I think this team

Maxman

can make the playoffs. There I said it.

They are not the most talented team. There are holes. There are positions that need to be improved. The answers at these positions are not on the roster right now.

But I think this team could make the playoffs. You know what? That isn't even the important part. Because they are building this thing for the long haul.

I have a few concerns about the coaching staff:

-I hope they don't burn this team out physically, like the Joe Walton days. Working them hard in camp is great. I fear the youth on this staff will mean they don't know when enough is enough. Hopefully a Jimmy Raye can led some wisdom in this regard. The players are going to complain and the coaching staff won't listen (rightfully so). But at some point they have to keep them fresh for Decemember (3 of the last 5 games are on the road). In year one with the goal being setting a new tone, I think it will be hard for the staff to keep track of the pulse.

-Mangini. This is not a joke - so please don't take this statement as being disrespectful or me trying to be funny. He is giving 1000% to this team, we all know this and love him for it. But he has to know that there is a balance because he looks like he gained about 80 pounds since he got hired. Maybe I am wrong - but we don't need a Dick Vermeil situation here. A brilliant football mind that burns himself out.

There are other concerns, they have all been well documented. And the fact remains, this team needs more talent. But when I see how hard they are all working. And I look at the schedule I feel confident that this is not a 4 and 12 team. They can make the playoffs. I think this will be a fun season especially because the goal is no longer just trying to make the playoffs. The goal is something much larger, which is pretty cool.

optimisticly, sure if the stars line up just right we can make the playoffs. realistically, I don't see us winning a lot of games. I'm not even jazzed up about the season. I am looking for improvement as a team, few coaching mistakes & a positive movement in the right direction. I wanna take some positives away from each game, even in a loss

optimisticly, sure if the stars line up just right we can make the playoffs. realistically, I don't see us winning a lot of games. I'm not even jazzed up about the season. I am looking for improvement as a team, few coaching mistakes & a positive movement in the right direction. I wanna take some positives away from each game, even in a loss

I disagree, I am jazzed for this season. Much like Parcells first year. This team has more talent than that one did but Parcells almost made the playoffs with them.

It can happen.

The playoffs are a longshot. Being competitive in almost every game and stealing 1 or 2 gets them to 8-9 wins. But that's about as good as it gets. That would still be a great improvement, and a you have to walk before you run.

Every fan of every team has high hopes this time of year and Jet fans are no different. Go to the San Fransciso 49er forum site and I'm sure their fans are opptimistic with training camp as well.

Hey, I would happy as a pig in **** if we somehow made the playoffs this year, but realistically, I just don't see it happening with all the question marks from the HC on down.

Too many breaks have to come our way.

I'm liking what I'm reading about how Mangini is running things.Hey,if the older vets can't handle the regimen as well as the younger guys can then I want the youth movement to start immediately.I also think this could be a year similar to 2004 when all three teams (and maybe even Buffalo) are all bunched up a game apart going into December and the team that has a little bit of luck,or the one that makes that game winning FG (like Vinietri always did BEFORE he was dumped) has a chance to go to the playoffs.I think it could be us-why not?

I'm going on record saying 9-7.Hey remember NE was a possible .500 team last year if it weren't for two unbelievable last second kicks to win game-one a 48 yarder with a second left

I think 8 wins is not out of the question. Without as many mistakes on both sides of the ball and the sidelines - winning a couple more we weren't supposed to isn't in the miracle catagory.

Although we are real short on stud calibre talent - good coaching will bring good athletes to levels of excellence they wouldn't have reached otherwise. Early indications suggest we may have good coaching. Can't wait to see what the results look like.

Guys this is my point and many have of you have already agreed with it...

There is not a lot of difference between the 7 and 9 teams and the 9 and 7 teams. Good luck? Discipline? I don't think we are looking at a 3 and 13 campaign. It will be an interesting year. They won't be terrible like everyone is predicting.

if "making it to the playoffs" mean scoring sweet tix of stubhub.com then the jets will make the playoffs. let's be realistic, where there are no expectations there are no disappointments. that's the outlook this season.

I like how you put it. I'm in my 46th year of being a Jet fan and I

came to the conclusion many many years ago not to get my expectations

up too high each season.

Every fan of every team has high hopes this time of year and Jet fans are no different. Go to the San Fransciso 49er forum site and I'm sure their fans are opptimistic with training camp as well.

Hey, I would happy as a pig in **** if we somehow made the playoffs this year, but realistically, I just don't see it happening with all the question marks from the HC on down.

Too many breaks have to come our way.

Actually,i don't believe that at all.All this jet team need to do is find a reliable QB who can get the Job done on a consistant basis,and have Mangini's defense be as decent as the one fielded by Cottrell in Herm's 1st year.The Jets are far more Talented than Fans and Media want to admit.Being inexperience has nothing to do with being talented.

Actually,i don't believe that at all.All this jet team need to do is find a reliable QB who can get the Job done on a consistant basis,and have Mangini's defense be as decent as the one fielded by Cottrell in Herm's 1st year.The Jets are far more Talented than Fans and Media want to admit.Being inexperience has nothing to do with being talented.

Somebody write down the date & time. I agree with Tinstar on something. :cheers:

Jets will be 11-5 and shock the world:

Ramsey will start us out to a 2-2 start and then get injured trying to set an NFL record currently held by David Carr for the longest time a QB has ever held the football & stay in the pocket.

Clemens will come in with the lead in hand and finish off the Jaguars & go 8-3 in his starts.

No Jet RB for the year will end up with 170 carries. Blaylock will be the lead carrier with 166.

Anthony Schlegel will start at ILB every game we open with a 3-4.

Justin Miller will take over for David Barrett mid-way through week 4 as Peyton Manning humiliates him & ruins an otherwise perfect gameplan to contain him.

The playoff picutre is a bit hazy so far, but it'll come to me after I eat this last cap.

Archived