DD top 32

bitonti

Here is a first draft of top 32 players by Draft Daddy.

Note that this is NOT a reflection of draft status or stock.

So please don't look at this list and say hey bitonti you jerk, So and So won't be picked where you are projecting him - again, this is not a projection or mock draft.

This is a ranking of the top 32 players regardless of draft status, based on how they will do in the league not how they will do on draft day.

also note this is not posted on the site yet, i wanted to give my peeps in the forum the first look, any feedback welcomed.

1) WR Calvin Johnson ~ Georgia Tech

2) OT Joe Thomas ~ Wisconsin

3) DE Adam Carriker ~ Nebraska

4) RB Adrian Peterson ~ Oklahoma

5) QB Brady Quinn ~ Notre Dame

6) DE Gaines Adams ~ Clemson

7) QB Jamarcus Russell ~ LSU

8) DE Jamaal Anderson ~ Arkansas

9) DB LaRon Landry ~ LSU

10) OT Levi Brown ~ Penn State

11) DT Alan Branch ~ Michigan

12) DB Reggie Nelson ~ Florida

13) RB Marshawn Lynch ~ California

14) CB Chris Houston ~ Arkansas

15) WR Dwayne Bowe ~ LSU

16) OT Tony Ugoh ~ Arkansas

17) CB Josh Wilson ~ Maryland

18) DE Charles Johnson ~ Georgia

19) OT Joe Staley ~ Central Michigan

20) LB Paul Posluzsny ~ Penn State

21) DT Amobi Okoye ~ Louisville

22) LB Lawrence Timmons ~ Florida State

23) WR Anthony Gonzalez ~ Ohio State

24) LB Anthony Spencer ~ Purdue

25) LB Jon Beason ~ Miami

26) CB Darrelle Revis ~ Pittsburgh

27) WR Dwayne Jarrett ~ USC

28) LB Patrick Willis ~ Mississippi

29) DT Brandon Mebane ~ California

30) WR Sidney Rice ~ South Carolina

31) LB Lamarr Woodley ~ Michigan

32) DB Michael Griffin ~ Texas

Bitonti you jerk, there's no way Carriker is going to get picked 3rd overall.

LOL

just to give that slot some context, it wasn't too long ago I had Merriman at 3 on the big board. I don't know that Carriker will have Merriman's level of pass rush impact but like Merriman he's got big time written all over him.

Wow you really have Ugoh and Wilson rated that highly? Can't say I agree with that. Out of curiosity, what make you think so highly of them?

That might be a little high for Carriker but he is a beast so I don't question that.

IMO Okoye will be a beast for some 4-3 team. I would put him top 10.

I am happy to see someone else ranking Houston that highly. I really like the kid and think he'll be a very good CB. Wouldn't mind the Jets taking him if they don't get a FA corner.

Also, on a side note, what do you think about Ikaika Alama-Francis out of Hawaii? I know he had that bicep (or some arm muscle) injury but he seems to have very good measurables to play 3-4 DE. He is 6'4 290lbs and runs a low 4.78 and high 4.86. Also, Hawaii ran the 3-4 this season so he has experience. I think he could be a great alternative if Carriker is not available.

Wow you really have Ugoh and Wilson rated that highly? Can't say I agree with that. Out of curiosity, what make you think so highly of them?

Ugoh can be a servicable LT, that's worth it's weight in gold. Wilson is rumored to run a 4.29, you can teach technique you can't teach speed.

Also, on a side note, what do you think about Ikaika Alama-Francis out of Hawaii? I know he had that bicep (or some arm muscle) injury but he seems to have very good measurables to play 3-4 DE. He is 6'4 290lbs and runs a low 4.78 and high 4.86. Also, Hawaii ran the 3-4 this season so he has experience. I think he could be a great alternative if Carriker is not available.

could be a great 3-4 player who has excellent workout numbers - unfortunately he never really produced all that well at Hawaii, he's more potential than anything else at this point... i like him as a mid - to - late round sleeper but not before that-

could be a great 3-4 player who has excellent workout numbers - unfortunately he never really produced all that well at Hawaii, he's more potential than anything else at this point... i like him as a mid - to - late round sleeper but not before that-

They're not quite the same position, but a 3-4 DE is similar to a 4-3 DT, and he has comparable numbers to Brandon Mebane and has better measurables.

Why do you put Mebane in your top 32 and Alama-Francis as a mid to late round sleeper?

I actually think with a great workout he could sneak into the 1st, but he'd be a great pick up in the 2nd round at this point.

They're not quite the same position, but a 3-4 DE is similar to a 4-3 DT, and he has comparable numbers to Brandon Mebane and has better measurables.

Why do you put Mebane in your top 32 and Alama-Francis as a mid to late round sleeper?

