A Rod is the MAN

nj meadowlands

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the '86 Mets were the atomic manly supermen Darling would have you believe, why didn't they win more than one championship?

I'm sorry-I forgot-COCAINE.

you're right, I can see the relation between having the balls to knock a guy down and winning titles. :rolleyes:

and yes...cocaine and Mike Scoscia are the reasons the Mets only won 1 title!

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And the yankees are desperate. They need to do everything they possibly can to win as many games possible, including every trick in the book.

Apparently it's not much of a trick and it's a pretty common occurrence in baseball. The guy who should be ashamed of himself is Howie Clark.

We had to watch a total charade in last year's world series where there was suspicion of Kenny Rogers cheating but Larussa wouldnt do anything about it because its an "unwritten rule" or "gamesmanship" not to have the pitcher checked out or something. So I dont want to hear a darn thing about AROD using a cat call to distract a 3rd basemen. According to Joe Torre catcalls are VERY common in baseball and Torre has been nothing but an honest man. Ill take his word.

The heck with these ridiculous unwritten rules. Here is my unwritten rule. WIN AT ALL COSTS. If it's legal, USE IT.

Torre also called Clemens a head hunter when he was playing against the Yankees but once he put switched uniforms to pinstripes, he became a perfect gentlemen and threw up and in "protect the plate"

you're right, I can see the relation between having the balls to knock a guy down and winning titles. :rolleyes:

and yes...cocaine and Mike Scoscia are the reasons the Mets only won 1 title!

That Mike Scioscia guy has had a hand in a few of the Yankee debacles the last few years too. His Angels are the only team to have a winning record vs. the Yanks in the Torre era, including 2 ALDS series wins.

The only reason this is a big deal is because Arod did it. If Jose Reyes did this it would be a non issue.

Arod is an easy target for the media and fans.

Enough already.. let him enjoy his muscle-bound women and strip clubs without our interference...:)

I'm looking forward to the "greeting" Arod gets at Fenway tomorrow night.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And the yankees are desperate. They need to do everything they possibly can to win as many games possible, including play dirty or cheat.

There. Fixed it for you.

Ron Darling had the correct take during tonights Met game. Said if ARod did that against his 86 Met team there would not have been any controversy as Met 3rd baseman Ray Knight would have knocked ARod out. Went on to say Giambi would have been drilled with the next pitch as well.

Ray Knight wouldnt have fell for a little league play.

Arod will be brutalized this evening at Fenway. Worse than he ever has been. Trust me.

Seems that Alex just doen't know when to stop "playing" too hard. It would not shock me to hear "stripper" type music during batting practice tonight. Do not be surprised at chants such as: "C-h-e-a-t-e-r" "W-e-a-r a C-o-n-d-o-m" "A-L-I-M-O-N-Y" Brutal.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=1004214

Arod will be brutalized this evening at Fenway. Worse than he ever has been. Trust me.

Seems that Alex just doen't know when to stop "playing" too hard. It would not shock me to hear "stripper" type music during batting practice tonight. Do not be surprised at chants such as: "C-h-e-a-t-e-r" "W-e-a-r a C-o-n-d-o-m" "A-L-I-M-O-N-Y" Brutal.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=1004214

Reap what you sow. Reap what you sow.

How this is bush league I'll never know. You do what you have to do to win games and I am 110% positive this is done by other players. It was in the movie Major League for a reason. It has been done for years.

Okay, but I never want to hear about the professionalism and class of the Yankees again. Fair enough?

Why? A true professionals does whatever he/she can within the rules to win... and all while looking classy with a big smile and a win.

Okay, but I never want to hear about the professionalism and class of the Yankees again. Fair enough?

Catching a simple popup would be professional. Making excuses because another player tried and succeeded in getting you to lose your concentraion as everyone who's ever played or been to a baseball games does is unprofessional. And that schoolyard trick netted the Yanks 2 runs. A job well done, I'd say.

Catching a simple popup would be professional. Making excuses because another player tried and succeeded in getting you to lose your concentraion as everyone who's ever played or been to a baseball games does is unprofessional. And that schoolyard trick netted the Yanks 2 runs. A job well done, I'd say.

When you hear "MINE" on a pop up you defer to what you presume is another of your own fielders.

You think he would have missed the ball cept for ARod's bush league tatic? Come on.

We'll see come July 16th series what is professional and what isn't. Professional is ARod taking a fastball in the back and taking his base.

Sorry but you guys can't Yankee this one up....ask your Captain.

When you hear "MINE" on a pop up you defer to what you presume is another of your own fielders.

