Justin Miller Arrested: MERGED

BP

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the only thing I got out of this opening statement is a huge rationalization of the incident.

Nobody has heard Justin Miller's side of the story yet which is to be expected with charges being filed.

Totally disagree. So far, we have two accounts of the incident. The first one goes something like this:

It's 4 AM in a club, Justin Miller takes a swing at some dude, misses, and ends up landing his fist in a girls face. Justin Miller then runs away, where he is later cornered in a parking garage by the police.

The second story goes like this:

The victim and her friends are walking down the street, when they are confronted by Miller and his friends. Miller makes a lewd comment at the victim, the victim verbally responds, and Miller punches her in the face.

OK, two stories. The second one obviously came from the victim and her friends. The first story came from... where? Let me venture a guess, it came from Miller or one of his friends.

Nobody has heard anything but the account of the girl who claims he hit her and her friends and that Justin ran to a parking garage as if he was trying to avoid the Patriots' coverage team. It was said that he ran from the cops originally but the new account, according to the girl who claims Miller hit her because she wouldn't hook up with him, sounds more like he was running from her friends and then was arrested because of the claims that were made by those outside the club.

"Wouldn't hook up with him"???

You make it sound like he was asking her for a date. OK, let's pretend he was a complete gentleman, and she was impolite in waiving off his request at her hand.

So he punches her in the face?

If people want to make a joke out of it they can, but we are supposed to be a country that gives a person the benefit of the doubt and at the very least wait until we hear the whole story before we hang a guy. Unfortunately we have become a place that has to have everything right away and just jump on something the second we hear it. I

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I think I said in an earlier post, I tried to break up a fight that a friend of mine was in when I was 19 and was struck twice in the face with an aluminum bat and was charged with three counts of Felony C assault which were eventually dropped due to not being true. The point is that I left the scene because I had to be driven to the hospital (the reason I left is irrelevant) and when the police arrived, the kids that hit me with the bat told the cops that it was my friend and I that did everything (one of their friends took a bat to the head from my friend after I was struck). I was subsequently handcuffed to my hospital bed and charged with assault. What I'm saying is that a person being charged and what is said in those charges is not necessarily what happened.

You've had a very tragic experience that you came through and thats a triumphant feeling. I can understand why you feel the empathy you feel for somebody else.

I too know what it's like to be falsely accused of something and to wear a scarlet letter. Unlike you, I wasn't at fortunate and the story didn't have a happy ending. I don't want to get into a personal anecdote about it because nobody would believe me, anyway. But believe me I've been going to counseling for it my whole life.

I can empathize with somebody who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, because I've been on that island.

Now before we go on and on about this I will have to say that we agree to disagree. You seem to have a lot more faith in media accounts than I do and that does not surprise me as I am not very trusting. I always approach situations like this with patience and I do not form judgment until I am aware of ALL that there is to know. You seem to think that we already know enough and I do not think that in the least. Seeing that, there is no way we are going to agree about this. Such is life. One thing that I think we can agree on is that Miller is a big part of their return game which results in field position that is favorable. In that way, I don't think it's a stretch to say that we both hope that you are wrong. Anyway, J-E-T-S ... JETS JETS JETS!!!

Fair enough. We all get to pick and choose what we will and what we won't take with a grain of salt. There is nothing in this case though that would lead me to believe what you believe. You would have me believe that the antagonist in this incident was the victim, Kristin Jarvis. You would have me believe that a Jarvis and another woman, approached and initiated hostilities with Justin Miller and his friends, all men (who know doubt are built like he is).

There is nothing to suggest that this woman did anything wrong, but even if she did, even if she called him every name in the book-

How do you justify him punching her in the face?

Then running away?

Then issuing an apology?

We'll just agree to disagree.

You've had a very tragic experience that you came through and thats a triumphant feeling. I can understand why you feel the empathy you feel for somebody else.

I too know what it's like to be falsely accused of something and to wear a scarlet letter. Unlike you, I wasn't at fortunate and the story didn't have a happy ending. I don't want to get into a personal anecdote about it because nobody would believe me, anyway. But believe me I've been going to counseling for it my whole life.

I can empathize with somebody who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, because I've been on that island.

Now before we go on and on about this I will have to say that we agree to disagree. You seem to have a lot more faith in media accounts than I do and that does not surprise me as I am not very trusting. I always approach situations like this with patience and I do not form judgment until I am aware of ALL that there is to know. You seem to think that we already know enough and I do not think that in the least. Seeing that, there is no way we are going to agree about this. Such is life. One thing that I think we can agree on is that Miller is a big part of their return game which results in field position that is favorable. In that way, I don't think it's a stretch to say that we both hope that you are wrong. Anyway, J-E-T-S ... JETS JETS JETS!!!

