Justin Miller Arrested: MERGED

BP

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lets see fighting in a night club at 3am, punching people and slapping a "ho" because your street cred is on the line and then fleeing from the cops. i can't figure out if that's a night out for j miller or a 50 cent song.

Wow at the stupidity of this post. Just wow.

And you seem to have no respect for a person's presumption of innocence until proven guilty or the right to a fair trial but would rather judge someone on a media report.

What about a woman's right to walk down a city street without being confronted and punched in the face by a drunken *sshole?

You keep acting like this incident was created out of whole cloth by the media. He's issued an apology, NOT a denial.

It's mighty noble of you giving him all the benefit of the doubt but I doubt you would be singing the same tune if it was your wife who got punched in the face. This story just gets worse and worse, not better and better.

Nobody is jumping to conclusions here. I think the story is pretty clear to anybody not harbouring a bias.

What about a woman's right to walk down a city street without being confronted and punched in the face by a drunken *sshole?

You keep acting like this incident was created out of whole cloth by the media. He's issued an apology, NOT a denial.

It's mighty noble of you giving him all the benefit of the doubt but I doubt you would be singing the same tune if it was your wife who got punched in the face. This story just gets worse and worse, not better and better.

Nobody is jumping to conclusions here. I think the story is pretty clear to anybody not harbouring a bias.

bingo moses, an apology can easily be construed as an admission of guilt, unless of course me & my wife are involved

Justin Miller is a complete moron... especially to do this right during mini camp...

Focus on your job, your being paid millions...

I hate people like him...

POTW because this sums it up. adults with jobs and responsibilities aren't out carousing and putting themselves in situations like this. when you make millions and are a public icon, you should realize you have a target on your back and you need to be smart. it's not about your "right" to go clubbin, it's about being responsbile. if you're out late effing around and trouble finds you, boo-freaking-hoo. grow up and quit acting like a college kid or thug rapper. if a guy isn't smart enough to protect himself and stay out of trouble then his head isn't where it needs to be and he's putting his body on the line when he should be taking care of it FOR HIS FREAKING JOB. jettison this reject or trade him to the bengals. when you swing your hand in anger, you accept the consequences. hitting a woman is unacceptable and his fleeing proves he knows it. i don't want anyone on my team that can't properly weigh the cost/benefit analysis of making a million dollars with wanting to be some clubbin high rolling woman slapper thug turd police evader. please please mangini, send a message-- flush this stinker.

I''m sure NONE of you here have ever ran from the cops! :lol:

Back in the day I did run/drive from the cops and everytime it was because I was guilty of something and did not want to get caught.

Yes, you're right, he should lock himself in a cage except for when he is practicing with the Jets or playing in a game. How dare him going out to a club with his "hip-hop" mentality! And, yes there has never been a rich person who has run from the cops and gotten into a fight.

No one is saying that.

There are a 1000 or more similar individuals who are young and with more money then they know what to do. 97% of them do the right thing. When they hold the rookie symposium and they cover this same situation, they listen. When the Coach says he wants character guys, they listen.

Convicting him before he is proven guilty is wrong. However, it is just as wrong to give him a pass because he is a pro football player. Especially, when it is excused because he has talent or that macho BS about being a man.

Guaranteed, if he was killed by some 'thug' from Obama's hood, you all would have been in here telling him to just walk away. "Think of your family."

POTW because this sums it up. adults with jobs and responsibilities aren't out carousing and putting themselves in situations like this. when you make millions and are a public icon, you should realize you have a target on your back and you need to be smart. it's not about your "right" to go clubbin, it's about being responsbile. if you're out late effing around and trouble finds you, boo-freaking-hoo. grow up and quit acting like a college kid or thug rapper. if a guy isn't smart enough to protect himself and stay out of trouble then his head isn't where it needs to be and he's putting his body on the line when he should be taking care of it FOR HIS FREAKING JOB. jettison this reject or trade him to the bengals. when you swing your hand in anger, you accept the consequences. hitting a woman is unacceptable and his fleeing proves he knows it. i don't want anyone on my team that can't properly weigh the cost/benefit analysis of making a million dollars with wanting to be some clubbin high rolling woman slapper thug turd police evader. please please mangini, send a message-- flush this stinker.

