I like Joe D, but this stings

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I ‘ve gotta be honest, you people are exhausting and ridiculous. I’ve said this over and over since the draft… receiving nothing but stupid remarks and arguments from about 99% of you.

Now you all think you discovered the secrets of the universe as you finally catch up.

Unreal.

Remember when I started a thread about having to rely on the 23 class because they won’t get anything out of this class this year and everyone lost their collective minds? 

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas does 50% of the things to be a good gm very well.  he is totally atrocious in the other 50% thus you have the jets a 7 win team.

I have no big issue with the Fashanu pick but the corley pick is a disaster so far.   I still think he will be good at some point but not with the current coaches and aaron rodgers.

You're being about 45% too generous at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I ‘ve gotta be honest, you people are exhausting and ridiculous. I’ve said this over and over since the draft… receiving nothing but stupid remarks and arguments from about 99% of you.

Now you all think you discovered the secrets of the universe as you finally catch up.

Unreal.

18 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Remember when I started a thread about having to rely on the 23 class because they won’t get anything out of this class this year and everyone lost their collective minds? 

I'd pay good money to watch you two debate "more taste" or "less filling."

• Haha 1

Without that one draft he’s a horrible gm, and that draft is looking spotty 
- JJ Achilles career in question 
- sauce most overrated player in nfl
- G5 mental midget
- breece lost a step at 23 
- Ruckert … lol 
The thing is. ... I'm certain the real issue was the lack of a legit coaching/training staff.

So if that holds true .. hate to say it JD might get a pass.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

The thing is. ... I'm certain the real issue was the lack of a legit coaching/training staff.

So if that holds true .. hate to say it JD might get a pass.

HA

His a** is grass bro.

Once woody told the world he’s firing Saleh JD died that very moment 

HA
His a** is grass bro.

Once woody told the world he’s firing Saleh JD died that very moment 
Yeah .. the ominous silence leads me to believe he is sleeping with the fishes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

6 years of absolute abysmal failure as a GM and there’s still a relatively significant portion of this board sticking up for JD ….its truly mystifying to me …I have no words for it . The guy is and has been a disaster. 

I know you guys are probably right because this team is an absolute mess right now….but I still like this roster on paper.  I was fired up for almost all the moves, AR, Mike Williams, Tyrone, Moses, Olu - like this team SHOULD work.

They were picked as a Super Bowl contender by a lot legitimate people and for good reason. And it all just went to sh*t as it always does.

40 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Remember when you @‘ed me to puff out your chest about Rodgers going “GOAT mode” against the Pats and since then he’s thrown 5 TDs and 6 INTs and the team is 0-4

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

For us Jets fans, ♫♪♪ the future is alwwwwaays a season away ♫♪♪

annie GIF

I remember looking at the roster in 2019 and outside of Darnold(!) it felt absolutely hopeless,  I knew we were in a for a 3-4 years of crap. 

i’m starting to feel the same way about this win now team that isn’t winning. This rebuild isn’t going to have a soft landing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I Love You GIF by Sesame Street

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when you @‘ed me to puff out your chest about Rodgers going “GOAT mode” against the Pats and since then he’s thrown 5 TDs and 6 INTs and the team is 0-4

To be fair to JiF, he can't be accused of false advertising... that's what all self-proclaimed oracles, prophets and soothsayers do... spray out predictions, reinforce the hits and quickly move on from the misses.

• En Fuego 1

JD’s results at trying to build the O line through the draft speaks for itself.. And i will forever wonder “what if” for my preferred plan of trading the #2 overall pick, keeping Darnold and getting a veteran to play QB while Darnold sat until he matured and won the job.

2 hours ago, Jolot said:

6 years of absolute abysmal failure as a GM and there’s still a relatively significant portion of this board sticking up for JD ….its truly mystifying to me …I have no words for it . The guy is and has been a disaster. 

It's a disaster sure, but how much is on him?  The plan seems generally solid.  Who is it that forced them to go after Rodgers?  That dictated the Hackett hire and the lost season in 2023.  Based on what is going on now, it is fairly easy to try to lay that off on Woody.  I don't have a huge problem with the Corley pick, but I don't know why they thought that Rodgers would use him.  He won't even throw to Mike Williams.