STH's: Don't forget your 2025 1st payment is due next week.

Dcat

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ugh, that's gross.  Shame on the Jets.

Weren't the best of the best PSL's like 25K?

I owned season tickets in the old Meadowlands for 1 year in the Mezzanine level like 40 yard line.  Great view.  No PSLs. 

It was the year we beat Brady and the Patriots at home and iirc Rex called 😅 and left a voice mail saying he needed fans to show up and get loud.

I think coaches club was 50k

majoruty of lower bowl was between 5-15 k

mezz clubs I believe higher

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Serious question:

What happens if you own a PSL but don't want to renew your season tickets?

You just retain the PSL and the seat goes vacant?

Serious answer to your serious question:   You lose your PSL if you don't renew your season tickets.

I have a good friend who has 2 club seats around the 50 yard line, (2 PSL's).   He is contemplating selling his PSL's, but probably won't.

If he sells his PSL's, he won't get nearly what he paid for them.  If he renews, he must spend a lot of money on season tickets for next year, to see a pathetic Jets team.  

There is an emotional tie to keeping these PSL's, since he has been going to games with his son for many years, and to give them up sucks.

To me, it really comes down to how good your seats are.  If you don't have great seats, I think it is easier to give up the PSL's, since you won't get much for them if you try to sell them, and the seats are easier to get on the open market.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alka said:

Serious answer to your serious question:   You lose your PSL if you don't renew your season tickets.

I have a good friend who has 2 club seats around the 50 yard line, (2 PSL's).   He is contemplating selling his PSL's, but probably won't.

If he sells his PSL's, he won't get nearly what he paid for them.  If he renews, he must spend a lot of money on season tickets for next year, to see a pathetic Jets team.  

There is an emotional tie to keeping these PSL's, since he has been going to games with his son for many years, and to give them up sucks.

To me, it really comes down to how good your seats are.  If you don't have great seats, I think it is easier to give up the PSL's, since you won't get much for them if you try to sell them, and the seats are easier to get on the open market.

^ Exactly.  You hit the nail right on the head.  I've been taking my son since he was 8.  He is now 34.  We don't go to every game, but we go.  But... it's just as easy to buy tix off the resale market as it is to get them from the Jets.  And when they suck (like almost always) the prices are a lot cheaper on the resale market.

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The sad part is a lot of folks use going to the games as family time

maybe spending with their dad or kids

friendships built over years and years

guy that sits in front of me would bring his dad when he felt ok and would tell me it made his dads day and simply did not know how much longer he had

sadly he passed a few years ago

it is easy to say walk away and I consider it every year but the I make the decision that the memories I get from the family and friendship time is worth more to me than the money

jets, woody and the whole org sucks and will continue to do so

It simply becomes a personal decision to continue

No one is saying don’t go to the games still.  Just don’t be a STH.  It’s not worth it to sit in a “familiar section/seat” when lots of those same folks around you won’t be re-upping anyways.  

Just get individual tickets near where you like to sit on the secondary market.  They’ll be cheap, lol.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

guy that sits in front of me would bring his dad when he felt ok and would tell me it made his dads day and simply did not know how much longer he had

it is easy to say walk away and I consider it every year but the I make the decision that the memories I get from the family and friendship time is worth more to me than the money

I respect what you are saying more than you know.  My dad had season tickets with the Jets on the 35 yard line, and we had great memories together. We went to the AFC Championship game when the Jets played the Raiders in 1969, when I was 10 years old. We also had Mets season tickets behind first base, 2 rows from the field.  The times I spent with my dad at games was priceless.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^ Exactly.  You hit the nail right on the head.  I've been taking my son since he was 8.  He is now 34.  We don't go to every game, but we go.  But... it's just as easy to buy tix off the resale market as it is to get them from the Jets.  And when they suck (like almost always) the prices are a lot cheaper on the resale market.