They might as well... Revis is not only a better CB.... he is a good return man too... Miller is in deep sh*t... they drafted his replacement... and he is out acting like a fool...

They might as well... Revis is not only a better CB.... he is a good return man too... Miller is in deep sh*t... they drafted his replacement... and he is out acting like a fool...

Is it raining cats and dogs?

Ecurb is the voice of reason.

Okay, let me explain my position on this because I am guilty of not being clear on it. There is no question in my mind that Justin Miller did something stupid. There is no doubt that he got himself involved in something he shouldn't have. That is the only thing that is definite at this point.

As far as Justin issuing an apology, he did. But it was a general apology and there is no way being in the situation he is in (regardless of degree of guilt or innocence), with the mentality of the organization he plays for, that he would not be expected to make some sort of an apology for at the very least being in a situation that he should have known better than to get himself into.

Nobody has heard Justin Miller's side of the story yet which is to be expected with charges being filed. Nobody has heard anything but the account of the girl who claims he hit her and her friends and that Justin ran to a parking garage as if he was trying to avoid the Patriots' coverage team. It was said that he ran from the cops originally but the new account, according to the girl who claims Miller hit her because she wouldn't hook up with him, sounds more like he was running from her friends and then was arrested because of the claims that were made by those outside the club.

If people want to make a joke out of it they can, but we are supposed to be a country that gives a person the benefit of the doubt and at the very least wait until we hear the whole story before we hang a guy. Unfortunately we have become a place that has to have everything right away and just jump on something the second we hear it. I

bingo. this is mangini's chance to send a message with someone expendable, and set the tone before one of our real contributors pulls this crap. use miller as a deterent for our starters.

Okay, let me explain my position on this because I am guilty of not being clear on it. There is no question in my mind that Justin Miller did something stupid. There is no doubt that he got himself involved in something he shouldn't have. That is the only thing that is definite at this point.

As far as Justin issuing an apology, he did. But it was a general apology and there is no way being in the situation he is in (regardless of degree of guilt or innocence), with the mentality of the organization he plays for, that he would not be expected to make some sort of an apology for at the very least being in a situation that he should have known better than to get himself into.

Nobody has heard Justin Miller's side of the story yet which is to be expected with charges being filed. Nobody has heard anything but the account of the girl who claims he hit her and her friends and that Justin ran to a parking garage as if he was trying to avoid the Patriots' coverage team. It was said that he ran from the cops originally but the new account, according to the girl who claims Miller hit her because she wouldn't hook up with him, sounds more like he was running from her friends and then was arrested because of the claims that were made by those outside the club.

If people want to make a joke out of it they can, but we are supposed to be a country that gives a person the benefit of the doubt and at the very least wait until we hear the whole story before we hang a guy. Unfortunately we have become a place that has to have everything right away and just jump on something the second we hear it. I

If people want to make a joke out of it they can, but we are supposed to be a country that gives a person the benefit of the doubt and at the very least wait until we hear the whole story before we hang a guy. Unfortunately we have become a place that has to have everything right away and just jump on something the second we hear it. I’m not trying to turn this into a political crusade. I’m just saying that there is not one person in this forum that knows the whole story or even close to it.

