What GM/HC combo with options will ever come here?

4 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Nobody is coming to this mess but if I'd have to choose it'd be Rex 😉

I'd fire EVERYONE on the staff TONIGHT.  Everyone.  I'd hire Gruden immediately to be overall president and be the GM/HC until he can hire get a GM. I'd then hire Rex to be the DC.  Give him an offer he cant refuse.  Build it from there. Get ex-Jets from teh fold and build some tradition into this god forsaken franchise. Hire Mangold as OL couch.  Get Mike Westhoff back as Special Teams coach.  Bart Scott as LB coach, Chad as QB coach, Klecko as DL coach, Curtis Matrin as RB coach, reach out to your former great Jets players and see if they're interested in coaching  etc etc.  Could they do possibly any worse?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The Jets can just apply their roster strategy to the front office hiring.

Find guys who were previously successful, but have since fizzled out and now are just looking for their last big payday that no one else would ever give them, before they call it a career.

(door flies open)

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

McCloughan has a decent record as GM.  He also is available because he’s an alcoholic which is probably a requirement in order to deal with Woody Johnson

You make a fair point, as despite having never met the guy, Woody definitely drives me to drink.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

His offense has not been good since the first half of last season and they have they have the same number of wins as the Jets which is a firable offense.

Tuas back. thats going to change. looked pretty good today

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

Tuas back. thats going to change. looked pretty good today

before today's game, Tua's offense was struggling to score last season and the first 2 games this season. Prior to going out this season their offense, with Tua, scored:

The last time their offense looked good.. against the Jets last year.

5 hours ago, Corn said:

Not really seeing great options out there at head coach probably  Detroit not coming.

I don't think belichick wants Woody or Woody wants Belichick .

I have kind of joked about Prime Time but to tell you the truth he would be much better.

Inspirational and I think he has some discipline.

At this point why not 

• Upvote 1

GM candidates:

Ray Agnew - Assistant GM Detroit Lions 2021 to present he was also a personnel guy for the Rams 2017-2020

Marty Barrett - Senor personnel guy Rams

Thomas Dimitroff - Former gm of the Falcons and scouted for the pats

Mike Borgonzi - Assistant GM of the chiefs

Coaches?

Some of the usuals:

Ben Johnson

Joe Brady

Todd Monken

Clint Kubiak

Bobby Slowick

We MUST get a present day offensively innovating coach.

It’s darker now than even the first Gase years because we have to do a painful tear down before the next rebuild.  We’re at the start of another 3-5 years best case before another window opens.  I don’t think I have it in me.

Thank God the Knicks are good again finally, not the same but I was into them in the 90’s.  Gonna milk that. 

55 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Woody is going to hire Mike McCarthy after Jerry cans him, banking on his familiarity with Rodgers to save this embarrassing experiment 

🤡🤡🤡🤡😂😂😂

Rodgers and McCarthy don't like each other so that should save Woody from himself.

Can they trade some of these guys for decent draft picks?  If Woody agrees to stay out of things and the team is loaded with draft picks than someone may want to come.  Otherwise this isn’t an ideal destination.  Don’t forget there isn’t a third round pick the next two seasons thanks to Hassan Reddick and Davante Adams.