The JETS will win the superbowl!

ECURB

You heard it here first, in the 2007 NFL season your champions will be the New York Jets!

Just figured I would get that off my chest now.

11-5 - Win the AFCE

Will win in the Superbowl against the Saints.

I cant wait to bump this thread one year from now...

sbxliiprediction.gif

And your MVP will be Chad Pennington!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what are this wednesday's powerball numbers?

I dont want to split it with you, ask me next week after I win. ;)

What happened? I've been out of town. When did we sign Garcia?

If that happened I would be posting about how we wont win becuase he wont be able to figure out Shotty's system quick enough and be effective in it...

You heard it here first, in the 2007 NFL season your champions will be the New York Jets!

11-5 - Win the AFCE

sbxliiprediction.gif

Guys/Gals...I have finally removed the thought of Chad throwing a backward pass from my mind and have the energy to begin posting here again.....

Now regarding this thread....there are a couple of things that have to happen for the Jets to win the super bowl:

1. They have to win the division, going 4-2 or 5-1 in heads up play.

2. They have to win at least 10 games...but more like 11 to jump over the Pats.

3. They need to beat the Pats twice.

4. They need to most probably have a bye in the first round.

5. Chad has to throw twice as many TD's than INT's.

6. No serious injuries.

7. Need to draft really really well.

8. Need to sign a big/fast d-lineman to rush the QB, and you need help in the LB corps, and you need to sign a "name" guy for the seconday..i.e. Samuel.

9. You need to have a No. 2 QB ready to step in.

10. You need the running game to have over 1000 yards rushing (by one guy or a combo of guys).

11. You will need to some real leadership on the field of play come game time.

Last but not least....don't pay any attention to the schedule as it is freakin real hard this year!!!!

Prove it.

Early Breakdown of the JETS 2007 Matchups...

ecurb2369

Right there I show you how it isnt that bad at all....

You cant say we have a "hard" schedule this year, especially before draft day...

ecurb, my friend. What does your early breakdowns do? Someone who is a fan of any team we're playing can just as eaisly have wrote something like this for our game.

NEW YORK JETS - Talented young coach, but a very overhyped team who had a miracle by winning ten games. They can't stop the run, and are even worse on third down. I SEE NO REASON WHY WE CAN'T GO OUT AND SHOW THEM LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE. Oh and they're quarterback couldn't win a deep ball contest VS, Brett Farve (When he was 11)

The Jets arn't even going to make the playoffs next season if we don't take care of our running back situation along with getting depth on the OLine and the defense as a whole. We have a lot of work to do and it could start by benching Noodle Arm and going with Clemens so that in 2008 or 2009 we are ready to be serious contenders for the Lombardi Trophy.

Actually, we heard it from you second. clown

I gave the record and who they were playing! LOL sorry didnt see yours... :)

ecurb, my friend. What does your early breakdowns do? Someone who is a fan of any team we're playing can just as eaisly have wrote something like this for our game.

My point EXACTLY, my breakdown was to show how silly it is to claim our Schdule next year is hard... I showed how easy it is to spin it one way or the other... we dont know how hard those teams will be next year, we still have Free Agency, The Draft, TC, pre-season, the regular season and injuries it brings...

There is so many variables that it is silly to claim it is "hard"

We only play 5 playoff teams next year, thats right, five.

KC is one of them, and they have Herm.

Dallas is another and they have a new HC...

Thats only 3 playoff teams who dont have a stupid or a new HC....

I cannot take that as a "hard" schedule...

The Jets arn't even going to make the playoffs next season if we don't take care of our running back situation along with getting depth on the OLine and the defense as a whole. We have a lot of work to do and it could start by benching Noodle Arm and going with Clemens so that in 2008 or 2009 we are ready to be serious contenders for the Lombardi Trophy.

Bench the QB that takes you to the playoffs, every thread, i love it!

RB before linemen right? LOL

Bench the QB that takes you to the playoffs, every thread, i love it!

RB before linemen right? LOL

Jake Plummer was taking Denver to the playoffs wasn't he? Yeah that got them a lot of championships in the end. Making the move to Jay Culter actually turned out to be, although at the time I disagreed, to be the smart move. Scew 2006, they made that move for the future and we need to do that as well. Chad Pennington can get you 10 wins and into the playoffs, but he can't get you a championship.

Running back over OLine? Yes. Why? Our OLine is not as bad as many people believe. From Center over on the left side our line is very strong. Brandon Moore is not as bad as many make him out to be and Anthony Clement is not terrible. I would like to see a better RT brought in but if we had a starting NFL calibear running back, Anthony Clement would not be looking as bad as he does in some of your eyes.

Jake Plummer was taking Denver to the playoffs wasn't he?

He was benched becuase they though Cutler was a better option due to the fact Plummer was all over the map...

Are you saying Mangini wouldnt do the same thing if he had an upgrade over Chad?? I think he would...

He was benched becuase they though Cutler was a better option due to the fact Plummer was all over the map...

Are you saying Mangini wouldnt do the same thing if he had an upgrade over Chad?? I think he would...

17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions qualifies to me as "all over the place".

17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions qualifies to me as "all over the place".