You think he would have missed the ball cept for ARod's bush league tatic? Come on.

We'll see come July 16th series what is professional and what isn't. Professional is ARod taking a fastball in the back and taking his base.

He should know the other players voice... or if he isnt SURE of the other players around him... he should have called the ball in the first place...

Dont the teach you in T-ball to Call EVERY ball so that this cant happen?

Why is it Arods fault that he tricked a sh*tty player?

Thor, you need to get off Garb's high horse. From everything I've read from actual MLB PLAYERS, what A-Rod did is as much a part of the game as a catcher blocking the plate.

Let me say this as simply as I can you Chowds can understand: This play was NOT bush league and is a common part of the game.

Of course I guess you could believe what a career minor league who looked like he wasn't even good enough to be in the minors after letting that ball drop, or everyone else in baseball. You guys are such clowns.

He should know the other players voice... or if he isnt SURE of the other players around him... he should have called the ball in the first place...

Dont the teach you in T-ball to Call EVERY ball so that this cant happen?

Why is it Arods fault that he tricked a sh*tty player?

You're smarter than that post ecurb. Ask yourself would Jeter or Bernie have done that?

You defer to avoid INJURY via collision.

Again, if ARod or a Yankee doesn't get drilled, bowled over etc come July than you are correct.

I have no idea. But I know at every ballgame I've ever been to as a fan or player(admittedly long ago) for the last 40 years, players and fans alike try to distract fielders every time they get a chance. And good fielders more often than not make the play. The Jays made a big deal because they're embarrassed, as they should be-CATCH THE BALL!Should they have take the 2 runs off the scoreboard that turned a nailbiter into a laugher too? I suspect at my son's game tonight I'll see it again.

The Yankees are having a horrendous season. But this is just silly crap fro iditos to whine about.

And Sawx fans-don't lecture anyone about "professional"after employing a douchebag scab like Kevin Millar. Leave it at that.

Sorry but you guys can't Yankee this one up....ask your Captain.

If Howie Clark wasn't a crappy player and an idiot he would have caught that ball. If you actually watch the play the shortstop was not even in the same zip code before Posada hit the ball and there is no reason he would have been calling for that ball. The only person who looked unprofessional on this play was Howie Clark, and he should be embarassed for himself, both for dropping that ball and then whining about what A-Rod did when it is a commonc occurrence.

I have no idea. But I know at every ballgame I've ever been to as a fan or player(admittedly long ago) for the last 40 years, players and fans alike try to distract fielders every time they get a chance. And good fielders more often than not make the play. The Jays made a big deal because they're embarrassed, as they should be-CATCH THE BALL!Should they have take the 2 runs off the scoreboard that turned a nailbiter into a laugher too? I suspect at my son's game tonight I'll see it again.

The Yankees are having a horrendous season. But this is just silly crap fro iditos to whine about.

And Sawx fans-don't lecture anyone about "professional"after employing a douchebag scab like Kevin Millar. Leave it at that.

What MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER? I am a Met fan and a ARod supporter...just not in this instance. You made a great point in that you will see it at your sons LITTLE LEAGUE game.

If Howie Clark wasn't a crappy player and an idiot he would have caught that ball. If you actually watch the play the shortstop was not even in the same zip code before Posada hit the ball and there is no reason he would have been calling for that ball. The only person who looked unprofessional on this play was Howie Clark, and he should be embarassed for himself, both for dropping that ball and then whining about what A-Rod did when it is a commonc occurrence.

Common occurence? OK. Name another player who has done this.

You're smarter than that post ecurb. Ask yourself would Jeter or Bernie have done that?

You defer to avoid INJURY via collision.

Again, if ARod or a Yankee doesn't get drilled, bowled over etc come July than you are correct.

Jeter and Bernie probably did do it, and if it was them who did it 2 nights ago nobody would give 2 sh!ts.

Common occurence? OK. Name another player who has done this.

Are you f*cking serious? Just watch Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight and every baseball guy they talk to says it happens all the time and it's not "bush league" at all.

You're fighting a losing fight GS and looking dumb in the process.

All I know is, if this happened to the Yanks, fans would be up in arms about it. We'd be hearing how the Yankees would never do that, it's not the "Yankee Way".

Congrats on winning a game.

Should be a good, fun weekend.

All I know is, if this happened to the Yanks, fans would be up in arms about it. We'd be hearing how the Yankees would never do that, it's not the "Yankee Way".

Congrats on winning a game.

Should be a good, fun weekend.

Thing is... Arod doesn't fall for things like this... he said himself it happens all the time... so obviously he is just a better player...

Archived