Official JN Poll: Are you Happy With the Thomas Jones Trade?

Smizzy

Official JN Poll: Are you Happy With the Thomas Jones Trade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Official JN Poll: Are you Happy With the Thomas Jones Trade?

• Yes
    • No

Solid and necessary move by our increasingly impressive FO. We picked a good, consistent RB for very little in return. I'm very happy. We'll finally have a running game that we'll demand respect, which will also do wonders for Chad's play action pass.

Move down thirty spots for a one year stop-gap?

Hell no, I am not on board with this one. This reeks of Doug Jolley.

His best 3 years have been the last 3 years and he's had 2 1,000-yard seasons in a row. He'll probably be around for more than a year.

I think it's a decent move, but it all depends on how Jones reacts. How Washington reacts and how the team reacts.

If Washington rarely plays and is gone in a few years because as everybody knows, Jones does not like sharing the load, then it really depends on how the team does

I mean, one of the biggest reasons Jones is out of Chicago is because he does not like sharing the load. He's also out of chicago cause he's probably gonna demand big money. Something Chicago doesn't seem to give. So they kept Benson who has proven he still can't handle the load in the NFL.

If Jones matures and can share the load for 2-3 years, then it might be a great move if the team improves. But if he pulls the same stunts or even worse, since his big money days will probably be behind him, then what did the Jets really get as people brag about?

Clemmons, a guy who needs help fighting for the second string QB job so far.

Jones, who if he whines and pouts like in Chicago get a RB who might not care to play anymore..

For me, it really comes down to does it improve the Jets next year and does it improve them for the next 2-3 years?

He might improve the running game but as I've stated before, the Jets defense stinks. People can say what they want about the players, but the fact is, the Jets defense finished in the bottom of the NFL last year. The jets never made stops at the end of halves or games. They couldn't stop the rush and they really couldn't stop the pass.

If they improve the defense in the draft, then I'd be happy. But if they go out, draft more OL and offensive players and don't address the defensive needs, then i will not like the trade at all. Yeah JOnes might improve the RB position a little, but at the end of the day, if that defense still stinks, Chad P is not a QB who can bring the team back from the dead. He is not a QB who will throw 4 tds in a game. And Thomas JOnes isn't a RB who will get 30 TDs in a season.

His best 3 years have been the last 3 years and he's had 2 1,000-yard seasons in a row. He'll probably be around for more than a year.

If he's around for more than a year, then it means we signed a 29-year old running back to a big extension, which makes it even worse. Been there, done that, and it wasn't pretty.

I think he'll be around for at least 2 years, likely 3.

Lets hope we get lucky like the Pats did, and a Maroney falls into our laps so we find a long term answer at RB in a year or so.

A decent trade. Not great, but barring a Peterson trade up, this was probably our best option for 2007.

Curtis Martin, who basically wil be a HOF, a JET for many years, was injured, was getting older and they screwed that mess up last year.

So after barlow, suggs, and everybody else last year, they go out and sign a 29 year old RB.... Hey, it's nice if he can play 3-4 years because I bet he demands a big contract and probably one of the reasons he came to NY was they promised some long term big money contract.

Maybe he will stay and play great for 3-4 years, but after the whole mess they went through with Martin because they refused to look at reality, this move seeks of desperation.

Yeah Jones is a nice player. But he's nothing special.

we totally worked over the pubic bears

only thing that worries me is that he has been in the league for 7 years now, how much longer does he have 3 years at the most? hes going to want a big contract too. youd like to get an rb to devolop with kellen as well.

This guy is not the answer,I still think we need to go young at RB not an old guy that 2 years from now will be done or will want more money then be done with a big pay off.I know alot of guys like this pick,but think long term not year by year Rb's it will get us nowhere.I just feel we can do better in the draft is all I'm saying jmho.

bump for The Big Green Douche to weigh in on.

Anytime you can add a running back that AVERAGED 1250 yards for the last two years on a woeful offense for what amounts to a third or fourth round pick, you do it, especially considering what our running game was like last year. After all, no one killed the Barlow trade and we got him for a fourth.

Plus, its not like Jones' age is that big a factor, considering the low number of carries he has had throughout his career.

Anytime you can add a running back that AVERAGED 1250 yards for the last two years on a woeful offense for what amounts to a third or fourth round pick, you do it, especially considering what our running game was like last year. After all, no one killed the Barlow trade and we got him for a fourth.

Plus, its not like Jones' age is that big a factor, considering the low number of carries he has had throughout his career.

Not many killed the Barlow trade because we all knew we needed a RB after it was learned that CuMar would not be returning. We were still in that position until yesterday.

90% approval rate is a good indication of how most view this trade.

Totally agree Douche.. Not to mention it seems like everyone on this board is forgetting if we don't sign him to a contract extension we can send him back to Chicago. THAT WAS PART OF THE TRADE...

Comparing Doug Jolley and Thomas Jones is silly. Jolley was a career # 2 tight end no matter how you look at it. Jones will start this season from day 1, and RB is a million times more important than TE. I'll take 2 quality years from a RB of his caliber for the small price we paid. Not much risk, high reward. With Jones, we know what we're getting, and I think you are underselling what Jones can bring to the table. The draft is a crap shoot, and through it all, we still have two 2nd-round picks to play with.

What could we have gotten with that pick 26 spots up that would have been significantly better than Jones?

This was a great trade, we get a 1000 yard RB and still have two 2nd round picks...

Chicago got screwed by Tangini here... and I like it.

We also got a runningback who played every game the year they went to the SB. ( THIS YEAR )

Archived