunch of future money to fix their mistakes, which makes some sense. Woody is a buffoon, but in this case his short-sightedness might come in handy for the next GM.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, we keep hearing the same thing this season—Woody has pulled the purse strings and made this a do or die year for Saleh and Douglas. He’s not going to let them spend a bunch of future money to fix their mistakes, which makes some sense. Woody is a buffoon, but in this case his short-sightedness might come in handy for the next GM.

I mean if they get Davante the need an AFCCG appearance or everyone is gone 

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I think they need Davante to make acquiring Rodgers look less foolish now. If Adams helps them convert another 10-15% of their third downs, the offense looks appreciably better, they score more points, and the Rodgers acquisition is justified. That said, Adams doesn’t fix the run game and Adams doesn’t keep Rodgers from getting run down four or five times per game. Ultimately, the season will end when Rodgers takes the one bad hit that he’s been flirting with all year. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think they need Davante to make acquiring Rodgers look less foolish now. If Adams helps them convert another 10-15% of their third downs, the offense looks appreciably better, they score more points, and the Rodgers acquisition is justified. That said, Adams doesn’t fix the run game and Adams doesn’t keep Rodgers from getting run down four or five times per game. Ultimately, the season will end when Rodgers takes the one bad hit that he’s been flirting with all year. 

Adams certainly can help the run game. The hit thing is true, everyone including Rodgers needs to prioritize avoiding hits, they are playing with fire the last two weeks. 

Imagine this ******* tete a tete with Yukon Cornelius bitching to Opie that Mr. Magoo won’t open the purse strings. I mean it’s Woody’s fault in the first place for hiring Douglas in the first place and spotting him five years with zero expectations but the Manish routine on top of the Reddick debacle is crazy. He’s going to go back and scout for the Ravens and never come close to another GM job.

• Haha 1

Right now Lazard seems to be the only guy who understands Rodgers.  Problem is he's not good at catching footballs.  I'm not sure Wilson or Mike Williams will ever figure out what Rodgers is expecting them to do.  At least Adams knows...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I mean it’s Woody’s fault in the first place for hiring Douglas in the first place

its Woodys fault that Rodgers is here. there is no way JD wanted Rodgers cause once he got here we went from just having to make the playoffs to we must get to the AFCCG at least. SB or Bust. all in..... 

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

and thats why we dont get him. we are already 2-3. JD knows the expectations get even higher if he makes this deal. if he keeps the team as is and can get to the divisional round that might be enough to save his job. maybe.

im not sure Adams makes a difference. WRs dont seem to be the problem. its the OL. we cant run or give Rodgers time to throw it.

42 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Imagine this ******* tete a tete with Yukon Cornelius bitching to Opie that Mr. Magoo won’t open the purse strings. I mean it’s Woody’s fault in the first place for hiring Douglas in the first place and spotting him five years with zero expectations but the Manish routine on top of the Reddick debacle is crazy. He’s going to go back and scout for the Ravens and never come close to another GM job.

Wasn’t the whole manish thing blown out of proportion 

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

This is Roger’s last season.   Devante isn’t sticking around without Roger’s.   He has already done this to two teams now.   He will request a trade again next year. 

I’m not so sure about that. I think Rodgers is coming back next year.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Right now Lazard seems to be the only guy who understands Rodgers.  Problem is he's not good at catching footballs.  I'm not sure Wilson or Mike Williams will ever figure out what Rodgers is expecting them to do.  At least Adams knows...

Yup, if the pass hits him in the hands, I have zero expectations of him catching it.

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

This is Roger’s last season.   Devante isn’t sticking around without Roger’s.   He has already done this to two teams now.   He will request a trade again next year. 

His contract essentially makes it a 1 year rental anyway. He won't need to request a trade, he'll be released.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Does it matter? The Jets can have prime Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson and this coaching staff will still be ******* clueless. 

I am 100% positive had we drafted Mahomes instead of Jamal Adams that year, he would be on a different team by now. 

This coaching staff is inept. They’re awful teachers. They do NOT coach. There’s zero leadership. 

This really just be an auto-reply everyone uses in every thread. It really is this simple.

We landed all the guys we wanted this off season and still suck. The one player away fallacy with an inept unimaginative coaching staff.  

Saleh deserves his flowers for this defense which despite some issues is playing winning football.  But he is the HC and has failed to field a competent offense in all his years. Has the groceries, can’t cook the dinner.

• Upvote 1