33 Dead in VT school shooting

shawn306

Oh, and, if all the parents here or non-parents arguing or whatever here believe its the internet, think again. You wanna pay attention to something? Pay attention to the crowd of kids your kids hang out with. Meet them first or something, make your own evaulation on them and try to keep track on the things they do, say, heck, even the smells of them when they come in at night. Check out your kid or kids' friends, not the damn internet, unless your kid doesn't have many or no friends.

Well put dude, very well put. Im not long out of HS just like you, and i agree 100%. The kids may not like you checking their friends out, but its worth it, trust me. The best kids in the world get in the wrong crowds, and it has nothing to do what they look at on the internet.

Im not sure if all this stuff came from the shooting, or whatever, but i do want to say my prayers go out to everyone at Va Tech, students, families, staff, the whole nine yards. I cannot fathom, nor do i want to, what it would be like if i was in that situation. Its a sickening tragedy that i really can't find the right words to describe. Again, thoughts and prayers to the whole university.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll assume he is me here johnny. perhaps you're right. I don't mean to come off as patronizing and can see how you think I come off as condescending jerk. seriously, you're prolly right & I am being an ass about how non parents have no god given rights to speak about parenting. I apologize to you for coming off that way & will do my utmost in the future to avoid sounding like an ass on any parenting topic. much respect to you johnny & I hope a day comes when we can get together & drink a cold one :cheers:

you live in a warm climate-- how dare you speak to me about cold????

;)

This is a very tragic moment and right now is really not the time to be discussing the why. A terrible thing has happened, people are dead and families are greatly affected forever. We should be offering condolences and sympathy to the families for at least the first day. Don't lose sight of the innocent victims by focusing on the morons. The morons will be the focus for too long a time as it is.

This is a very tragic moment and right now is really not the time to be discussing the why. A terrible thing has happened, people are dead and families are greatly affected forever. We should be offering condolences and sympathy to the families for at least the first day. Don't lose sight of the innocent victims by focusing on the morons. The morons will be the focus for too long a time as it is.

Good post. Really good post.

i'm concerned about the why. don't want some jagoff killing my kid when s/he eventually is in college. i also want to make sure my brat doesn't become said jagoff. that's why i don't really understand the acrimony displayed toward "non-parents." if you truly believe you're raising your kids the right way, seems you'd be happy to tell your side of the story in hopes that future parents will learn from you instead of trying to silence what you view as incorrect.

Well put dude, very well put. Im not long out of HS just like you, and i agree 100%. The kids may not like you checking their friends out, but its worth it, trust me. The best kids in the world get in the wrong crowds, and it has nothing to do what they look at on the internet.

Im not sure if all this stuff came from the shooting, or whatever, but i do want to say my prayers go out to everyone at Va Tech, students, families, staff, the whole nine yards. I cannot fathom, nor do i want to, what it would be like if i was in that situation. Its a sickening tragedy that i really can't find the right words to describe. Again, thoughts and prayers to the whole university.

great post avm. here I am rambling like an idiot & the real words of wisdom come from the youths of this board.

i'm concerned about the why. don't want some jagoff killing my kid when s/he eventually is in college. i also want to make sure my brat doesn't become said jagoff. that's why i don't really understand the acrimony displayed toward "non-parents." if you truly believe you're raising your kids the right way, seems you'd be happy to tell your side of the story in hopes that future parents will learn from you instead of trying to silence what you view as incorrect.

I wasn't saying there should never be a discussion about the why, just that this isn't the time or place. Everyone is the media is going to spend 2 minutes on the families 5 minutes on columbine and 20 minutes and politics and policy when the focus right now shouldn't be on that

now is the perfect time, when the political will to actually make a difference is strongest.

That is sad that when people aren't objective enough to make a rational decision instead of knee-jerk reactions is the only time people will act.

As I posted earlier I am sick and tired of these cowards taking out 10, 15, 20 people because their life sucks.

If your life sucks then just off yourself. Don't take out 20 or 30 innocent people.

I feel for the family of the shooter (not him) and of course the innocent people who died today.

As I posted earlier I am sick and tired of these cowards taking out 10, 15, 20 people because their life sucks.

