Sunday Games

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ll see. I just don’t think a 3 loss team after 6 weeks should be making a move like that.

On the other hand, i can’t think of a reason why the Steelers, Ravens or Chiefs shouldn’t.

We would also be a first place, 3-loss team.  With a GM who is likely on the hot seat if we don't get to the playoffs this year.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Lions are going to be the #1 seed in the NFC…

If they lose Hutch for the yr, if you are the Lions GM, are you on the phone to JD now?

They are legit SB contenders. I’m not familiar with their roster but losing Hutch is terrible for them and their D

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

We would also be a first place, 3-loss team.  With a GM who is likely on the hot seat if we don't get to the playoffs this year.

Yeah, I know the drill. If you believe in the “we’re all in, we’re a top 5 team” thing, sure why not.

One thing though. When was the last time a team with Devante Adams won more than 8 games? 2021?

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, I know the drill. If you believe in the “we’re all in, we’re a top 5 team” thing, sure why not.

One thing though. Has a team with Devante Adams won more than 8 games the past 3 seasons?

Not saying that I think it is what we should do , but it is what I expect.  If we beat Buffalo, we are going to go get Adams.  If Buffalo wins, they are gonna go get him. 

And if neither team gets him, just add it to the list of the number of times I have been wrong on a message board.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If they lose Hutch for the yr, if you are the Lions GM, are you on the phone to JD now?

They are legit SB contenders. I’m not familiar with their roster but losing Hutch is terrible for them and their D

3 way trade w Raiders/Adams/RedDick

24 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell have built an excellent team with great chemistry.  They won’t want a schmuck like Reddick anywhere near it…

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell have built an excellent team with great chemistry.  They won’t want a schmuck like Reddick anywhere near it…

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

No way do the Lions want Reddick.  No way.

Yes these are likely the case... but its ok to dream lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big L said:

Bigger question maybe…. why are there cops out in front of your house?

Here is the answer.

I live in a older neighborhood but not that bad of neighborhood......over the last number of years there has been a lot of renewal, older houses being flatted for new ones.  (I still have one of the older houses but a great big yard.)

However there is this one house about 3 houses down from me that is a total derelict sh*t show, no one has lived there for a number of years but for some reason whoever owns it has not sold it so it can be demo'd and renewed.   Every so often maybe once a year the cops seem to show up as some times someone tries to break in and live there.

Now the good news is the city finally instituted an extra tax on these type of houses to incentivize the owners to do something with them.  I'm hoping that crap place gets demos, its a freakin eye sore.

• Upvote 2

"Yes, Mr. Belichick, your terms as increased since our last conversation are now acceptable. We've booked the G7  to meet you and the 23 year old piece of meat at the Vineyard  to be in Dallas no later than 1AM. Please hold the line for Mr. Jones".  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Here is the answer.

I live in a older neighborhood but not that bad of neighborhood......over the last number of years there has been a lot of renewal, older houses being flatted for new ones.  (I still have one of the older houses but a great big yard.)

However there is this one house about 3 houses down from me that is a total derelict sh*t show, no one has lived there for a number of years but for some reason whoever owns it has not sold it so it can be demo'd and renewed.   Every so often maybe once a year the cops seem to show up as some times someone tries to break in and live there.

Now the good news is the city finally instituted an extra tax on these type of houses to incentivize the owners to do something with them.  I'm hoping that crap place gets demos, its a freakin eye sore.

This happened catty cornered from us. But for minimal  wind, would have taken down way more than 3 houses. Basic idea; owner died with neither a will nor relatives. NY courts assigned the deal to a scam office called "The Public Administrator" who did nothing but milk the estate for years. Dirt bags junkies squatted along with some "new neighbors" who didn't like their free accommodations at Floyd Bennett Field. Connected a mess of e bikes and one afternoon in August, e bike battery exploded and burned down the skell house and 2 other homes  of decent families. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

This happened catty cornered from us. But for minimal  wind, would have taken down way more than 3 houses. Basic idea; owner died with neither a will nor relatives. NY courts assigned the deal to a scam office called "The Public Administrator" who did nothing but milk the estate for years. Dirt bags junkies squatted along with some "new neighbors" who didn't like their free accommodations at Floyd Bennett Field. Connected a mess of e bikes and one afternoon in August, e bike battery exploded and burned down the skell house and 2 other homes  of decent families. 

To be honest I have just been waiting for someone to light that house near me for years.  I have no idea why the owner would not sell the land as house builders are always looking to buy these places and build new on them.  I think our city is essentially doubling the yearly taxes for these type of places which should get the thing sold and demo'd  At least I hope.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Dr Chao is a fraud. But that injury sucks for the Lions.