The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drafting a Kicker a #47 Overall.

That, my friends, is a By-the-Book PAUL HACKETT draft pick.

Always go for three, never go for seven. If in doubt, kick. Hell, even if NOT in doubt, kick.

This is Paul Hackett football all the way, and you blokes are eating it up like fois gras.

Always go for three, never go for seven. If in doubt, kick. Hell, even if NOT in doubt, kick.

This is Paul Hackett football all the way, and you blokes are eating it up like fois gras.

How have teh Pats won 3 Super Bowls? :roll:

Fish a Good Kicker also can keep a KO return

man from a big KO return!! It's not just FG's!

Where did this idea that Jason Ferguson was Randy White come from? Reed and Legree can fill the other spot and give Robertson a blow.Thne DL and LBs are solid.

No argument about DBs or OT, but Nugent will make some close games go our way. And his kickoffs means teams will be starting further back inside the 20. Which means offenses will need to go farther to score. In an age of ball control, clock control and outcomes due to minimizing your mistakes and making it more difficult for your opponent to score, it's a solid pick.

I never thought they'd make me happy today...Gotta give Bradway credit for this ballsy, but blatantly obvious selection.

All the haters should be publicly scorned

I agree with jet/bosox fan

book mark this post. This will be the last time I ever say that! :lol:

I never thought they'd make me happy today...Gotta give Bradway credit for this ballsy, but blatantly obvious selection.

All the haters should be publicly scorned

OK, scorn me. I hate it. We are too weak at too mnay spots to make this move now IMO.

This guy better be good. The first time he misses an easy one and costs us a game......

Personally after looking real close at the guy I think he's a dead ringer for Matt Light. Works for me. He plays at LG or RT, and is able to play 4 positions on the line if need be, and if Light goes down we aren't completely effed.

I still can't say I love the pick, but I understand it better.

As for Justin Miller.... it could not be more clear that the guy has major character issues: apparantly the word that a lot of teams took him off their boards entirely is true.

Plenty of other good CBs for you guys, Green, McFadden...

Packers take NICK COLLINS? Of the same division II school as Rashean Mathis? WTF?

OK, scorn me. I hate it. We are too weak at too mnay spots to make this move now IMO.

This guy better be good. The first time he misses an easy one and costs us a game......

Doug Brien cost us the AFC Title game. This not only would make that kick if he was put in that spot, but, had he played the whole game, not even made it necesarry, because he would win us the field position battle.

I suppose this pcik legitimizes Bradway's trade decision with Oakland.

If he was indeed targeting Nugent, then trading down to #47 for Jolly and the Twin 6's makes obvious sense.

Drafting Nugent at #26 would have been insane. Instead we get TE Jolly (or #1 TE in 2005) and Nugent the Super-Never-Miss-God-of-Kickers and perhaps some depth or project players in the 6th.

So I guess that is a good thing....right?

Archived