More proof Tiki Barber is the biggest POS in the NFL

Matt39

During a Q&A session with the DC media Tiki was asked if he has lost his passion to play football. He quickly replied with "no" but followed it up with a very questionable statement.

"During the week I am sitting in a meeting and instead of being solely focused on the Washington Redskins I will be thinking about other things. In the off season for instance I had a chance to come down your way for the White House Correspondence dinner. These things became more important to me than being up here working out." Barber said.

In the off season for instance I had a chance to come down your way for the White House Correspondence dinner. These things became more important to me than being up here working out." Barber said.

:rl: What a goon!

Mangini would have already cut him for saying that...

Tiki takes himself way too seriously. He thinks he's god's gift.

Ok, tiki, we get it. You're well-spoken and (somewhat) charismatic, but the only reason you're so famous is because you're a football player, so just act like one! If you wanna be the world's next greatest journalist or whatever, so retire already and do that! nobody wants to hear about it ad nauseum.

Tiki takes himself way too seriously. He thinks he's god's gift.

Ok, tiki, we get it. You're well-spoken and (somewhat) charismatic, but the only reason you're so famous is because you're a football player, so just act like one! If you wanna be the world's next greatest journalist or whatever, so retire already and do that! nobody wants to hear about it ad nauseum.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Benched his best running back not to mention one of the best running backs in the league? He's no coach of the year then.

Sort of like cutting your all-pro center and taking a chance with a rookie??

Or sticking it out with your injury ridden QB only to have him lead you to 10 wins...

Mangini would risk it, and with his luck the backup would step up and become great... (Larry Johnson was the backup for Priest Holmes...)

Sort of like cutting your all-pro center and taking a chance with a rookie??

Or sticking it out with your injury ridden QB only to have him lead you to 10 wins...

Mangini would risk it, and with his luck the backup would step up and become great... (Larry Johnson was the backup for Priest Holmes...)

The difference between Tiki Barber and Kevin Mawae is Tiki Barber is an All Pro running back who is still playing at an All Pro level. Kevin Mawae is an All Pro center living off of reputation.

The difference between Tiki Barber and Kevin Mawae is Tiki Barber is an All Pro running back who is still playing at an All Pro level. Kevin Mawae is an All Pro center living off of reputation.

Thats your opinion.. he is helping the Titans almost sneak into the playoffs after they started 0-5....

Face it I proved you wrong with that one...

Cutting Kevin Mawae is just as ballsy of a move as cutting Tiki would be

Mawae has done more for the Jets team than Tiki has for the Giants...

Thats your opinion.. he is helping the Titans almost sneak into the playoffs after they started 0-5....

Difference is that Mawae was cut in the offseason during a purge when they had time to draft Mangold. Cutting Tiki in the middle of a playoff run would be suicide. There are people here (myself included) that thought Mangini risked losing the team by benching Chad after he stunk it up, can you imagine benching or cutting Tiki during a playoff run? Make no mistake about it, the Giants are in a playoff run-or fall as the case may be. I would hope that Mangini or Belly or any normal coach would have gotten Tiki to keep his mouth shut, but that's not easy once the cat is out of the bag.

What? How did Mawae do more for the Jets than Tiki did for the Giants? You seem to have forgotten that Mawae was the biggest bitcher on your team while he was there. He was cut because he was ridiculously overpaid and hadn't lived up to his contract in about three years.

Mawae was cut because we were pretty sure we'd get a replacement, and were going to need one next year anyway since Mawae was in the last year of his contract. We weren't going to give him a new contract at his age & would only be putting off the inevitable. Then NEXT year we're still breaking in a new center (if any decent ones were even available). Throw that in with his mouth & that he's the same age as Mangini & you realize that Mawae was as good as gone the minute Mangini signed his contract with the Jets.

I can't stand Tiki, either, but the "biggest POS in the NFL" award belongs to Ray Lewis until he retires.

Barber talks too much, but he's been a very productive back who modified how he carried the ball midcareer to stop fumbling. he may be a bigmouth, but that kind of adjustment lat in his career speaks well of him as a player.

What he said. Mr. "DOn't Say Sheet" who then proceeds to rat on his co-defendants to get out of jail is far and away the biggest POS in the NFL. If Ray Lewis couldn't play football at an NFL level, decent human beings would have nothing to do with him.

If you watched the Giants Saints game it was blatantly obvious Tiki isnt trying anymore. He whiffed on a blovk that damn near got Eli killed.

Yeah ELi sucks, but when you have a guy like Tiki who has openly admitted his heads not in the game anymore, he's not exactly in the best environment to succeed.

Same goes for guys like Shockey and Burress for other reasons.

If you watched the Giants Saints game it was blatantly obvious Tiki isnt trying anymore. He whiffed on a blovk that damn near got Eli killed.

Yeah ELi sucks, but when you have a guy like Tiki who has openly admitted his heads not in the game anymore, he's not exactly in the best environment to succeed.

Same goes for guys like Shockey and Burress for other reasons.

Well, there's the problem with the Giants. You mentioned 3 guys as problem areas on their O. They happen to be the three best players. Their D is injured, but their O is a trainwreck.

I've got no particular love for the guy (though my wife loves his perfect pearly-whites). But there are plenty of far-worse scumbags in the NFL than Tiki Barber.

I agree mate. There are many players worthy of the "POS" title. Tiki isn't one of them.

Archived