Rich Cimini Chat Transcript

Maxman

Rich Cimini has agreed to join us for another chat. We have scheduled it for Wed 6/21 at 8pm. This is the week after the veteran minicamp (which is open to reporters). So it looks like we might finally have some Jets news to discuss!

As always our chats are FREE to all registered members. You can find the chat room link under JN Features.

Thank You to Rich Cimini. He has been kind to JetNation. And he has been very generous with his time. We really appreciate it. To read all the past JN Chats click on this link: http://www.jetnation.com/?cat=23

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Max, any chance i can get you or one of the mods to PM me a reminder when this gets close. I would really like to be at the chat when it takes place. I think it would be kind of cool to see you guys asking questions etc. Plus it would help my slow progression as a newbie Jets fan. lol

Hey Max, any chance i can get you or one of the mods to PM me a reminder when this gets close. I would really like to be at the chat when it takes place. I think it would be kind of cool to see you guys asking questions etc. Plus it would help my slow progression as a newbie Jets fan. lol

I will personally remind you.

"JetNation.com, the site that cares"

R44 has agreed to host this chat for us as well! It will be cool to get some actual Jets information. Camp Mangini man getting info from them is rough.

At least give us fake info Mangini. Give us something!

R44 has agreed to host this chat for us as well! It will be cool to get some actual Jets information. Camp Mangini man getting info from them is rough.

Awesome!! R44 always does a great job. Great job Max!!

You think its tough getting something out of Mangini? When asked by

a reporter if he was ready for the mini-camp he replied "What Mini-camp".

[RichCimini] 9:03 pm: Gotta run, folks. Great questions, as usual. You fans are great, This is still the best Jets website.

:eek:

You don't think he will be mad that I typed that for him do you? LOL, no he actually did say that. I was hoping for 2nd best. Being the best is so much work (or so I hear). :P

Tx...you have to love that transcript:

1. He said that Pennington will start and made a comment about him looking terrible (always) in practice.

2. He also said Nugent was a reach who does not have a strong leg and won't make 50 yarders.

3. I think there was a DROB comment in there that you would like as well.

4. And and he predicted a 6 and 10 record for the Jets.

Sounds a lot like Patfantx chat night at JetNation!

You don't think he will be mad that I typed that for him do you? LOL, no he actually did say that. I was hoping for 2nd best. Being the best is so much work (or so I hear). :P

Tx...you have to love that transcript:

1. He said that Pennington will start and made a comment about him looking terrible (always) in practice.

2. He also said Nugent was a reach who does not have a strong leg and won't make 50 yarders.

3. I think there was a DROB comment in there that you would like as well.

4. And and he predicted a 6 and 10 record for the Jets.

Sounds a lot like Patfantx chat night at JetNation!

Yep, the transcript was a very good read.

His comment about DFat was not "fitting in" with the new defensive scheme.

How come you guys didn't jump all over Cimini when he made all those comments?

Hell, I get bashed daily from Jet fans when I say the exact same things.:eek:

As someone that doesn't really care for you, I can tell you why. Because you are an idiot when it comes to your statements. Like most fans are. You don't back up anything you say with fact. You just say oh that guy sucks, or he's fat, or he's stupid. It's not your fault really. That's how most fans are. I have a very good friend and he loves the Redsox and Pats. He's been over my house plenty of times and watched games. However, he doesn't make idiotic statements. I know he hates the Yanks and the Jets, but he recognizes when his team plays poorly and can say hey the Jets had a nice game last night. That is the difference.

I couldn't make the chat tonight as I was watching the Mets game, but I have just read the transcript.

I want to thank Rich for taking the time to do these chats for JN. As I live across the pond I hear almost no Jets news at this time of year, so these chats are just about the only way I can keep track of what is happening during the offseason. There is some very interesting information there and it is much appreciated.

Thanks for posting the transcript, max ... excellent chat ... and thanks to Rich Cimini if he reads this

BTW, I think you nailed it towards the end of that chat, max .. when discussing if the future looks bright, I believe you hit the bullseye .. Kellen Clemens is the key .. if the Jets hit the Jackpot with Clemens {and I loved that pick}, the future definitely looks bright {as is always the case if you snag a young franchise QB}.. but if that pick doesn't pan out, it can set this organization back in a big way

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE QB, and this is no exception

Thanks for posting the transcript, max ... excellent chat ... and thanks to Rich Cimini if he reads this

BTW, I think you nailed it towards the end of that chat, max .. when discussing if the future looks bright, I believe you hit the bullseye .. Kellen Clemens is the key .. if the Jets hit the Jackpot with Clemens {and I loved that pick}, the future definitely looks bright {as is always the case if you snag a young franchise QB}.. but if that pick doesn't pan out, it can set this organization back in a big way

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE QB, and this is no exception

Thanks Ham. I do think they had a good offseason, I was curious what he would say. But think about it this way. If they landed a 35 year old head coach who is talented and a starting QB in Round 2, while cleaning themselves up against the cap...well that is a pretty good offseason.

Now if the coach and the QB don't work out...well then history won't be as kind.

Sorry, but I got into the chat room when it was practically over...one thing I came away with from reading the transcript. From Cimini's comments, the Jets might be worse off than even I thought. He wasn't positive on many issues...damn, it's going to be a long season.:Cuss:

Sorry, but I got into the chat room when it was practically over...one thing I came away with from reading the transcript. From Cimini's comments, the Jets might be worse off than even I thought. He wasn't positive on many issues...damn, it's going to be a long season.:Cuss:

Rich always says the Jets are in bad shape. And I swear...one of these times he is going to be wrong!

:P

Great job again by Rich- R44 as moderator and all out jetnation posters

I like the fact Rich is honest and blunt- does not sugar coat his opinions on players or his opinion on the best jets website- jetnation

No offense, but that chat was awful. It's noone's fault here at JN. It's just that cimini seemed to be unprepared and did not have much information. Guys, keep in mind Rich Cimini is a journalist, not a football scout. I wouldn't take his evaluations with much seriousness.

Aec keep in mind that the Jets have only allowed the media one weekend to see what was going on. Much has been kept in house for once. Once camp starts alot more becomes available. I think Rich did fine and also think Randy Lange gave a lot of insight with the last chat he had. It is the offseason bro

As someone that doesn't really care for you, I can tell you why. Because you are an idiot when it comes to your statements. Like most fans are. You don't back up anything you say with fact.

Hey dewbag, why don't you provide some specific examples.

FACT: Jets haven't played in the Super Bowl for 37 years.

FACT: PennyBoyWonder is 3-13 against top 10 defensive teams.

FACT: The Jets gave up two 1sts and a 4th for a player who never made the Pro Bowl

FACT: The Jets haven't beaten the Patriots in 3 years.

FACT: The Jets have only won 2 AFCE titles since the merger.

Archived