Thoughts on the offense

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

A few horrible penalties but I thought the offense looked a lot better tonight. 

going to be an interesting week if they try to pick up Adams. 

I wouldn’t waste our draft capital.  This coaching staff is not good enough.  The talent is overrated.  We are now in a hole that I don’t see how we get out of the way they are playing.   Run defense is putrid.  When backs can get at least 6 yards a carry against the team we don’t stand much of a chance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

][emoji6]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" name="BallinPB" userid="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]"] I wouldn’t waste our draft capital.  This coaching staff is not good enough.  The talent is overrated.  We are now in a hole that I don’t see how we get out of the way they are playing.   Run defense is putrid.  When backs can get at least [emoji6] yards a carry against the team we don’t stand much of a chance. 

What draft capital. I would rather not have a single draft pick for the next three years to watch a competent team

Sent from my iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]JetNation.com mobile app

Rogers played pretty well (he really has not been the problem for the Jets other than last week), and again I feel like our talent flashes,  but just like the rest of the season we simply can’t have all these miscues.   Good example on that last series is Tyron Smith whiffing on that block, or Tipman with the hold.  

On all of those plays, we have 10 players doing their job and then one guy screws up (usually a different player, so its never all on one guy).  Rinse/Repeat.  There is just no consistency, and they are backbreakers to any sense of rythme.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I wouldn’t waste our draft capital.  This coaching staff is not good enough.  The talent is overrated.  We are now in a hole that I don’t see how we get out of the way they are playing.   Run defense is putrid.  When backs can get at least 6 yards a carry against the team we don’t stand much of a chance. 

We have 2 new coaches. 

run defense is terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

Rogers played pretty well (he really has not been the problem for the Jets other than last week), and again I feel like our talent flashes,  but just like the rest of the season we simply can’t have all these miscues.   Good example on that last series is Tyron Smith whiffing on that block, or Tipman with the hold.  

On all of those plays, we have 10 players doing their job and then one guy screws up (usually a different player, so its never all on one guy).  Rinse/Repeat.  There is just no consistency, and they are backbreakers to any sense of rythme.

Smith has been very poor.  Washed up

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He’s not what he was but I thought the OL was mostly solid today. Besides the 3? sacks Rodgers had time and his stat line basically reflected that. 

At least 2 of them were definitely on him - he held it too long and froze 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

At least 2 of them were definitely on him - he held it too long and froze 

That’s gonna happen. I mentioned situational football before. On one sack it was third and long in that 50 yard area and Smith set up like it was gonna be a quick set and throw but Rodgers dropped back deep so Epenesa swiped at Smith who took a shallow set and went around him. I think Smith expected a quick throw since he thought it was 4 down territory but Rodgers tried to get it all on one play so he took the drop deeper.

OL has been disappointing but today they were better and the talent is there even if it’s not elite.

• Upvote 1

I was impressed by some of the play calls actually beating the other team’s tendencies and using them to free up Garrett Wilson and Breece. They used motions to trick the other team into over pursuing multiple times and were able to break runs and chunk plays as a result. Also I noticed a lot less panicky late play calls.

Good for 1 game, let’s see if they capitalize.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Without a miracle hail mary.. they scored 13 points. So I guess it's better, but we'll have to wait and see.

G5 dropped TD 

Allen phantom holding call

the offense was moving the ball

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah cooked QBs routinely make throws like this 

I mean, he isn't cooked as in he's a disaster. But he's just a league average QB who isn't special enough to get his team over the line in tight spots. 

And for the money and power he has, then he really should be the above. 

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah cooked QBs routinely make throws like this 

This is just Zach Wilson all over again where his defenders cherry pick plays and ignore the entire body of work.

Once again we have one of the worst offenses in the league. Rodgers has had the ball in his hands 3 weeks in a row for a game winning drive and failed.

It's 6 games in and he doesn't seem to be on the same page as 90% of the offensive players.

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is just Zach Wilson all over again where his defenders cherry pick plays and ignore the entire body of work.

Once again we have one of the worst offenses in the league. Rodgers has had the ball in his hands 3 weeks in a row for a game winning drive and failed.

It's 6 games in and he doesn't seem to be on the same page as 90% of the offensive players.

The ball in the end zone hit G5 in the numbers 

Walk in TD negated by LT holding 

Kicker missed 2 FGs

294 yards passing, 2 TDs, 0 Turnovers 

8.4 YPA

71% completions 

Yes, sounds just like Zach Wilson 

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The ball in the end zone hit G5 in the numbers 

Walk in TD negated by LT holding 

Kicker missed 2 FGs

294 yards passing, 2 TDs, 0 Turnovers 

8.4 YPA

71% completions 

Yes, sounds just like Zach Wilson 

No turnovers? Did you somehow miss the game ending interception? After his 3 picks last week?

More excuses. I didn't say he was Zach Wilson. I said your behaviour and others is just like the Wilson defenders.

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

No turnovers? Did you somehow miss the game ending interception? After his 3 picks last week?

More excuses. I didn't say he was Zach Wilson. I said your behaviour and others is just like the Wilson defenders.

My bad

forgot about the interception 

Blame Rodgers if you want and say whatever you want If it makes you feel better 

If you think this game was on him there’s no conversation to be had 

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

My bad

forgot about the interception 

Blame Rodgers if you want and say whatever you want If it makes you feel better 

If you think this game was on him there’s no conversation to be had 

Rodgers is currently ranked bottom 10 in the league for completion percentage, interceptions, yards per pass, QBR and passing rating btw.