I actually think with a great workout he could sneak into the 1st, but he'd be a great pick up in the 2nd round at this point.

the fact that francis got an invite to e/w and mebane got an invite to sb tells you right there they are different levels of prospects. the e/w is basically the rounds 3-5 bowl while Senior bowl will have first and second rounders in there. There aren't a whole lot of players that parlay an e/w appearance into a first round pick.

also everyone has been bashing my ranking of mebane like im smoking crack or something...

here's something people don't talk about - this guy was absolutely dominant in Mobile, the most dominating defensive lineman in town besides Carriker. i don't need to listen to what everyone else thinks, ill see it with my own eyes. Mebane is a player, he can be a very good rotational DT in either 4-3 or 3-4.

As for Francis im not a buyer because he's got all that great size/speed ratio but very little production on the field to back it up - not to mention he has another prospect on the other DE position making his life easier - hes the type of player that could be great but isn't great right now - the injury won't help his stock because he won't be able to lift - core strength is a concern, when he can't lift that's not a good thing -

you could easily say well bitonti where's Mebane's production, my only response is that you can't really judge DT by stats but you can judge DE to a certain extent.

thanks for the feedback

Ugoh can be a servicable LT, that's worth it's weight in gold. Wilson is rumored to run a 4.29, you can teach technique you can't teach speed.

I agree for the most part... but didnt J Cotch get taught better speed last offseason?

Obviously it wont be a HUGE difference but it is possible...

Here is a first draft of top 32 players by Draft Daddy.

Note that this is NOT a reflection of draft status or stock.

So please don't look at this list and say hey bitonti you jerk, So and So won't be picked where you are projecting him - again, this is not a projection or mock draft.

This is a ranking of the top 32 players regardless of draft status, based on how they will do in the league not how they will do on draft day.

also note this is not posted on the site yet, i wanted to give my peeps in the forum the first look, any feedback welcomed.

Lets say the Jets needed a receiver...would anyone else be pissed if they took ANTHONY GONZALEZ before TED GINN JR.?

Gonzo is a great posession guy, but he doesn't have the upside of Ginn. Ginn isn't even listed in the 1st round, (which is fine) but don't list Gonzo in the first round.

the fact that francis got an invite to e/w and mebane got an invite to sb tells you right there they are different levels of prospects. the e/w is basically the rounds 3-5 bowl while Senior bowl will have first and second rounders in there. There aren't a whole lot of players that parlay an e/w appearance into a first round pick.

also everyone has been bashing my ranking of mebane like im smoking crack or something...

here's something people don't talk about - this guy was absolutely dominant in Mobile, the most dominating defensive lineman in town besides Carriker. i don't need to listen to what everyone else thinks, ill see it with my own eyes. Mebane is a player, he can be a very good rotational DT in either 4-3 or 3-4.

As for Francis im not a buyer because he's got all that great size/speed ratio but very little production on the field to back it up - not to mention he has another prospect on the other DE position making his life easier - hes the type of player that could be great but isn't great right now - the injury won't help his stock because he won't be able to lift - core strength is a concern, when he can't lift that's not a good thing -

you could easily say well bitonti where's Mebane's production, my only response is that you can't really judge DT by stats but you can judge DE to a certain extent.

thanks for the feedback

Mebane just might be a NT too. I remember watching a few Cal games to see Lynch, and was actually more impressed with Mebane on defense. He takes on double teams, and beats them, even making tackles behind the LOS when doubled up.

Mebane just might be a NT too. I remember watching a few Cal games to see Lynch, and was actually more impressed with Mebane on defense. He takes on double teams, and beats them, even making tackles behind the LOS when doubled up.

Mebane was sensational in his jr. year at Cal. He gets double & triple-teammed, but still has the ability to penetrate. I think he'll go in the 2nd round. I'd also love the Jets to pick his LB teammate Bishop. That guy is a hitter.

Lets say the Jets needed a receiver...would anyone else be pissed if they took ANTHONY GONZALEZ before TED GINN JR.?

Gonzo is a great posession guy, but he doesn't have the upside of Ginn. Ginn isn't even listed in the 1st round, (which is fine) but don't list Gonzo in the first round.

this isn't a mock draft it's a top 32

in the DD mock draft we have Ginn going in the teens. on this list i'd rather take Gonzo than Ginn and the reason why is that Gonzo is twice the receiver and almost as fast. word around the campfire, Anthony Gonzolez could run a 4.3 that's top 32 speed if true

I agree for the most part... but didnt J Cotch get taught better speed last offseason?

Obviously it wont be a HUGE difference but it is possible...

indeed you are right cotch did work his butt off and go from 4.5 to 4.4 - note cotch with all his college production was a 3rd round pick with a great work ethic - most of these guys get slower not faster. if josh wilson can run a 4.2whatever that's another level of speed.

this isn't a mock draft it's a top 32

in the DD mock draft we have Ginn going in the teens. on this list i'd rather take Gonzo than Ginn and the reason why is that Gonzo is twice the receiver and almost as fast. word around the campfire, Anthony Gonzolez could run a 4.3 that's top 32 speed if true

That's crazy, I dind't know Gonzo was that fast. Stranger that I"m a bucs fan...hmm. I liked him a lot, actually more than Ginn, just never thought he was actually better. Who knows, he could be the next Hines Ward then.