If your life sucks then just off yourself. Don't take out 20 or 30 innocent people.

I feel for the family of the shooter (not him) and of course the innocent people who died today.

well put. F that arsehole.

This is horrible. I just came home and this is the first I have really heard about this terrible story. My heart goes out to everyone involved. It also scares me because of two reasons..number one I am really concerned with the state of our country and number two this could happen to anyone, including myself since I work in the school system.

Explain to my why we need guns again? The super market provides plenty of food. Other then we have the "right" why do we need guns?

If somebody wants to kill me tomorrow there is nothing stopping them but $100 and a trip to Walmart.

This is horrible. I just came home and this is the first I have really heard about this terrible story. My heart goes out to everyone involved. It also scares me because of two reasons..number one I am really concerned with the state of our country and number two this could happen to anyone, including myself since I work in the school system.

it really is a horrible tragedy. the game of life is defenetly changing. kids no longer fight with their fists. it's gotta be knives & guns. how do we defend ourselves against senseless killings like this? I really feel for everyone even remotely involved

Explain to my why we need guns again? The super market provides plenty of food. Other then we have the "right" why do we need guns?

If somebody wants to kill me tomorrow there is nothing stopping them but $100 and a trip to Walmart.

I'm with you on that.

Its next to impossible here in Mass to legally buy a gun, but if you take the 30 minute ride to New Hampshire or the 40 minute drive to Maine you can buy a gun as long as you are 18 and have a valid drivers license.

As Smizzy posted: Why do we need guns?

I don't wanna get into a debate with the nra supporters but I couldn't agree with you more.

even if it was just shotguns & deer hunting rifles allowed for those who hunt why in the world are automatic weapons & handguns needed?

I know the protection argument is there about handguns in the home but why are they needed when outside the home again?

I'm with you on that.

Its next to impossible here in Mass to legally buy a gun, but if you take the 30 minute ride to New Hampshire or the 40 minute drive to Maine you can buy a gun as long as you are 18 and have a valid drivers license.

As Smizzy posted: Why do we need guns?

Easy. So the British will never tax our tea again.

Bastards.

Don't give me this 'why do we need guns' crap people ok?

I am sick and tired of everytime someone gets shot having to listen to this Anti-Gun crap.

You really want to know why we have the right to carry guns and why the framers of the constitution put the Second Amendment in there? It has nothing to do with hunting and/or providing food. It has everything to do with preventing tyranny from inside, from our own government. It's a check and balance between the government and its citizens.

Knives kill people. Hammers kill people. If someone wants to kill someone, they're going to make it happen. A-Hole drunk drivers and/or habitual suspended drivers get back into their 4000lbs weapon on wheels left and right, because we as a socieity refuse to forfeit the vehicles of repeat offenders. So when they go through court and get their costly slap on the wrist, they head down to the impound yard and get their car back.

You want to come get my gun? Better bring an effing army and air support, because you're not getting it. The .01% of society who do this crap are not going to dictate what the other 99.99% can do.

Bad News People. The world is evil, bad things happen. Today's tragedy was unbelievable, but I'm not going to sit back and let the anti-gun lobby rally around the blood of the victims to further restrict my rights.

This country is dicked. Dicked because people have lost their minds and most of all, dicked because people are unwilling to stand up for anything anymore. Dicked because we as a society have allowed the 4% to dictate what the other 96% can say, do, think, smoke, drink or drive.

you do know that even if guns were banned, illegal ones would still be imported, which in the end guns will never completely disappear. but this all ties into god damn neo-naz'is probably because of hitler and his birthday coming up. can i say that the neo confederates are the same damn thing as neo naz'is. im tired of all these god damn neo naz'is/confederates, HITLER/THE CONFEDERACY DIED! all these damn angsty rammstein dickwads should just retreat to their mother's basement and kill themselves simultaneously.

I am sick and tired of everytime someone gets shot having to listen to this Anti-Gun crap.

You really want to know why we have the right to carry guns and why the framers of the constitution put the Second Amendment in there? It has nothing to do with hunting and/or providing food. It has everything to do with preventing tyranny from inside, from our own government. It's a check and balance between the government and its citizens.

