TE at 25th

Pragmatic Bus

every single mock draft i look now have changed there jets picks and have them taking greg olsen from miami. i love greg olsen but first i doubt he will be available. second jets dont include TEs in to their passing plays. and chris baker is not a bad pass catcher. i wont be against that pick but do we need him or do we want him. discuss......

Want no parts of him. He wasn't in the greatest situation in Miami but didn't do much to help himself, I've heard that he struggles with drops (correct me if I'm wrong). We don't need a 1st round TE unless he's elite and Olsen is not that. We also have to many other greater needs than to go with a luxery pick like Olsen would be for us. Baker is above average and can get the job done.

well he is an elite TE. at 6-6 he ran 4.5. and we could use him but. our offence doesnot allow TEs to really flourish

I disagree that he is an elite TE. I don't think he's anywhere near the class of the Vernon Davis/Kellen Winslow Jr. type prospects. He was considered by many to be a 2nd round TE until that 40 time and that doesn't scream elite to me.

Since I don't see it as a big need, he'd have to be without question the BPA to warrent a selection. I don't see anyway possible he could be that at pick 25.

Greg Olsen could be a star in our system..

Chad needs a big body like him to throw to..

Chad's stregnth is getting the ball out quick, and Olsen could really improve the short passing game..

Also the Jets were AWFUL in the redzone last year.. If Chad has a 6-6 target to lob the ball to we will improve in that regard

If Olsen is there we take him..

If he's not..

Blaylock

I disagree that he is an elite TE. I don't think he's anywhere near the class of the Vernon Davis/Kellen Winslow Jr. type prospects. He was considered by many to be a 2nd round TE until that 40 time and that doesn't scream elite to me.

Since I don't see it as a big need, he'd have to be without question the BPA to warrent a selection. I don't see anyway possible he could be that at pick 25.

He really would be a steal

You have to understand that he really was put in a bad situation at the U

He was a 5 star recruit.. great athlete.. Just had no QB, and a bad head coach.

every single mock draft i look now have changed there jets picks and have them taking greg olsen from miami. i love greg olsen but first i doubt he will be available. second jets dont include TEs in to their passing plays. and chris baker is not a bad pass catcher. i wont be against that pick but do we need him or do we want him. discuss......

Depends who else is there. If he's the BAP I don't have a problem with it, but if Carriker or one of the DTs is there I think people might be jumping off buildings.

There are six or so WRs that could go in the first round. The more that go ahead of the Jets the better. I would l not take Jarrett or Olsen because I think they have needs elsewhere but I worry about the CBs - its a hard position to play in the NFL. Even Hall and Houston, the best ones, are riskier than, say, Blalock. But if Houston is there then he is absolutely the guy I would take. But I dont think he will there.

Want no parts of him. He wasn't in the greatest situation in Miami but didn't do much to help himself, I've heard that he struggles with drops (correct me if I'm wrong).

He did have several key drops last season. I also dont think much of him as a blocker, and didnt see a lot of passion for the game from him. But as i mentioned previously, it is difficult to assess him because there was an across the board lack of productivity on the offense the past couple of years, and also a general malaise under coker, which no longer exists under Shannon.

He could turn out to be a good player now that the money is on the table, but I'd rather draft an OL guy. He was not as good as Shockey, or Winslow, or Franks.

well if we dont want him and he is available. should we trade down and pick up more picks for next year

teams like chicago and phillies would love to have him

I would only trade with the phillies if we could get Ryan Howard in return to play QB. The guy has a real strong arm, a homerun hitter, knows how to connect for the long ball.

when the miami coaches saw greg olsen for the first time in training camp they said he would be better than shockey now thats saying something.

If Jarrett and Olsen were both there at #25 which one would you prefer?

olsen then meachem if were going offence. jarret is kinda project. he struggles against press coverage and is a horrible blocker

He did have several key drops last season. I also dont think much of him as a blocker, and didnt see a lot of passion for the game from him. But as i mentioned previously, it is difficult to assess him because there was an across the board lack of productivity on the offense the past couple of years, and also a general malaise under coker, which no longer exists under Shannon.

He could turn out to be a good player now that the money is on the table, but I'd rather draft an OL guy. He was not as good as Shockey, or Winslow, or Franks.

i disagree. he has the passion. and even TO drops the football. plus he has the pedigree

I would only trade with the phillies if we could get Ryan Howard in return to play QB. The guy has a real strong arm, a homerun hitter, knows how to connect for the long ball.

:bag:

You actually think Belly would pass on a TE?

One mock I've seen has us taking Zach Miller...A TE I've never heard of

Another has Olsen gone to the Pats right before we nab Paul Posluszny, a good chance here if he lasts I've read he's a Bruschi type guy and I'm sure Mangini would love to replace Barton with him.

A third has us Grabbing Lawrence Timmons a pure pass rushing OLB. The second draft had him being grabbed by the Steelers much earlier.

I think the likelyhood of us going offence is low at least in the first round. I think if both Posluszny and Timmons are off the board and the FO is not sold on some of the later first round CB's we'll grab Blalock a little early because he will not last pass the Ravens.

[url=http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/431421]

i disagree. he has the passion. and even TO drops the football. plus he has the pedigree

:bag:

That's cool. I see him more as a mercenary, who may raise his game when the money is on the table.

Marcus Vick has pedigree, too.

No te @ 25.. NO NO NO NO NO... repeat after me: NO TE at 25, NO TE at 25

history shows us as ateam that should NEVER EVER EVER draft a TE in the 1st round EVER again-please guy do NOT draft Olsen at 25-he ain't that good and it would be a wasted pick since we'd only throw the ball to him maybe twice a game-at most

That's cool. I see him more as a mercenary, who may raise his game when the money is on the table.

Marcus Vick has pedigree, too.

every player plays for the money. very few play for the game

You actually think Belly would pass on a TE?

One mock I've seen has us taking Zach Miller...A TE I've never heard of

Another has Olsen gone to the Pats right before we nab Paul Posluszny, a good chance here if he lasts I've read he's a Bruschi type guy and I'm sure Mangini would love to replace Barton with him.

A third has us Grabbing Lawrence Timmons a pure pass rushing OLB. The second draft had him being grabbed by the Steelers much earlier.

I think the likelyhood of us going offence is low at least in the first round. I think if both Posluszny and Timmons are off the board and the FO is not sold on some of the later first round CB's we'll grab Blalock a little early because he will not last pass the Ravens.

you've never heard of zack miller? nuff said!

i'm not talking about just any mock draft.

i'm talk about the mock draft on nfl.com and newyorkjets.com

Once again... NO!!!

We HAVE our recieving TE in Chris Baker. The problem is we do not have a blocking TE who can stay in on passing situations which means more often then not Baker has to stay in and block and cannot get out into the flat. We must find a blocking TE and we can find one either in Free Agency or on Day 2 of the draft. Possibly Pociask or maybe Sean Ryan can be used more this sesaon... time will tell but we do not need Greg Olsen.

well he is an elite TE. at 6-6 he ran 4.5. and we could use him but. our offence doesnot allow TEs to really flourish

I think the right TE can definitely flourish in this offensive system. Remember, Schottenheimer ran thew same offense in San Diego and the TE out there was one of the most productive players in the league.

That said, I agree with the vast majority of others.

We have more pressing needs than TE, never mind spending another 1st round pick on one.

Archived