Barnes a Jet!

MSGold12

Accoridng to the team site.

Good move. This is the Lo neal type that Schotty had in SD and will be an asset to the running game.

Jones, Washington, Barnes, Houston and Tutt. Each guy brings somehting different to the table. Jones will be the grind it out, wear down the D work horse runner. Leon the electric change of pace back. Ced the short yardgare specialst. Barnes the devistating hole opener. Tutt the "Richie Anderson", running/catching big FB.

If our OL improves, this should be a very good group.

Good move. This is the Lo neal type that Schotty had in SD and will be an asset to the running game.

Jones, Washington, Barnes, Houston and Tutt. Each guy brings somehting different to the table. Jones will be the grind it out, wear down the D work horse runner. Leon the electric change of pace back. Ced the short yardgare specialst. Barnes the devistating hole opener. Tutt the "Richie Anderson", running/catching big FB.

Sounds good to me.

anyone have any bio or a video clip on him? I don't know much about him. is he truly a good lead blocker like lo neal?

6'2", 240. Punishing lead blocker. Started 10 games for Dallas in 2005 (but got hurt and was let go). Strated at FB for Miami last year.

This is the closest thing we have had to Tony paige since, well...Tony paige.

Say what you want about Becht - but since his departure there was a difference in protection and open gaps. Maybe this guy can fill the role. We have more than enough guys that can catch Chad's 7 yard ropes.

I was checking out his bio on nflplayers.com and came across an interview they did, this is my favorite response to one of the questions:

What is your favorite food?

Stuffing

How can you not love this guy! Welcome home Mr.Barnes, please lay some punishing blocks for years to come.

btw, in case you want to read the interview (it's pretty bare bones though): http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=33965&section=qa

Fully agreed! Great move for sure. I'd love to see them keep Hodgins around too for insurance if they can. The guy is a beast and he has had some time to rest (he was playing hurt last year) and absorb the playbook a bit more. That may be one too many to keep around though unless they could keep someone on the practice squad. I think the rest of them will work out fine ... I'm just a bit greedy and I'd like to keep the guy around.

How are his receiving skills? We all know how much Chad likes to dump off to fullbacks on flats....does he catch/run the ball at all or is he just a blocker?

Finally!:)

I've been saying for quite some time that the best thing for our running game would be a good lead blocker. Now we seem to have one.

I have a lot of appreciation for those old school, tough FB's who'll bash through the D-line like a battering ram and open things up for the RB's.

As for pass catching...tell CP to find another target. He's suposed to be a bright QB. He'll figure it out.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Darian Barnes (born February 28, 1980 in Toms River, New Jersey) is an American football fullback who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the Miami Dolphins, and collegiately at Hampton.

He was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Hampton University by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and also played for the Dallas Cowboys. He attended Toms River High School North and played for the Pop Warner Atlantic City Dolphins. One of his hobbies is writing comic books.

Hey, anyone who reads, makes great tackles & likes to write is good enough for me!

Archived