John Hall

SeniorFlaJet

All of Hall's kicks were shakey tonight from 27, 27 & 22 but at least he hit em'. The 48 yarder to tie the game sailed wide left and I thought for sure he would've hit it cause when Hall's in clutch situations it always brings me back to the season finale in 01 when he hit the 53 yarder in Oakland to send us to the playoffs.

Sucks for Hall & Sucks for the Skins.

The Philadelphia Eagles are 1-0, the rest of the NFC East is 0-1.

The Jets have to, have to, have to, see Nugent throuigh this year.

The kid was money in college and was actually a team captain.

The Jets are going nowhere this year, so it hurts nothing to see what the kid can do.

The kid was money in college and was actually a team captain

And that exactly equates to what? Blair Thomas was money in college and was actually a team captain. Browning Nagle was money in college and was actually a team captatin. I'm sure the list is endless with kids that were "money in college and was actually a team captain."

The kid was money in college and was actually a team captain

And that exactly equates to what? Blair Thomas was money in college and was actually a team captain. Browning Nagle was money in college and was actually a team captatin. I'm sure the list is endless with kids that were "money in college and was actually a team captain."

JFF-Kicking is actually very different than playing quarterback and playing RB. You can actually make a pretty strraight line connection between what was done in college to what you can expect in the pros better than most positions. I hope I don't have to tell you why.

The reason that I made the comment about him being a captain, was because how rare it is for a kicker to hold that title. I assume it relates to his dedication and what his teammates felt about him.

While I am sure that your response was made somewhat sarcastically, it really was non-sensical.

JFF-Kicking is actually very different than playing quarterback and playing RB. You can actually make a pretty strraight line connection between what was done in college to what you can expect in the pros better than most positions. I hope I don't have to tell you why.

The reason that I made the comment about him being a captain, was because how rare it is for a kicker to hold that title. I assume it relates to his dedication and what his teammates felt about him.

While I am sure that your response was made somewhat sarcastically, it really was non-sensical.

Scotty, it's early in the morning...lighten up bud. The thing I agree on is Nuggie probably won't be going anywhere this year and if that costs us games, his legacy in college won't mean squat...sarcastically or non-sensical.

Scotty, it's early in the morning...lighten up bud. The thing I agree on is Nuggie probably won't be going anywhere this year and if that costs us games, his legacy in college won't mean squat...sarcastically or non-sensical.

he's not going anywhere now but if he kicks like this for another week or 2 he's gonna be gone.

JFF-What I look at a kicker, I tend to look at how has he performed in pressure spots before. In kickers, past indicators are the best thing you have going for you.

In big spots, at a major college, in big games, in high pressure situations, the kid hit big kicks. I am not talking about gimmes that were tee'ed up for him, I am talking about big kicks that were difference makers for a team that had trouble scoring touchdowns.

He was so thought of as "money", that for much of the early part of his senior year, he was thought as a Hesiman candidate. Think about that. A kicker being given Heisman consideration.

That let's me know that this kid can have a pretty tough veneer. Now, I also remember that his Freshman year, as he came in with all this hype, he shanked some gimme's.

Kickers are defined how they overcome these things.

I am just telling you that in his past, he has had the mental toughness to overcome this. And excel.

That leads me to believe this may very well be a mechanical flaw. Now, I am no kicking expert. This is where a Mike Westhoff has to earn his money.

All I am telling you is that the pedigree is their for the kid. And kicker pedigree is different than most others, because past performance certainly is a predictor of the future.

Does that guarantee us anything? Certainly not.

Lets just can everyone

I watched the San DIego game last night, and watched a pretty damn good kicker in the name of Nate Kaeding

2 years ago, he missed what is possibly the worst kick to miss.......a kick in the playoffs, trying to help your team move to the next round.....he missed

The Chargers stuck with him....and they are better for it today

Lets just can everyone

I watched the San DIego game last night, and watched a pretty damn good kicker in the name of Nate Kaeding

2 years ago, he missed what is possibly the worst kick to miss.......a kick in the playoffs, trying to help your team move to the next round.....he missed

The Chargers stuck with him....and they are better for it today

So, we should have kept Brien?

I'm as pissed as anyone about Nugent's performance, but in watching him struggle the other day another name popped in to my head: Pat Leahy. Leahy went through a stretch where he could not hit the side of a barn and everyone was screaming for his head. I couldn't believe that they kept this bum on the team. All of a sudden, things clicked and he became as accurate a kicker as there was in the NFL for a good number of years and I was always shocked when he wasn't named to the Pro Bowl.

What does this mean as far as Nugent is concerned? Maybe nothing, but I think the kid can do the job, but he is mentally pressing right now. How long do we give him to turn it around? I don't know, but hopefully he does not cost us any games in the meantime. Hopefully history can repeat itself.

I'm as pissed as anyone about Nugent's performance, but in watching him struggle the other day another name popped in to my head: Pat Leahy. Leahy went through a stretch where he could not hit the side of a barn and everyone was screaming for his head. I couldn't believe that they kept this bum on the team. All of a sudden, things clicked and he became as accurate a kicker as there was in the NFL for a good number of years and I was always shocked when he wasn't named to the Pro Bowl.

What does this mean as far as Nugent is concerned? Maybe nothing, but I think the kid can do the job, but he is mentally pressing right now. How long do we give him to turn it around? I don't know, but hopefully he does not cost us any games in the meantime. Hopefully history can repeat itself.

DNA, I think more than anything else, most (myself included) feel because of where he was picked in the draft, he shouldn't be having games like this...we'll see. Hopefully, he turns it around and Sunday was just some kind of blip.

DNA - did you notice when we were driving on the game winner we saw Nugent and Graham working together on the sidelines?Well we scored and didn't need him but his KO went 3 yards deep after that....note to CS-make him practice on the sidelines DURING the game

After a mind-blowing game like that where his mechanics were off, he is going to need a sports psychologist as well as some extra work on mechanics.

He has to put it behind him, go back out there next week and, like having a bad round on the golf course, shrug it off and take dead aim.

That's all he can do.

Archived