I saw the Jets games, i saw a few of the Broncos games. Plummer coudln't hit water falling off a ship, he was allllllll over the map.

If Chaddler wins the QB job next year and we shore up that RT spot, his INT's will be around 10, and TD's will be around 19. Not because of better protection, or better support from a third receiver, but from a better running game.

Teams new the Jets threw 60 to 70 percent of the time. Not too tough to gamplan against. Wheather we fix the running attack with a better RT, or a better RB, I don't care. IF we get production on the ground, Chad can win the super bowl.

Someone said it before, put Chad on the Bears, and they would have had a very good chance last sunday.

I saw the Jets games, i saw a few of the Broncos games. Plummer coudln't hit water falling off a ship, he was allllllll over the map.

If Chaddler wins the QB job next year and we shore up that RT spot, his INT's will be around 10, and TD's will be around 19. Not because of better protection, or better support from a third receiver, but from a better running game.

Teams new the Jets threw 60 to 70 percent of the time. Not too tough to gamplan against. Wheather we fix the running attack with a better RT, or a better RB, I don't care. IF we get production on the ground, Chad can win the super bowl.

Someone said it before, put Chad on the Bears, and they would have had a very good chance last sunday.

The 2002 Pats had 1500 rushing yards. The 2006 Jets had 1700 rushing yards.

Brady threw 28 TD's and 14 INT's in 2002.

Pennington threw 17 TD's and 16 INT's in 2006.

Neither QB had a running game but Brady threw 2 less picks and 11 more TD's when the Defense knew that they had to pass.

Remember that Brady was only in his 2nd year as a starter.

The Bookmakers like the Jets to be the 2008 SB winners.

Just not as much as... the

CHARGERS 6 TO 1

COLTS 6 TO 1

PATS 10 TO 1

STEELERS 10 TO 1(WHY?)

BENGALS 12 TO 1 (is the SB Played in prison next year?)

RAVENS 13 TO 1

DENVER 15 TO 1

CHIEFS 28 TO 1(LED BY HERM???)

JACKSONVILLE 30 TO 1

NY JETS 30 TO 1

MIAMI 35 TO 1

Just to show how much they love the NFC,

The giants are 18 to 1:)

How would the Bears have had a better chance with Chad Pennington? Rex went 20 of 28 for 165 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions, both of which were off floating deep balls. Grossman dinked and dunked to little success all night, which is pretty much what Chad Pennington did in 10 games this season. Grossman's performance was VERY Chad-like. You can't say Chad would have definitely done better. He probably would have done almost the exact same.

You know what isn't tough to gameplan against? A quarterback whose arm isn't strong enough to make the other team respect the deep ball. His inability to make certain big league throws makes him much easier to defend than 90% of the quarterbacks in the NFL.

Grossman's performance was VERY Chad-like.

When Rexy threw the cake icing balloon right into Hayden's hands, I actually yelled out nice toss Chad. It was the quintessential Pennington pick - flag pattern, 15 yards past the flat, 8 yards behind the receiver.

Chad had to throw the ball 30+ times a game, thats not his strength... is not that wild of a thought to thinkn we need a RB to help our QB... so what if we dont have 1 guy who can carry an entire team... thats not the point... If we can get Chads throws back into the 20 att per game like in 02' he will be much more effective....

The 2002 Pats had 1500 rushing yards. The 2006 Jets had 1700 rushing yards.

Brady threw 28 TD's and 14 INT's in 2002.

Pennington threw 17 TD's and 16 INT's in 2006.

Neither QB had a running game but Brady threw 2 less picks and 11 more TD's when the Defense knew that they had to pass.

Remember that Brady was only in his 2nd year as a starter.

So you think Brady is better than Chad... thanks for the newsflash Gainzo!

When Rexy threw the cake icing balloon right into Hayden's hands, I actually yelled out nice toss Chad. It was the quintessential Pennington pick - flag pattern, 15 yards past the flat, 8 yards behind the receiver.

oh come on, that was perhaps the most horrendous throw in football (definitely in superbowl) history. wtf was he thinking with that? a lot of people say this but this time i mean it: i could've thrown that ball better.

It was the quintessential Pennington pick - flag pattern, 15 yards past the flat, 8 yards behind the receiver.

oh come on, that was perhaps the most horrendous throw in football (definitely in superbowl) history. wtf was he thinking with that? a lot of people say this but this time i mean it: i could've thrown that ball better.

Ok - I was exaggerating - Chad usually only throws 3-4 yards behind the reciever on a fly pattern.

11-5 - Win the AFCE

sbxliiprediction.gif

Why?

The Jets have a harder schedule, will sneek up on anyone and same old QB. Getting a bunch of borderline talent to perform is one thing, getting them to perform with expectations is another.

Why?

The Jets have a harder schedule, will sneek up on anyone and same old QB. Getting a bunch of borderline talent to perform is one thing, getting them to perform with expectations is another.

Please explain to me how the shedule is harder, you dont know it could wind up being easier.

The QB will have his first full year of offseason training, another year to work on playcalling with shotty, and should have a better running game to use his excellent play action with.

• 2 months later...

Archived