Fair enough. We all get to pick and choose what we will and what we won't take with a grain of salt. There is nothing in this case though that would lead me to believe what you believe. You would have me believe that the antagonist in this incident was the victim, Kristin Jarvis. You would have me believe that a Jarvis and another woman, approached and initiated hostilities with Justin Miller and his friends, all men (who know doubt are built like he is).

There is nothing to suggest that this woman did anything wrong, but even if she did, even if she called him every name in the book-

How do you justify him punching her in the face?

Then running away?

Then issuing an apology?

We'll just agree to disagree.

There is just something I need to point out and I'll shut up. The account that the girl gave (Jarvis' friend) said that Miller was in a verbal altercation with their male friend and that Miller took a swing at the guy. I'm not saying that makes it right if that's what happened. I'm just saying that he didn't just walk up and punch a girl and that is taken from her friend's words. Either way, this whole thing sucks and I really do hope that Justin is exonerated because he is a bigger part of this team than a lot of people are giving him credit for. It's nice having a guy that you just know has the potential to take it to the house every time he catches a kick and almost always gets some extra yards. Fingers crossed!

:shutit:

The part of this incident I find the most disturbing, is that it's 4:30 in the am, you know everyone is drunk.

Miller is in an upscale night club, he is a known athlete in NYC. He's leaving the club "With the Boys?" What's up with that?

With his credentials, he would have to have some kind of a social disorder to not score.

There is just something I need to point out and I'll shut up. The account that the girl gave (Jarvis' friend) said that Miller was in a verbal altercation with their male friend and that Miller took a swing at the guy. I'm not saying that makes it right if that's what happened. I'm just saying that he didn't just walk up and punch a girl and that is taken from her friend's words. Either way, this whole thing sucks and I really do hope that Justin is exonerated because he is a bigger part of this team than a lot of people are giving him credit for. It's nice having a guy that you just know has the potential to take it to the house every time he catches a kick and almost always gets some extra yards. Fingers crossed!

:shutit:

I'm simply amazed at the level of rationalization you will go through to defend this behavior. On one hand you say "it doesn't make it right" but on the other, that's exactly what you imply because he was swinging at the guy and accidentally hit the girl.

He was menacing a group of people and then got violent when he didn't get his way.

This is disturbing behavior. It's a shame that this is what I'm cheering for when he "brings it to the house".

The part of this incident I find the most disturbing, is that it's 4:30 in the am, you know everyone is drunk.

Miller is in an upscale night club, he is a known athlete in NYC. He's leaving the club "With the Boys?" What's up with that?

With his credentials, he would have to have some kind of a social disorder to not score.

Exactly. He can't figure it out. He's in the club, acting like an ignoramus, can't get a lady to talk to him, and then after the club closes he decides to menace and insult women who are spoken for. No class, no sophistication. Then he engages in violence when he gets challenged. To top it all off, after physically assaulting somebody, he runs away. Pathetic.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

I'm simply amazed at the level of rationalization you will go through to defend this behavior. On one hand you say "it doesn't make it right" but on the other, that's exactly what you imply because he was swinging at the guy and accidentally hit the girl.

He was menacing a group of people and then got violent when he didn't get his way.

This is disturbing behavior. It's a shame that this is what I'm cheering for when he "brings it to the house".

Exactly. He can't figure it out. He's in the club, acting like an ignoramus, can't get a lady to talk to him, and then after the club closes he decides to menace and insult women who are spoken for. No class, no sophistication. Then he engages in violence when he gets challenged. To top it all off, after physically assaulting somebody, he runs away. Pathetic.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

Of course it's embarrassing, but you honestly expect an NFL player to display class and sophistication? What sport have you been watching? This is not a rationalization for what he did, it is reality. I expect football players to follow the law and be punished when they do not. I don't expect football players to show tact, class and sophistication. Violence is what I expect. That's reality.

Of course it's embarrassing, but you honestly expect an NFL player to display class and sophistication? What sport have you been watching? This is not a rationalization for what he did, it is reality. I expect football players to follow the law and be punished when they do not. I don't expect football players to show tact, class and sophistication. Violence is what I expect. That's reality.

How many players on NFL rosters are 25 and under with a half million already in the bank? A 1000? 500?

One, I doubt the demographics of this attack, differs all the much from the the communities we live in across America.

Two, if this was Justin Miller the Bus driver you all would be ripping him apart for being a piece of crap.