I will be at the Jets/Seahawks game on December 1st with my soon to be 32 year old son.  Maybe we should get together and hang out before the game in the parking lot?  

Just now, Alka said:

I will be at the Jets/Seahawks game on December 1st with my soon to be 32 year old son.  Maybe we should get together and hang out before the game in the parking lot?  

I've got those listed for sale.  But if for some reason I change my mind and attend, I will let you know.  As of now, my intention is to have Halloween as my last game.  We have a friend coming up from the Houston suburbs staying with us.  

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

I respect what you are saying more than you know.  My dad had season tickets with the Jets on the 35 yard line, and we had great memories together. We went to the AFC Championship game when the Jets played the Raiders in 1969, when I was 10 years old. We also had Mets season tickets behind first base, 2 rows from the field.  The times I spent with my dad at games was priceless.

Similiar story but we never had season tickets - dad worked two jobs and weekends

when I was able to get tickets when the new stadium opened I did it so I could take my son and the pass them to him for his family

if it was simply me I prob walk away and consider the psl list money

i keep them so my son can now take his family for as long as this stadium exists

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dcat said:

I've got those listed for sale.  But if for some reason I change my mind and attend, I will let you know.  As of now, my intention is to have Halloween as my last game.  We have a friend coming up from the Houston suburbs staying with us.  

OK.  Sounds good.  Let me know if you change your mind.

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I feel this. I do.

I sat next to my father from Shea to MetLife. First just us for decades, then with my kids. three generations.

But for the better part of the last 10 years we continued the tradition - just in a living room.

It's been much better going to a game or two and watching the games on TV. Certainly more affordable.

My kids are now out of college. They were small children the last time the Jets were in the playoffs. This team has given them nothing.

But the real shame of this season is that I'm running out of football Sundays with father, and the odds of us ever watching the Jets in the SuperBowl together are about zero now.

• Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Similiar story but we never had season tickets - dad worked two jobs and weekends

when I was able to get tickets when the new stadium opened I did it so I could take my son and the pass them to him for his family

if it was simply me I prob walk away and consider the psl list money

i keep them so my son can now take his family for as long as this stadium exists

That's wonderful!  I wished I could have kept the Mets tickets, but they were ultra expensive, and the Mets had many lean years, when the Wilpons owned the team. My seats were so good, that I remember when Donald Trump and the very hot Marla Maples showed up and sat like 3 seats away from me.  Donald was in his suit on a hot day.  He got so much attention that they had to move him to another area.  Even back then, Trump drew crowds.  And another time, when the Mets were in the 1969 World Series, future Hall of Famer Ernie Banks sat in the seats directly next to mine.  I got him to sign my program, and still have that program encased in plastic today.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude you have no idea, I am at that point.

Hello dark side, please start preparing your Power Point.

Does a 0% chance I'll ever miss a home game. I just have to go, it's in my DNA I've done it every week since I'm 18 years old. 

The season ticket holder experience, paying PSL fees and being the highest priced paying person in my section... That part I am rethinking. 

I can get seats on the secondary market for far less. 

JetNation group outings, I am happy to still do tailgates with everyone. But me buying group tickets, that is a thing of the past.

Bought 200 tickets this year and if life went normally and I sold them over the summer I would have made all my money back. 

Life had other plans, Lauren was in the hospital and I lost thousands. 

Not doing it anymore.

I'll always be there, I'll never give up. But Woody runs the Jets like a business, so I'm going to do the same thing with my Jets tickets.

Max,

Just over a week to go before 🇺🇸finally have something to cheer about again. Waited too long for this day to come. On November 10, Yellowstone season 5 part2 is back ! Ha

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

I'm willing to not show up if you compensate me for the cost of the tickets.  This way we can share in the protest.  Thanks in advance.

you still have season tickets? 

Do you think woody spent sth money on that stupid chain?

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude you have no idea, I am at that point.

Hello dark side, please start preparing your Power Point.