Im surprised to see Jarrett that low.

USC wr has a great WR tradition, dating from Mike Williams to Khery Colbert to Kareem Kelly to Keyshawn Johnson all the way back to Curtis Conway.

let's be real Dwayne Jarrett is lucky to make my list at all. I pretty much loathe myself for putting him on the list as it is.

that's it he's going off! no soup for you!

We get beaten down like mules in cyberspace whenever we don't rank Jarrett real high, as fans seem to LOVE Dwayne Jarrett.

But we've gotten quotes from insiders in the draft media and actual NFL scouts that think he's a "possession" receiver, suited for a west coast offense.

For all the slobering Brent Musburger was doing over Jarrett, Keyshawn Johnson was correct when he said Jarrett is taking a huge risk leaving early -- Keyshawn also mentioned Jarrett is skinny and was stymied by talented CB's at U.S.C.

We aren't saying he won't be a good player, but it's purely silly to go with the flock and project him as a top 10 pick, until he runs well.....Some think his speed could surprise people (in a negative way -- 4.6-something?).

We'll see, but don't be surprised if he comes up with a "very minor" injury at the Combine, so he can back out of running....He'll probably just run at U.S.C..

USC wr has a great WR tradition, dating from Mike Williams to Khery Colbert to Kareem Kelly to Keyshawn Johnson all the way back to Curtis Conway.

let's be real Dwayne Jarrett is lucky to make my list at all. I pretty much loathe myself for putting him on the list as it is.

that's it he's going off! no soup for you!

LSU's wr's havent exactly lit the league up either.

We get beaten down like mules in cyberspace whenever we don't rank Jarrett real high, as fans seem to LOVE Dwayne Jarrett.

But we've gotten quotes from insiders in the draft media and actual NFL scouts that think he's a "possession" receiver, suited for a west coast offense.

For all the slobering Brent Musburger was doing over Jarrett, Keyshawn Johnson was correct when he said Jarrett is taking a huge risk leaving early -- Keyshawn also mentioned Jarrett is skinny and was stymied by talented CB's at U.S.C.

We aren't saying he won't be a good player, but it's purely silly to go with the flock and project him as a top 10 pick, until he runs well.....Some think his speed could surprise people (in a negative way -- 4.6-something?).

We'll see, but don't be surprised if he comes up with a "very minor" injury at the Combine, so he can back out of running....He'll probably just run at U.S.C..

you guys have the best site out there - and it's free. i love the effort and objectivity you put into the site. you were the first one's who talked up cutler and this year it looks like you were right on carriker.

what do you think of patrick willis? he could be available when the jets draft. he looks like a 3-4 ILB but is he a mangini type guy?

Thanks a million for the nice words Fo Block....

Sometimes, it seems, the writers that write for the pay sites have to "contrive" a problem or crisis......So they go after the senior stars that stayed in school and "nitpik" every little flaw.

They did this with Leinart in 2006....He's got a weak arm, ect...All B.S! If Leinart stays focused on football (which isn't a given), he'll be fine.

Anyway, I told Bitonti at the begining of the year that some Seniors will be "bashed", but don't believe the non sense until those player prove they can't play....

Carikker is one, LeRon Landry is another, Gaines Adams is another, as are Paul Poz and Patrick Willis at LB....

Folks can "nitpik" Willis' flaws, as he's not a classic workout warrior that will wow draftniks....But he Kind of fits the mold of a Baltimore linebackers -- real intense, real tough. Instictive. Smart on the field....And a good athlete to boot. As junior, some said he was Ray Lewis (less speed; but more size)....

Would be a nice fit for the Jets, I think.

Word. Jarrett is gonna have big time growing pains in the NFL. He's no Roy Williams.

Put my in that group. Jarret doesn't look very fast to me. I'm sure he'll be okay, but I just didn't see much burst from him in the games I saw.

Thanks men. This is from the Los Angeles Times, early January, and it's consisitent with what we've been told about Jarrett:

[Jarrett] doesn't have the luxury of time. The NFL requires that he make his decision by Jan. 15, so the clock is ticking. If he were to come out early, Jarrett would be among the top three or four receivers in the draft and, several informed sources say, he could be selected around the middle of the first round.

A top scout for an NFC team said that Jarrett's stock isn't likely to improve dramatically if he stays another season and that "it's hard not to like a guy that's 6-5 who can run after the catch."

The scout, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Jarrett could blend into just about any style of pro offense, even though he doesn't have the route-running precision or blistering speed of some other elite receivers.

By the way, Jarrett is a terrific possession receiver -- great hands....and the term "possession receiver" should not be viewed as a put down -- ask the Patriots how they like Jabbar Gaffney and Troy B. vs. a speedster like Rech Caldwell :Nuts:

Again, the questions will come up "if" he runs slower than expected....and, as Keyshawn Johnson noted, how will a skinny Jarrett fair once he faces more physical corners in the N.F.L.?

Arkansas' strong CB Chris Houston basically shut him out early in the season.

Archived