IMHO if you are going to support Justin MIller and rationalize his behavior, you lose all right to bitch and complain about athletes. You are enabling him and athletes that act like dumbasses.

Give Justin his day in court. If found guilty, do not rationalize to soften the blow because your team needs him. That is pathetic. I imagine you would think differently if that was your wife, GF or daughter he hit.

How many players on NFL rosters are 25 and under with a half million already in the bank? A 1000? 500?

One, I doubt the demographics of this attack, differs all the much from the the communities we live in across America.

Two, if this was Justin Miller the Bus driver you all would be ripping him apart for being a piece of crap.

IMHO if you are going to support Justin MIller and rationalize his behavior, you lose all right to bitch and complain about athletes. You are enabling him and athletes that act like dumbasses.

Give Justin his day in court. If found guilty, do not rationalize to soften the blow because your team needs him. That is pathetic. I imagine you would think differently if that was your wife, GF or daughter he hit.

if belichek were just another carpenter how would patfans feel about his affair with sharon?

I don't see anyone supporting miller hitting a girl, I see them as not wanting to convict him based on a potential untrue media blurb

Dude ,the fu@%ing guy ducked ,what did you expect to happen in a club full of people ,what if he hit another guy then what?? is he still a women beater ?? Please man ,it was an accident.Move on bro:roll:

You picked the wrong ****ing quote to claim anybody is "rationalizing" Miller's behavior. I specifically said that he should be held accountable. Under the law. I may have a problem with the NFL handing out punishment because it is uneven, arbitrary, unfair and completely biased based upon public opinion as percieved by the demented NFL home office. My point is that there is no reason to expect NFL players to act with "class and sophistication." They are generally thugs. Miller should be punished for his assault, not his "lack of class." Clemson is not Eton and Justin Miller is not James Bond. Big ****ing deal.

Dude ,the fu@%ing guy ducked ,what did you expect to happen in a club full of people ,what if he hit another guy then what?? is he still a women beater ?? Please man ,it was an accident.Move on bro:roll:

Actually, if you look at the article from yesterday it was out on a sidewalk. I am not minimizing violence against woman, but I understand your point. I understand the news reports that it might be an accident (i.e. the woman getting hit). The running like a bitch is not.

I am talking about the people that want to give him a free pass because he is a league leader in KO returns. That is pathetic.

if belichek were just another carpenter how would patfans feel about his affair with sharon?

I don't see anyone supporting miller hitting a girl, I see them as not wanting to convict him based on a potential untrue media blurb

JW you really need to look at some of the posts. They rationalize it like above. There are posts saying he is to valuable to be cut or suspended. Then there are posts liken it to "boys being boys" and you know that is wrong.

When you can get third degree assualt charges for an affair please talk to me. However, how many on this board have cheated on their spouses? Should we think less of them?

What's sad about the "Hester effect?" Special teams is an important part of the game, why should those guys be underpaid?

You wouldnt want Devin Hester on your team? He practically won games by himself last year.

not saying they shouldn't; read what i was responding to. i was responding to another poster who suggested we tell him to restructure, however because of hester, justin "bust as a CB" Miller actually has some leverage. hester is worth it but he's created an environment of overpaying as each team tries to find their own hester, at least for the short term (i.e. Ginn).

That's not true at all.

Just looking at the Jets starters, there isn't any dirtbags on this team. Only two guys that I know of have been arrested for anything, Coles and Bryan Thomas. And both those guys have been Grade A citizens since those ugly episodes in there life.

If I had as low an opinion of the players in the NFL as you do, I wouldn't even bother watching it.

That's not true at all.

Just looking at the Jets starters, there isn't any dirtbags on this team. Only two guys that I know of have been arrested for anything, Coles and Bryan Thomas. And both those guys have been Grade A citizens since those ugly episodes in there life.

If I had as low an opinion of the players in the NFL as you do, I wouldn't even bother watching it.

I only care about the football. I don't care what kind of opinion I have of them personally. Sure it's easier to root for a nice guy, but at the end of the day, I'm watching the game, not inviting them over for dinner. IF that's what we're all supposed to care about then why don't we all "ecurb up" Pennington? He's a model citizen. I can enjoy a movie with Alec Baldwin in it, doesn't make him parent of the year.

Out of 50 guys, only three that you know of have been arrested. You think that shows the NFL isn't full of dirtbags? How many people at your office that you know of have been arrested out of 50. Talk about low expectations.