Knives kill people. Hammers kill people. If someone wants to kill someone, they're going to make it happen. A-Hole drunk drivers and/or habitual suspended drivers get back into their 4000lbs weapon on wheels left and right, because we as a socieity refuse to forfeit the vehicles of repeat offenders. So when they go through court and get their costly slap on the wrist, they head down to the impound yard and get their car back.

You want to come get my gun? Better bring an effing army and air support, because you're not getting it. The .01% of society who do this crap are not going to dictate what the other 99.99% can do.

Bad News People. The world is evil, bad things happen. Today's tragedy was unbelievable, but I'm not going to sit back and let the anti-gun lobby rally around the blood of the victim's to further restrict my rights.

This country is dicked. Dicked because people have lost their minds and most of all, dicked because people are unwilling to stand up for anything anymore. Dicked because we as a society have allowed the 4% to dictate what the other 965 can say, do, think, smoke, drink or drive.

ancedotal evidence is given too much credence. all a politico has to do is trot out on 60 minutes the sob story of one poor person getting a raw deal by a statute to get it overturned. the 99.9999% of the people who benefit can go to hell.

you do know that even if guns were banned, illegal ones would still be imported, which in the end guns will never completely disappear. but this all ties into god damn neo-naz'is probably because of hitler and his birthday coming up. can i say that the neo confederates are the same damn thing as neo naz'is. im tired of all these god damn neo naz'is/confederates, HITLER/THE CONFEDERACY DIED! all these damn angsty rammstein dickwads should just retreat to their mother's basement and kill themselves simultaneously.

it's be even tougher to keep guns out of the US (huge land borders, sharing one border with a third world country that has already been shown to be extremely porous) than the british isles. end result=crooks with guns, citizens without. if someone breaks into my house they'll have to get through security bars, a burglar alarm, a german shephard, and if they keep coming, an enraged redneck with a 12 gauge. good luck, bitches.

Bad News People. The world is evil, bad things happen. Today's tragedy was unbelievable, but I'm not going to sit back and let the anti-gun lobby rally around the blood of the victims to further restrict my rights.

This country is dicked. Dicked because people have lost their minds and most of all, dicked because people are unwilling to stand up for anything anymore. Dicked because we as a society have allowed the 4% to dictate what the other 96% can say, do, think, smoke, drink or drive.

Quoted for truth..good post G.O.B.

so gob, reading between the lines tells me there's no wiggle room here on your thoughts about the right to bear arms.

If someone goes into a crowded mall with a knife how many people can he kill before he gets stopped or gets tired? A guy can walk into the mall with a bag full of clips and kill everybody with a gun.

All I'm saying are guns are too available. You maybe qualified to carry a gun and not use it when you get mad. Is the 18 yr old geek at the walmart counter qualified to look at a person and know he isn't going to load that ****ing shotgun up right there and kill everybody he sees?

IT's HARDER TO BUY ALCOHOL THEN IT IS TO BUY A GUN!

Comparing a gun to a knife or a car doesn't work for me. There aren't even close to the same thing.

If someone goes into a crowded mall with a knife how many people can he kill before he gets stopped or gets tired? A guy can walk into the mall with a bag full of clips and kill everybody with a gun.

All I'm saying are guns are too available. You maybe qualified to carry a gun and not use it when you get mad. Is the 18 yr old geek at the walmart counter qualified to look at a person and know he isn't going to load that ****ing shotgun up right there and kill everybody he sees?

IT's HARDER TO BUY ALCOHOL THEN IT IS TO BUY A GUN!

Comparing a gun to a knife or a car doesn't work for me. There aren't even close to the same thing.

i'm on you're side here smizzy, I agree with you.............. unless gob gets like scarey mad about it , then i'm on his side

so gob, reading between the lines tells me there's no wiggle room here on your thoughts about the right to bear arms.

GOB couldnt have said it better. It sucks to see innocent people die but a society left weaponless is a sitting duck. Besides, why should I have to give up my armory because one psycho a year goes on a rampage? You have to look at the bigger picture

and you better bring that same army to get my stuff, that is , if GOB didnt already crush em

Archived