Does a 0% chance I'll ever miss a home game. I just have to go, it's in my DNA I've done it every week since I'm 18 years old. 

The season ticket holder experience, paying PSL fees and being the highest priced paying person in my section... That part I am rethinking. 

I can get seats on the secondary market for far less. 

JetNation group outings, I am happy to still do tailgates with everyone. But me buying group tickets, that is a thing of the past.

Bought 200 tickets this year and if life went normally and I sold them over the summer I would have made all my money back. 

Life had other plans, Lauren was in the hospital and I lost thousands. 

Not doing it anymore.

I'll always be there, I'll never give up. But Woody runs the Jets like a business, so I'm going to do the same thing with my Jets tickets.

I am celebrating(?) 40 years of season tickets this year.  I haven't gone to many games the past few years due to a a lousy product on the field and getting fed up with fighting traffic in both directions.  I now either give the tickets away to family/friends or sell them and of course, as usual the bottom has fallen out of the market.  I am so disgusted with this $hit show that I am finally out after all these years.  Eff you Woody!  

• Post of the Week 2

I was looking at this game as well... but after 2-6, I can't justify spending a dime on anything jets related...I watch the game with my son each week... just can't see going to the game and leaving disappointed after a loss...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

PSL owners all signed the contract allowing it.  They can revoke your PSL at will if you don't pay.

But they wait until the last minute.  They don't want to have to replace you so they nag you all spring to re-up.  Finally, after April, they look to sell your seats and still try to get you back in the fold.     STH with cheap PSLs (such as @SAR I with his endzone/corner seats) abandon them frequently.  In fact, the Jets eliminated PSLs for all future sales in the Mezzanine endzone.  SO basically, all the Mezz endzone PSLs were rendered worthless.  It's the expensive PSLs... $10K and up that are stuck.

I paid a $4k PSL for each of my Mezz A seats.  There was no expectation of getting that back despite being investment gold (or so I was told).  I am done, Woody can jam my PSL's up his bunghole.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I am celebrating(?) 40 years of season tickets this year.  I haven't gone to many games the past few years due to a a lousy product on the field and getting fed up with fighting traffic in both directions.  I now either give the tickets away to family/friends or sell them and of course, as usual the bottom has fallen out of the market.  I am so disgusted with this $hit show that I am finally out after all these years.  Eff you Woody!  

There hasn’t been a home playoff game since 2002 Indy. That’s 23 years of woodys leadership while consistently raising ticket prices. The main reason for having ST back in the day was first dibs on playoff tix. When woody took over I stopped getting my playoff ticket deposit back (see Mr. Hess) and the douche held onto my money, while making interest on everybody’s. Started making me pay for pre-season tix. He’s a douche. I had them from 1978-2007 and said blow me to the psls. They were $8.00 a ticket in 1978 lol

I remember all the Rutgers season ticket holders were fed up a few years back and were not renewing and Rutgers dropped their pants and hired schiano and begged them to renew lmao so maybe you jumping ship will tip the balance. Woody always spoke highly of you at the old JN tailgates

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BP said:

There hasn’t been a home playoff game since 2002 Indy. That’s 23 years of woodys leadership while consistently raising ticket prices. The main reason for having ST back in the day was first dibs on playoff tix. When woody took over I stopped getting my playoff ticket deposit back (see Mr. Hess) and the douche held onto my money, while making interest on everybody’s. Started making me pay for pre-season tix. He’s a douche. I had them from 1978-2007 and said blow me to the psls. They were $8.00 a ticket in 1978 lol

I remember all the Rutgers season ticket holders were fed up a few years back and were not renewing and Rutgers dropped their pants and hired schiano and begged them to renew lmao so maybe you jumping ship will tip the balance. Woody always spoke highly of you at the old JN tailgates

Jets fans are like abused wives.  We get smacked around and treated like crap and when we threaten to leave we get lots of empty promises about how they will change and things are going to be different from this point on and we believe it.  Ultimately we go back to getting smacked around with price increases, lousy management and lousy teams just as it has always been.  Ultimately the abused party goes ape $hit and burns the place down.  I'm at that point.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

I'm willing to not show up if you compensate me for the cost of the tickets.  This way we can share in the protest.  Thanks in advance.

