Reddick Holdout Over

AbstraKt

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So , if I have an hourly job that I am scheduled for forty hours a week, and I only work 20 hours, but get paid for my scheduled 40 hours, who wins?

What does that have to do with the Reddick situation? 

The best Reddick can do is earn his original prorated salary provided he hits certain incentives that he is not guaranteed to achieve. This isn't hard to figure out. 

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Jets wanted Reddick for this year and didn't want to commit to a long term deal. They didn't even have an issue paying him more for this year but Reddick wanted an extension with guaranteed money. Jets got him in the field without extending him. Reddick didn't get anything he wanted. How anyone thinks Reddick did well here is beyond me. 

@Fantasy Island What did I write here that is incorrect? 

Per Cimini:

Reddick will report to the Jets on Monday morning. The two-time Pro Bowler will receive the remainder of his 2024 base salary -- approximately $9 million -- plus new incentives that will allow him to recoup the $12 million he lost in fines. By rule, a team can't waive offseason fines.

It will be interesting to see what these incentives are and how easy they will be to meet them.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Per Cimini:

Reddick will report to the Jets on Monday morning. The two-time Pro Bowler will receive the remainder of his 2024 base salary -- approximately $9 million -- plus new incentives that will allow him to recoup the $12 million he lost in fines. By rule, a team can't waive offseason fines.

It will be interesting to see what these incentives are and how easy they will be to meet them.

So the most money he can net this season is what he was originally set to make on a pro-rated basis and that's assuming he meets a bunch of new incentives. Huge victory for Reddick 😏

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Reddick getting paid same amount for 9 games as 17.  Reddick won

No he's not. First, the money is incentive based and 2nd, due to his own actions, he owes 12 mil in fines. So the best he can do, assuming he hits all the incentives, is make what he was originally set to make for playing the remainder of the season. Only fool would say he won.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

With all the money the Jets save from Reddick's holdout, they can go buy another trainers table for the  trainers room as that's where Hassaan will be spending most of his time.   Maybe Sarge can start a survey for everyone on what Riddick will injure first ?   Hammy, ankle, groin, ? 

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Per Cimini:

I’m assuming they are going to be easy to reach, and he’ll end up making 21 million  for 10 games

• WTF? 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

That's why I said everyone lost.

Clearly. Those celebrating this as some "win" for the Jets are arguing a paradox -- that we wrestled a good player to heel with tough financial negotiating tactics but that having him the first 7 weeks carried no value.

Both sides lost.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That was never his goal. He wanted a long term deal. I think everyone lost.

Reddick wanted more money in his bank account for 2024 and he desperately wanted a long term deal. 

Jets wanted him to play football on his original deal.

The Jets reportedly had offered him more money for 2024 and he turned it down because he wanted more years.

The biggest loser is Reddick and it isn't even close.

Just now, bicketybam said:

Reddick wanted more money in his bank account for 2024 and he desperately wanted a long term deal. 

Jets wanted him to play football on his original deal.

The Jets reportedly had offered him more money for 2024 and he turned it down because he wanted more years.

The biggest loser is Reddick and it isn't even close.

I'm sure that will be a bullet point on JD's CV next year if Jets miss the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Find me anyone that thinks the Jets have four losses because the didn't have Haason Reddick on the field. I'll be here waiting.

I mean Clemons is pretty terrible he didn’t secure the edge cost us the win last week against Allen. Reddick is a big upgrade 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Looks like woody stepped in and told JD enough is enough. 

So Woody got him to come in without changing the contract beyond "waiving" the fines?  Not sure why you don't understand that this is a complete cave-in by Reddick, and not at all by JD.    All the kudos for getting him here go to Rosenhaus, who had to alter Reddick's bizarre expectations and help him see the light.   

• Post of the Week 1