Chad Penningtons last home game as Jets QB?

EvanstonJet

Im not sure what management thinks about when it comes to QB next year..

Chad has been nice, but next year I think we should start a qb with an arm..

Let's just wait and see how the rest of this year plays out, looks like Chad has more than one game left this season to play.

For Chad to throw the ball downfield we NEED a BURNER WR Coles and Crotchery are not SPEED demons.Lets look at the entire picture here.

That is not true.

Chad just doesn't have the arm to throw the ball down the field. That pass to McCareins Monday night would have been a touchdown if most any other QB had thrown it.

That is not true.

Chad just doesn't have the arm to throw the ball down the field. That pass to McCareins Monday night would have been a touchdown if most any other QB had thrown it.

It is true.

#1 We play in the WINDY Meadowlands downfield throws are sparse.

#2 We dont have a "burner" who can get open downfield.

#3 Chad Pennington is a "precise passer" he hits the target.

#4 What do you consider downfield?

It is true.

Was Santana Moss not a burner? Chad did jack with Moss in 2004. Santana had his best games whenever Quincy FN Carter was playing.

It is true.

yea most of the time he does unlike the last game. some of his throws were just terrible and he wasnt as accurate as he usually is. his arm does limit the offense and there should be a competition in training camp next year for the QB job.

Was Santana Moss not a burner? Chad did jack with Moss in 2004. Santana had his best games whenever Quincy FN Carter was playing.

He was playing with a torn cuff which certainly hindered his downfield consistency. Also the best play Moss had in 2004 was the touchdown catch against SD in the playoffs. S Moss got a lot of his yards after the catch in 2005 with the exception of three or four plays. And Santana even said himself that was because you don't run out of bounds when you have Joe Gibbs as a coach as opposed to Herm. Herm also ran an offense that did not go downfield a lot. See KC this year. I honestly don't know why you people sit back and act like Chad is that bad when he has jack **** for weapons. How was Coles YPC with the Skins? I also can not believe that the Raiders fan on this thread get it more than the Jets fans.

Say what you want about his arm, but we saw Chad win 2 games this year on the road in brutal weather. In NE and in Miami. Both games he made 2 big TD throws to Cotch.

Meanwhile, I saw Carson Palmer, with his cannon, struggle mightly this past week in the Denver cold/snow. He was missing open receivers downfield all game long. Had he hit them the game never would have came down to his long snapper effin it up.

Im all for replacing Chad if you can get me Brady, Peyton or a few others. BUt they are not going to be available. Chad is fine.

Say what you want about his arm, but we saw Chad win 2 games this year on the road in brutal weather. In NE and in Miami. Both plays he made 2 big TD throws to Cotch.

Meanwhile, I saw Carson Palmer, with his cannon, struggle mightly this past week in the Denver cold/snow. He was missing open receivers downfield all game long. Had he hit them the game never would have came down to his long snapper effin it up.

Im all for replacing Chad if you can get me Brady, Peyton or a few others. BUt they are not going to be available. Chad is fine.

a-men.

its been said before. there are two teams in new york. if you want the number 1 pick, please chear for Eli. if you want a proven winner, chear for Chad.

There are about 7 qb's i'd take in front of Chad, maybe not even that many.

carson

brady

p. manning

brees

ok four...

Any Jets fan will agree Chads arm strenght limits the passing game which in turn hinders the offense.

I am all for looking for a legit NFL QB to compete with Pennington again in Camp. Ramsey is not is.

So be sure to let us know when you have the sure fire solution.

Anyone can complain without the actual answer to the problem.

This current Jet team couldn't even line-up for a snap in this offense without Chad.

P.S. ..give me the short list of QB's who have never missed the play-offs when healthy.

Any Jets fan will agree Chads arm strenght limits the passing game which in turn hinders the offense.

I am all for looking for a legit NFL QB to compete with Pennington again in Camp. Ramsey is not is.

I'm a true Chad hater mostly becuase I grew up with a great downfield QB and still believe in it. That said, I'm not convinced we can't build a solid SB contender with Pennington as our QB.

This is a QB driven league but in truth there are only 3 or 4 elite QB's in the league right now who are really game changers.

The big problem with Chad was the last regime paid him as if he was an elite QB which helped tie our hands in FA. If Chad is willing to be paid like a mid range QB instead of an elite QB we might be able to build a good enough D and O around him to win? This team needs more help on both sides of the line particularly if we plan on playing more of a smash mouth O at some point. We need a guard a big upgrade at RT and probably another TE and a lead blocker at FB if we are going to be a productive running team facing an 8 man box with Chad as the QB.

At the end of the day, Chad's future on this team is going to come down to money.

yea most of the time he does unlike the last game. some of his throws were just terrible and he wasnt as accurate as he usually is. his arm does limit the offense and there should be a competition in training camp next year for the QB job.

The ball does tend to go off course in a monsoon.

If we win and go to the playoffs Chad Pennington WILL be back as the starting Quarterback for the 2007 New York Jets barring injury. Patrick Ramsey will be released and Kellen Clemens will assume the role as the #2 QB permantley.

So be sure to let us know when you have the sure fire solution.

Anyone can complain without the actual answer to the problem.

This current Jet team couldn't even line-up for a snap in this offense without Chad.

P.S. ..give me the short list of QB's who have never missed the play-offs when healthy.

Untill the Jets send me a paycheck Ill worry about other things. Till then Ill continue to voice my opinion of the situation here. Feel free to read it,or not.

Archived