Jets Preseason Schedule Announced

Maxman

Jets' Preseason Schedule Announced

Published: 04-02-07

randy_lange81x63.jpg?1173990655

By Randy Lange

Editor-in-Chief

change font email article

The New York Jets' preseason schedule announced Monday has a familiar feel, from two former teammates the Green & White will be running into the first two weeks to the two familiar opponents the last two weeks to the three games being played in the Meadowlands. It includes a nationally televised game to boot.

In the summer opener, quarterback Michael Vick, defensive end John Abraham and the Atlanta Falcons come in on the weekend of Aug. 9-13. Abraham was traded to the Falcons a year ago ultimately for the 29th overall pick of the draft that was used to select starting center Nick Mangold. The last time the Falcons visited the Jets, it was for the 2001 preseason opener, which also was Herm Edwards' debut as Gang Green coach. The Falcons prevailed, 20-10.

Game 2 brings another NFC foe to the Meadowlands and with it the Fox TV crew for a national game between the Jets and Minnesota Vikings. The game will be played Friday, Aug. 17, with an 8 p.m. kickoff. QB Brooks Bollinger, traded to the Vikes on Aug. 31, could see a decent amount of action as he duels with Tarvaris Jackson to run the offense of second-year head coach Brad Childress.

In the traditional third preseason position, the Jets face their stadium mates, the New York Giants, the weekend of Aug. 23-27. This year it's the Giants' home game, and they've taken control of the summer series recently. After the Jets had won nine straight, the Giants have taken the last two

Well at least we get to see where $420 worth of season ticket payments are getting wasted. I feel much better now.

$420? How many tickets do you own DNA?

$75 a piece in 124 and with 2 tickets thats $300 down the drain for the Falcons & Vikings. Woot woot!:character42:

$420? How many tickets do you own DNA?

$75 a piece in 124 and with 2 tickets thats $300 down the drain for the Falcons & Vikings. Woot woot!:character42:

2 mezz tix @ $105 each = $210 per game * 2 games = $420. For meaningless pre-season crap, that is daylight robbery. Is 124 still $75? That seems like a bargain.

2 mezz tix @ $105 each = $210 per game * 2 games = $420. For meaningless pre-season crap, that is daylight robbery. Is 124 still $75? That seems like a bargain.

Still $75? It just went up from 70 to 75 last month!

That sucks DNA, I feel for ya bro as I only pay for my one ticket, my father or friends pay for the other.

Still $75? It just went up from 70 to 75 last month!

That sucks DNA, I feel for ya bro as I only pay for my one ticket, my father or friends pay for the other.

I don't have a problem paying for tickets to actual, meaningful games. As you know, I will also follow my team to road games. My problem is the principle of ripping off your fans and charging them full price for a meaningless product. It's like buying a case of beer and having 4 bottles half empty because they are the pre-season beers. All teams in all sports pull this crap (except baseball) and it is a blatant extortion of the consumer. Just because the players are wearing Jets jerseys doesn't make it a Jets game, when most of the players will be working in construction jobs 2 weeks after the game.

I don't have a problem paying for tickets to actual, meaningful games. As you know, I will also follow my team to road games. My problem is the principle of ripping off your fans and charging them full price for a meaningless product. It's like buying a case of beer and having 4 bottles half empty because they are the pre-season beers. All teams in all sports pull this crap (except baseball) and it is a blatant extortion of the consumer. Just because the players are wearing Jets jerseys doesn't make it a Jets game, when most of the players will be working in construction jobs 2 weeks after the game.

True. You better be coming to New England or Baltimore next season.

I agree I at least go for a half or just for a night out and watching some football. Clemens better get some serious reps this preseason and not just handing off to joe schoes

Exactly, we have waited 8 months to see them play, might as well make the most of it.

Plus the commute is easy.

I usually end up taking someone who doesn't like football, but is in for a good time.

BZ

that is priceless!

POTW NOM

Have the Jets always charged for preseason games?

The Pats have done that since I've had season tickets (1992).

I'm proud to say that I haven't been to a preseason game since they opened Gillette Stadium.

Last year I gave my tickets to the mailman at work as well as the UPS guy.

You couldn't pay me to go to a preseason game.

I'm proud to say that I haven't been to a preseason game since they opened Gillette Stadium.

With my preseason tickets I usually give them away to people that would not ordinarily get to a game-like a co worker and their nephews and or nieces.

I like seeing the rookies during the preseason games. I had a blast at the Tampa game last year. Granted the game didn't matter, but at least it was cool hanging around with a bunch of fellow Jets fans. It really sucks sometimes living away from the tri state area.

Anything Jets related is better than the alternatives...

The Jets never had a mandatory charge until a year or two before Leon Hess died. Even if I wanted to go to the games, the thought of fighting Friday traffic for a pickup game is mentally exhausting. I can afford the $105 a ticket, but it's the principle of being forced to buy the tix for games that I don't want that pisses me off. In any other industry this would be considered extortion. The Sopranos couldn't pull this off any better.

Archived