The man who saved the Jets season was......

Columbia Jet Fan

Justin McCariens. Ok Ok, he is not the only one and the Jets have had a bunch of people "save" their season. But yesterday, when Pennington threw what should have been an easy pick, J-Mac, who has been killed for character issues earlier came back played D and helped the fins defender miss the pick (although he would have missed it initially he could have easily grabbed it after it bounced off his hands...j-mac hit him before he could). I have seen guys like Plex give up on plays so many times, and for J-mac to do the right thing there shows Mangini's influence. Plus he made a nice catch on our second longest play of the game, that I believe set up our FG.

So while Leon, Mangini and Chad get all the hype (and rightfully so) just remember that J-macs move could very well be the reason we get to watch Jets football in 2 weeks.

Justin McCariens. Ok Ok, he is not the only one and the Jets have had a bunch of people "save" their season. But yesterday, when Pennington threw what should have been an easy pick, J-Mac, who has been killed for character issues earlier came back played D and helped the fins defender miss the pick (although he would have missed it initially he could have easily grabbed it after it bounced off his hands...j-mac hit him before he could). I have seen guys like Plex give up on plays so many times, and for J-mac to do the right thing there shows Mangini's influence. Plus he made a nice catch on our second longest play of the game, that I believe set up our FG.

So while Leon, Mangini and Chad get all the hype (and rightfully so) just remember that J-macs move could very well be the reason we get to watch Jets football in 2 weeks.

Jmac has absolutely stepped up the last few weeks, maybe he sticks around after all. Hey, we could have a worse #3 receiver.

I agree that he's not as good, in fact I think he's better

LOL

Sorry Jmac is a better reciever... although Smith might be the better athelete

Smith has only been a receiver for 5 months... Jmac has been a decent receiver for years... experience does count, Smith hopefully will pass Jmac but not this year.

LOL

Sorry Jmac is a better reciever... although Smith might be the better athelete

Smith has only been a receiver for 5 months... Jmac has been a decent receiver for years... experience does count, Smith hopefully will pass Jmac but not this year.

No he won't pass him this year on the official depth chart, I agree

Yeah and this fella you're talking about almost tanked our season, but luckily the Phin's cornerback didn't wrap him up which allowed Justin to catch it. If he wrapped him up and got the interception, he would've been the guy that ruined our season. He made a mistake and luck saved him. So basically if we go by this then luck saved our season. ;)

jmac is gone after the season.

he almost dropped an easy catch on the sideline and probably would have dropped it if the db didn't help him out. you just don't see coles and cotch drop balls with the frequency that jmac has throughout his entire jets tenure. the funny thing is - we still wouldn't know what cotch was capable of if herm was still here.

Any receiver on our team would have done the same thing, Mangini wouldn't allow any less. While it'sw nice for JMac that he happened to be the guy standing there to make that play so you can declare him personally as the guy who saved our season, it is the coaches meticulous attention to detail that has this team at 9-6 right now. Wallace Wright had the presence of mind to grab hold and tackle his own teammate when he was falling towards the goal line on punt coverage. Those are the things that make an otherwise bad to mediocre team a playoff contender. Had he been standing where McCareins was on that pass, rest assured he would have done the same thing.

I don't care what happens around the rest of the league, what Mangini has done with a rag tag bunch of players is astounding and he deserves the COY award without question.

J-Mac saved our season? By knocking down a football he couldn't catch? Aren't recievers supposed to do that? J-mac = zero separation. J-Mac = dropped balls. J-Mac = rediculously expensive for a third reciever that was nearly overtaken by Tim Dwight and couldn't show up in shape for training camp. Glad he saved our season though. I wish you would have told me that before I sent those fruit baskets to Sean Ellis for his last minute sack of Tom Brady and Leon Washington for his 70yd screen pass on Monday.

another example of a turd who stinks all year and then is a savior and all forgotten when he helps in a big game.

Lets not forget this Hermafite couldnt adapt at 1st to a real coach and showed up out of shape (why wouldnt he, you didnt need to be at Herms camps),, so he was out of Manginis plans for most of year. So while you praise him for the Miami game, then you must say he could have helped in the 6 losses this year when he was inactive and/or on bench.

Sorry, I am not ready to thank him for the season. If he was game ready on day one we might be 11-5 or better.

Now, having said that, if Eric thinks he has cleansed McCariens of his turdish-Herm attitide then I am all for re-signing him for next year at a reduced rate (I favor Brad Smith as the #3 WR next year).

My guess is that McCariens goes back to easy practices and signs with KC.

He probably got a talking to after not fighting for balls in the Buffalo game. But c'mon, that's not something you'd THINK you'd have to tell a guy. It's no mistake he steps up in just that way shortly after he FAILED to do so.

EDIT: I think McCareins just didn't feel he "fit" here, and he has played under personal adversity after being in the doghouse this year (his fault), along with poor play that followed him after his lackluster and heartless '05 performance. He never seemed mentally focused, out of his element, depressed...? But it's his job. Still strikes me as a guy with an inner gazelle. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. You know if he goes elsewhere he's a Hall of Famer. Hehe.

He probably got a talking to after not fighting for balls in the Buffalo game. But c'mon, that's not something you'd THINK you'd have to tell a guy. It's no mistake he steps up in just that way shortly after he FAILED to do so.

EDIT: I think McCareins just didn't feel he "fit" here, and he has played under personal adversity after being in the doghouse this year (his fault), along with poor play that followed him after his lackluster and heartless '05 performance. He never seemed mentally focused, out of his element, depressed...? But it's his job. Still strikes me as a guy with an inner gazelle. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. You know if he goes elsewhere he's a Hall of Famer. Hehe.

Bingo. Mangini actually mentioned "the receiver not fighting for the ball" after that game. It's as close to insulting a player in public as I've seen. McCareins only did what he was supposed to, besides the ball already had hit the idiot in the helmet. McCareins can be valuable. He is very talented (albeit extremely overpriced) for a #3.

Well, I have to give Jmac credit. He has been doing a decent job both mentally and physically. A lot of players would have whined and complained about being benched. Physically it's hard to come in on only a few plays when you're a rythm receiver make a few catches and then sit down. I think he is playing hard for a few reasons. He wants to show he can play and maybe if he doesn't get his starting job back he can get traded or be released and get a decent contract. Oh, there are some receivers out there ala t.o. that will give up on a ball and let the db intercept it. It comes down to the coaches to make players play all aspects of the game. It's the little things that make players great.

Jmac Saved our season ? Where the hell was I at when that happened ?

Your joking right?

This guy stinks,I really can't wait for him to be off my team!!!!!

If anyone saved our season it's Mangini and that's it!!!!

I'd rather have Brad smith out there any day of the week over Jflop and I'm sure that I'am not the only one that feels like this on this board.

Brad Smith>Jflop

Jmac Saved our season ? Where the hell was I at when that happened ?

I'd rather have Brad smith out there any day of the week over Jflop and I'm sure that I'am not the only one that feels like this on this board.

Brad Smith>Jflop

Im with you. Id like to see B.Smith as our #3. He's looked really good with his limited opputunities. We had some draft this year

Archived