Ex-Colts quarterback Trudeau arrested at party

Lil Bit Special

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvsCDZANsOSetD5qWpd9optDubYF?slug=ap-trudeauarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ex-Colts quarterback Trudeau arrested at party

td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }June 2, 2007

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. (AP) -- Former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jack Trudeau was arrested early Saturday and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Police found liquor being served at Trudeau's home for a high school graduation party, a release from the Boone County Sheriff's department said. Trudeau was taken to the Boone County Jail, where he posted bond and was released Saturday morning. He faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and $5,000 in fines for the Class A misdemeanor.

Twelve people were charged with minor in possession of alcohol, and five were additionally charged with resisting law enforcement for hiding in the woods near Trudeau's home.

The youths face a maximum penalty of up to 60 days in jail and $500 in fines for the Class C misdemeanor.

Trudeau played for the Colts from 1986 to 1993 and played two more years before retiring in 1995. He passed for 10,243 yards, 42 touchdowns and 69 interceptions in his career. A message left at Trudeau's home seeking comment was not immediately returned.

He threw more Int's than TD's... Very nice.

He is a better player than parent... And he was never a good player, lmao. Let the kids get drunk.

As long as you confiscate everyones keys, I dont see a problem. Everyone drinks at graduation parties, the fun ones anyway.

That sucks. If cops really wanted to bust balls, pretty much every parent would be arrested around graduation time.

Hell, my high school graduation party was a shtshow.

Except I'm pretty sure it's legal to let your own kid drink as long as you're with them.

If he wasnt a former NFL player, it wouldnt have been news unless kids got hurt or killed or some of the girls decided to strip for the party...

If kids are getting arrested for hiding in the woods, you know this is crap.

Wonder if he pulled the "Dont you know who I am" crap...

Maybe if he told them how much he sucked they would have let him go.

I bet there are parents in his school district that are say "Good!" today.

I bet they're in the minority. graduation is a time for celebration. I think it's the one party where providing it is in the confines of one's property, & done in a responsible manner,the event should not be interferred with by local authorities

I bet they're in the minority. graduation is a time for celebration. I think it's the one party where providing it is in the confines of one's property, & done in a responsible manner,the event should not be interferred with by local authorities

So if he gave the kids coke and meth "in the confines of his property" it is OK...;)

In CT the laws are very strict against parents in cases like these...

I can agree for the most part... even if you take a kids keys... it doesn't stop them from leaving and driving a friends car... or for that matter drinking themselves to death... or one of a million ways to hurt themselves or others while drunk...

The parents are helping the kids commit a crime... people get busted for it all the time around here...

we all know about your son's party! boobies.gif

:)

yeah, I guess that coulda been me. 18 is the legal age here but I do know of 1 minor who drank beer at the party. His parents were cool with it though. I did not check anyone for id.

in my next go around i'm gonna keep my kids in a bubble & just cross my fingers when its time for them to head into the world without supervision

yeah, I guess that coulda been me. 18 is the legal age here but I do know of 1 minor who drank beer at the party. His parents were cool with it though. I did not check anyone for id.

in my next go around i'm gonna keep my kids in a bubble & just cross my fingers when its time for them to head into the world without supervision

just bustin your balls jw, it's a scary world and there are no easy answers.

just bustin your balls jw, it's a scary world and there are no easy answers.

:cheers: I wasn't tryin to defend myself as a parent this time johnny :) just kinda tellin it like it is. I remember my graduation party & in my hometown it was the norm for every family with a graduate to celebrate with a house party . I kinda feel bad for ole jack cause based on my experience he was just doin what parents do when their kid graduates. throw a damn party. In my hometown in upstate ny it is an accepted way of life

:cheers: I wasn't tryin to defend myself as a parent this time johnny :) just kinda tellin it like it is. I remember my graduation party & in my hometown it was the norm for every family with a graduate to celebrate with a house party . I kinda feel bad for ole jack cause based on my experience he was just doin what parents do when their kid graduates. throw a damn party. In my hometown in upstate ny it is an accepted way of life

Where upstate?

Fulton?

Allentown?

The drinking age was 18 when I graduated, and then they raised it when I was 19. Anyway, I think I sang 'Some Enchanted Evening' every night for two weeks. I hated High School, and celebrated not having to see the same punks with the same punks I never wanted to see again.

EDIT: Fact is, if anyone were to get hurt or worse when serving alcohol isn't legal, that's major lawsuit right there. And, if any of these parents wanted to push the issue, it's lawsuit right now.

The drinking age was 18 when I graduated, and then they raised it when I was 19. Anyway, I think I sang 'Some Enchanted Evening' every night for two weeks. I hated High School, and celebrated not having to see the same punks with the same punks I never wanted to see again.

EDIT: Fact is, if anyone were to get hurt or worse when serving alcohol isn't legal, that's major lawsuit right there. And, if any of these parents wanted to push the issue, it's lawsuit right now.

yeah I guess so phile. I didn't realize how times have changed in the us since I graduated.

I loved high school & the celebrations were awesome imo.

Archived