Sell them for whatever you can get.

It's better than having to spend more time and money driving down there, paying for concessions, waiting in line to piss, and sitting through another 3 hr comedy of failure, no?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

star wars hate GIF

I realize now that Joe Douglas never wanted the Jets job.

Christopher made him an offer he couldn't refuse, as little bro was desperate to try and salvage his Gase hire, so he went above and beyond.

Made Douglas and offer he couldn't refuse with obscene money for an unproven GM, and now here we are.

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can you claim PSL declining value as a capital loss come tax time?

@SAR Iclaimed PSL's were investment gold, so if you go with that you can claim a 100% loss when it is revoked for non-renewal.  The IRS on the other hand............   Maybe I can slip it in to my return next to my worthless weed stocks.

• Haha 2

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I beg all of you who have season tickets to cancel them. Spend your hard-earned money on yourself, your family, your girlfriends and/ or all of the above.

The Jets just don't deserve fans who actually buy into this team. You want to go to a game, go on stub-hub

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green DNA said:

@SAR Iclaimed PSL's were investment gold, so if you go with that you can claim a 100% loss when it is revoked for non-renewal.  The IRS on the other hand............   Maybe I can slip it in to my return next to my worthless weed stocks.

I would think you first have to actually sell them and then you could claim cap loss. But just like most investments, losses/gains not taxed until sold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Club seats are currently going for 129 on the secondary market.  Depending on the section,  your friend paid well north of 300 a ticket plus PSL. If he had no intention on entertaining clients or using them it just doesn't pay to try to flip them as you are guaranteed to lose money. This year you could of made money on 3 of the 10 home games, that's it. 7 games will be a  lose, with 2 preseason games being a huge lose.  Just not worth it. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I realize now that Joe Douglas never wanted the Jets job.

Christopher made him an offer he couldn't refuse, as little bro was desperate to try and salvage his Gase hire, so he went above and beyond.

Made Douglas and offer he couldn't refuse with obscene money for an unproven GM, and now here we are.

JD can now retire and spend the rest of his days sipping white claws in his above ground swimming pool in south Jersey 

when i was a kid the thought of season tickets was a dream. They were a luxury, something those fortunate enough financially to afford could enjoy. Now comes 2010 and I find myself in a spot where A season tickets are avail and B with some other sacrifices I can swing.

I'm not sure the above is not unique and in fact would say prob applies to most. 

Speaking only for me I enjoy the ability to sit in the same seats in the location that works for me, be amongst the same guys for 13 years now in the new stadium and be tailgate near others who have become friends.

It is a shame that we have to come to discussions around giving up something we worked hard for whether ourselves or to hand to our children as a means of sending a message to Woody and the rest of his clan.

Selfishly I do not want to give up those enjoyments to send a message which is not going to be effective anyway. 

So I absorb the increases put up with the horrible product and take losses on a frequent basis when I can't attend.

Stupid - maybe - and perhaps someday that will change but for right now - there has to be hope - right?

Hello darkness my old friend.

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Serious question:

What happens if you own a PSL but don't want to renew your season tickets?

You just retain the PSL and the seat goes vacant?

I can answer this as I did it-I walked away from 4 paid off high end psls(they had no value nobody wanted them and I could not even give the rights away)

you lose the rights the seats-they also tell you  that you can never buy season tickets again( but they have called me a TON of times)trying to get me back in-it  will snow in hell before I do

I have gone on vacations and bought a jet ski with my ticket money-best move I ever made

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Is that legal?

Wouldn't they need to refund you for the cost of the PSL?

yeah right lol

in the fine print there are all sorts of disclaimers-what I often wondered is what if woody sold or packed up and moved-what happens then