Besides, I don't think they are all dirtbags. I think they are young men in a violent profession at an age when they are most likely to get in scuffles with the disposable income to go out and party. It doesn't meant they are bad people, but you'd expect them to be more likely to get in a fight in a bar than say Dilbert over in accounting.

PS: Jetophile the personal suit is almost a guarantee.

I only care about the football. I don't care what kind of opinion I have of them personally. Sure it's easier to root for a nice guy, but at the end of the day, I'm watching the game, not inviting them over for dinner. IF that's what we're all supposed to care about then why don't we all "ecurb up" Pennington? He's a model citizen. I can enjoy a movie with Alec Baldwin in it, doesn't make him parent of the year.

Out of 50 guys, only three that you know of have been arrested. You think that shows the NFL isn't full of dirtbags? How many people at your office that you know of have been arrested out of 50. Talk about low expectations.

Besides, I don't think they are all dirtbags. I think they are young men in a violent profession at an age when they are most likely to get in scuffles with the disposable income to go out and party. It doesn't meant they are bad people, but you'd expect them to be more likely to get in a fight in a bar than say Dilbert over in accounting.

PS: Jetophile the personal suit is almost a guarantee.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty low opinion of people in general, not just football players in specific. The only thing this post revealed is that you have no problem an individuals boorish behavior just so long as you are being entertained and amused by them, and their anti-social behavior doesn't personally, adversely affect you. That's a wonderful way to go through life.

And football is a violent profession???

No, being a vice cop is a violent profession. Being an Airborne Ranger is a violent profession. Playing football is a game. Being young, dumb and full of [hormones], with "disposable income" does not preclude one to hanging out on a street, menacing people, and punching them in the face because they had the audacity to challenge your BS. We have enough ignorant fools up to no good, serving notice on society that they have no desire to be a decent human being, they don't need to have their piss poor attitude validated by people who SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Geez, talk about low expectations.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty low opinion of people in general, not just football players in specific. The only thing this post revealed is that you have no problem an individuals boorish behavior just so long as you are being entertained and amused by them, and their anti-social behavior doesn't personally, adversely affect you. That's a wonderful way to go through life.

And football is a violent profession???

No, being a vice cop is a violent profession. Being an Airborne Ranger is a violent profession. Playing football is a game. Being young, dumb and full of [hormones], with "disposable income" does not preclude one to hanging out on a street, menacing people, and punching them in the face because they had the audacity to challenge your BS. We have enough ignorant fools up to no good, serving notice on society that they have no desire to be a decent human being, they don't need to have their piss poor attitude validated by people who SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Geez, talk about low expectations.

It's not low expectations, it's experience. I've played football most of my life, not even on a very high level, both on real travel tackle teams and bull**** association touch leagues and I have found players to generally be more physical, violent and more quick to get in fights or assault than the general population.

I don't think that boorish behavior is alright as long as I'm entertained, but I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand thinking they are all choir boys. Would you stop watching if you found out they were all on steroids? Enjoy watching golf. If I were a Titan fan would I like Pacman Jones or be proud that he played for my team? No, but I would be happy if he scored a TD in a Titans uni. I have said on multiple occaisions that they should be punished, but thanks to JetMoses credo of morality I can now no longer root for Justin Miller because he is not a nice guy. Punish him and get over it, he's not teaching children, he's playing football. I'm not inviting him over for dinner. I DO have a problem with his boorish behavior. I also have a problem with people analyzing the morality of others based on a one paragraph snippet on a message board.

IMHO football is more violent than being an army Ranger or vice cop. In either of those professions do people spend every day colliding with other giant juice heads ranging from 200 to 375 lbs running 4.4 40s? I don't think so. It's physically demanding and deals with brute force more than almost anything else except possibly boxing, wrestling and UFC.

Why do people here insist on trying to analyze me because I watch football and don't think football players are all role models and pillars of society? First oktaren and now Jetmoses. I don't think football players are all nice people and I watch football! Go to your shrink and find out all about me! Read "psycho-babble for dummies" and know the dominator's inner secrets!!

Maybe your right, maybe have I have no problem an individuals boorish behavior just so long as I'm being entertained and amused by them, I post on Jet Nation, don't I?

First oktaren and now Jetmoses.

You're comparing me to oktaren???

ALRIGHTY THEN!

NOW YOU'VE PUSHED ME TOO FAR!!!

Indeed it is. It's basically kill the man with the ball.

No, rape or murder is violent.

Grown men who spend more time putting on their equipment than actually engaged in contact are playing a game.

If football was actually violent, refs wouldn't throw a flag every time somebody got to close to Tom Brady.

Archived