That all said, I do agree that he should receive some form of discipline from the team (whatever they see fit that falls within the rules) whether he was completely at fault or not. He is a moron for getting caught up in this whole thing. No doubt on that. As far as what the NFL can and will do remains to be seen. Being that he has no prior offenses or arrest record during his tenure in the NFL I do not expect it to be nearly as harsh as what Pacman or even Tank Johnson could get. It obviously also depends a lot on what the results of a full investigation and the outcome of that which follows. Let’s just take a deep breath and allow all parties involved to get this thing rolling before we decide what Justin did or did not do. If the woman’s account is true than the guy is complete piece of crap and should get whatever is coming his way but I am not accepting what she or her friends say as fact until the smoke clears and we really have a better idea of exactly what it is that happened.

i respect your opinion but this whole "innocent until proven guilty" crap is nonsense in this context. teams have a right to not even want to be associated with these kind of allegations. justin was stupid for getting himself in this situation and i don't want stupid people on the field on sunday. simple as that.

i respect your opinion but this whole "innocent until proven guilty" crap is nonsense in this context. teams have a right to not even want to be associated with these kind of allegations. justin was stupid for getting himself in this situation and i don't want stupid people on the field on sunday. simple as that.

I'm all for the character guy mentality, but the Jets FO needs to be careful about the example they set. A harsh punishment could be trouble down the road; i.e. if one of the less expendable players winds up in a similar situation, the team would have to make the same call. Not saying they should not make an example out of Miller, but make sure that the sentence doled out is fair. I'm afraid cutting him outright would be too much of a risk, but if they were to trade him, they could make a weak argument that the assault had nothing to do with it. Personally, I would vote for giving him some pine-time/suspension with a contract restructuring and see if he wakes up. If he does not agree to the contract restructure, then you cut him based on contractual disagreement, not violation of team conduct policy. If he agrees, you could still cut him down the road, but the dismissal would not be able to be blamed on the assault alone. If he straightens up, then you keep a nice young player on the rise for a cheaper price.

I'm all for the character guy mentality, but the Jets FO needs to be careful about the example they set. A harsh punishment could be trouble down the road; i.e. if one of the less expendable players winds up in a similar situation, the team would have to make the same call. Not saying they should not make an example out of Miller, but make sure that the sentence doled out is fair. I'm afraid cutting him outright would be too much of a risk, but if they were to trade him, they could make a weak argument that the assault had nothing to do with it. Personally, I would vote for giving him some pine-time/suspension with a contract restructuring and see if he wakes up. If he does not agree to the contract restructure, then you cut him based on contractual disagreement, not violation of team conduct policy. If he agrees, you could still cut him down the road, but the dismissal would not be able to be blamed on the assault alone. If he straightens up, then you keep a nice young player on the rise for a cheaper price.

i agree with a suspension. 4 games for being a numbskull and ignoring the rookie seminars that teach you to avoid bad company and worse situations. plus, that will likely appease goddel and keep him from getting involved.

i agree with a suspension. 4 games for being a numbskull and ignoring the rookie seminars that teach you to avoid bad company and worse situations. plus, that will likely appease goddel and keep him from getting involved.

What about asking him to renegotiate. I know the player's union does not care for that sort of thing, but with the new conduct policy, I think they would have a nice chance of getting their wish. Basically, it would be like saying that the Jets are willing to give him another chance, but not at his original asking price.

What about asking him to renegotiate. I know the player's union does not care for that sort of thing, but with the new conduct policy, I think they would have a nice chance of getting their wish. Basically, it would be like saying that the Jets are willing to give him another chance, but not at his original asking price.

I don't think so ryno unless there is a specific conduct clause in the contract, it can't be used as a renegotiation tool.

the punishment has to fit the crime & herin lies the toughest part when it comes to setting the discipline precedent

I don't think so ryno unless there is a specific conduct clause in the contract, it can't be used as a renegotiation tool.

the punishment has to fit the crime & herin lies the toughest part when it comes to setting the discipline precedent

Sure it can... All they have to do is tell him to take a paycut or he might be cut becuase of his stupid actions... knowing damn well he wont get a big contract this offseason if cut he will take the paycut...

They may not be able to come out and say renegotiate or else, but they can certainly make it clear that if a restructure agreement is not reached, then his a$$ is grass. That being said, if there is not a conduct clause in his contract, the Jets FO at the time (namely Bradway) is dumber than ever expected, which is hard to believe. I would venture to bet that there are not going to be too many contracts, league-wide, from this point forward that do not have an out for conduct issues...

i want miller to remain on the team but fined heavily and or suspended. i dont want revis returning kicks, punts, and playing because the risk of injury is too high and he is needed on defense first and foremost.

