Andy Reid

Matt39

The defense was getting destroyed in the second half.. If it wasn't for that reggie bush fumble, NO probably would have scored again.. Except for one or two drives, the Eagles D couldn't stop the Saints offense.

So instead of going for it on 4th down with under 2 minutes left in the game, you punt?

That is a dumb call.

This is nothing new with Fat Andy. Remember his debacle at the end of the Super Bowl a few years ago? I've seen him get possessed by Herm far too many times, its safe to say that he is just a brutal game manager.

Punting on 4th and 15 with only two timeouts when the other team has 196 yards rushing on you is mindless beyond comprehension especially considering you were willing to go for it on 4tha nd 10. Is 5 yards that big of a deal there? How you can have any confidence that your defense can get a 3 and out there?

I just cant believe he did that with the season on the line.

One other thing about Reid. What is up with his attire? He wears that black winter jacket every game no matter the conditions. He was sweating like a hog on the sidelines today. Must be a superstition thing.

who gives a **** what he's wearing?

I would have went for it, but what I do not get is..... you go for it on 4th and 10, but not 4th and 15? I mean it's 5 yards, I know but it's a long pass play regardless. I'd rather go down with the ROCK in my hands...

Didn't understand it. Whether you pnt or don't make it, Saints still have to get a 1st down to end the game. So he gave up 1 chance to keep his drive going without any guarantee he'd get the ball back. And either way, if they didn't get a 1st down, his defense still has to come up wit a stop.

Didn't understand it. Whether you pnt or don't make it, Saints still have to get a 1st down to end the game. So he gave up 1 chance to keep his drive going without any guarantee he'd get the ball back. And either way, if they didn't get a 1st down, his defense still has to come up wit a stop.

Agreed ... why die with 1 bullet left in the gun ...

One of the most retarded decisions I've ever seen.

Agreed ... why die with 1 bullet left in the gun ...

One of the most retarded decisions I've ever seen.

Why?

Garcia was lucky to get the firstdown before the penalty. He had little time all game to pass. Now, he has to be able to withstand the pressure so his guys can get 5 more yards?

With 2 timeouts it is better to punt. If they held, they punt from the 31 and they have about 45 seconds to work with and could start at around the 30 only needing 40-50 yards to get into Akers range. They would have options.

They go for it and fail. If they forced a punt, they probably need to go 50-70 yards to get in range. Not a huge difference, but given they only had 45 seconds, it is a little more doable.

Why?

Garcia was lucky to get the firstdown before the penalty. He had little time all game to pass. Now, he has to be able to withstand the pressure so his guys can get 5 more yards?

With 2 timeouts it is better to punt. If they held, they punt from the 31 and they have about 45 seconds to work with and could start at around the 30 only needing 40-50 yards to get into Akers range. They would have options.

They go for it and fail. If they forced a punt, they probably need to go 50-70 yards to get in range. Not a huge difference, but given they only had 45 seconds, it is a little more doable.

McAllister and the Saint offense was running all over the Eagle D in the 2nd half ... what makes you think they're going to hold them to a 3 and out in that spot? Even if the hold them, maybe they get the ball back with what 20 seconds deep in their own territory after a punt.

You have a mobile QB who just made a 4th and 10. Why not a 4th and 15?

Even if you don't make it, you still have the two timeouts. Then you can hope for a 3 and out. And even if they kick the FG, you're still with a touchdown.

Instead, he punts the ball, defense doesn't hold, and the Eagles die with one bullet left in the chamber.

Like I said, one of the most retarded decision I've ever seen.

Andy Reid is overrated.

Even if you punt, get NO to go 3 & out, you still likely need to go 40 yds or so in about 1 minute with no timeouts left. And that's just to get Akers in range for almost a 50-yarder for a TIE.

But no matter what happened on 4th down (don't make it or punt), his defense has no choice but to force NO to go 3 & out. At least give yourself a friggin' chance, man. Convert the first down & you've got all the time in the world to get into FG range, plus two TO's. It's enough time to go for a TD instead of a FG.

Friggin' sissy.

BINGO! You said it better than I did.

But my point exactly.

Archived