I agree. Putting Revis on kickoffs and punts would be so stupid its not even funny. Too much invested in him to become a cornerback to risk injury on special teams when we already have a great KR man. Revis is not even that great of a punt returner IMHO.

I agree. Putting Revis on kickoffs and punts would be so stupid its not even funny. Too much invested in him to become a cornerback to risk injury on special teams when we already have a great KR man. Revis is not even that great of a punt returner IMHO.

That's what i was thinking. watching his highlights it seems like he just ran straight and Pitt had some great blocking. Yes he's fast, and it is harder than it looked, but he is not Dante Hall.

I'd be ok with him doing PR's for a while, but there is a reason you don't see champ returning punts/kicks for the broncos.

lol, honestly, I do think she deserved it, why bait someone into hitting you? "You won't hit us." But still, he should have known better, doesn't matter if she was stupid, you make too much money and the law protects stupid people.

Sure it can... All they have to do is tell him to take a paycut or he might be cut becuase of his stupid actions... knowing damn well he wont get a big contract this offseason if cut he will take the paycut...

not the most prudent way to run a business imo.

pathetically with the "hester effect" some team may actually be willing to grossly overpay for his KR abilities.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the only thing I got out of this opening statement is a huge rationalization of the incident.

Nobody has heard Justin Miller's side of the story yet which is to be expected with charges being filed.

Totally disagree. So far, we have two accounts of the incident. The first one goes something like this:

It's 4 AM in a club, Justin Miller takes a swing at some dude, misses, and ends up landing his fist in a girls face. Justin Miller then runs away, where he is later cornered in a parking garage by the police.

The second story goes like this:

The victim and her friends are walking down the street, when they are confronted by Miller and his friends. Miller makes a lewd comment at the victim, the victim verbally responds, and Miller punches her in the face.

OK, two stories. The second one obviously came from the victim and her friends. The first story came from... where? Let me venture a guess, it came from Miller or one of his friends.

Nobody has heard anything but the account of the girl who claims he hit her and her friends and that Justin ran to a parking garage as if he was trying to avoid the Patriots' coverage team. It was said that he ran from the cops originally but the new account, according to the girl who claims Miller hit her because she wouldn't hook up with him, sounds more like he was running from her friends and then was arrested because of the claims that were made by those outside the club.

"Wouldn't hook up with him"???

You make it sound like he was asking her for a date. OK, let's pretend he was a complete gentleman, and she was impolite in waiving off his request at her hand.

So he punches her in the face?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the only thing I got out of this opening statement is a huge rationalization of the incident.

Nobody has heard Justin Miller's side of the story yet which is to be expected with charges being filed.

Totally disagree. So far, we have two accounts of the incident. The first one goes something like this:

It's 4 AM in a club, Justin Miller takes a swing at some dude, misses, and ends up landing his fist in a girls face. Justin Miller then runs away, where he is later cornered in a parking garage by the police.

The second story goes like this:

The victim and her friends are walking down the street, when they are confronted by Miller and his friends. Miller makes a lewd comment at the victim, the victim verbally responds, and Miller punches her in the face.

OK, two stories. The second one obviously came from the victim and her friends. The first story came from... where? Let me venture a guess, it came from Miller or one of his friends.

Nobody has heard anything but the account of the girl who claims he hit her and her friends and that Justin ran to a parking garage as if he was trying to avoid the Patriots' coverage team. It was said that he ran from the cops originally but the new account, according to the girl who claims Miller hit her because she wouldn't hook up with him, sounds more like he was running from her friends and then was arrested because of the claims that were made by those outside the club.

"Wouldn't hook up with him"???

You make it sound like he was asking her for a date. OK, let's pretend he was a complete gentleman, and she was impolite in waiving off his request at her hand.

So he punches her in the face?

Archived