Chad sucks vs. Chad-is-God

Greenseed3

I wanted to start this. A thread for you debaters who insist on ignoring the current thread titles. (While I think it's a good debate; both pro-Chad and pro-Clemens guys can have at it, I don't see the need to continuously hi-jack intresting threads concerning different topics).

Here, I'll go first....

Chad is our current QB. I support him.

I wanted to start this. A thread for you debaters who insist on ignoring the current thread titles. (While I think it's a good debate; both pro-Chad and pro-Clemens guys can have at it, I don't see the need to continuously hi-jack intresting threads concerning different topics).

Here, I'll go first....

Chad is our current QB. I support him.

I'll TOTALLY support WHOEVER is the Jets starting QB. I'd like to think the coaching staff knows a little bit more than we do about talent evaluation. All this constant Chad bashing thing does is feed the Trolls.

I'll TOTALLY support WHOEVER is the Jets starting QB. I'd like to think the coaching staff knows a little bit more than we do about talent evaluation. All this constant Chad bashing thing does is feed the Trolls.

Trolls/Schmolls, You know as well as I do that the non-fans that post here, only improve our defending skills. I like a sporting debate whenever I'm able to stick-up-for my stance. This thread is to be permanently posted to keep other thread's clean. There is no reason a WR topic, DL topic or FA topic should lend itself to the mis-guidance of: "Well, Chad sucks anyway.... or Chad is amazing".

THIS IS THE THREAD FOR THAT!

I created it so QB debates can exist in harmony! Free of all those other "distracting" topics :)

Please have at it.... Bash Chad! Or, Get your knee-pads out for the fella! But do it here!!!!

Please!!!!

Leave the other topics alone.

I dont think this thread is going to catch on, I mean anyone with even the smallest knowledge of fooball knows Chad is the man for the Jets. Not only because he's the best Qb on the team, but you dont just throw in an unprepeared rook. Expecially right after a season your main guy busted his ass to make the playoffs, something that no one besides a jet faithful(or insane depending where your from) thought possible. Well that and the only argument made from helen guys inbetween thier noodle arm comments is that they already talked about it. Lame excuse at best. JN already had a debate, which I read based on Bartons council. I think everything got sumed up. What really needs to happens is for certain guys just to simply say "I was wrong" and guys like me were 100% right. thats it.

Oh and for Smizzy, I have to disagree with you on one point. Chad is not a mediocre QB in any way shape or form. You know that. I really dont think a mediocre NFL QB would have been able to come back from the injuries Chad has. Nor been able to lead a team to the playoffs with the obvious limitations that Chads game has(limited deep threat). So in my opinion saying he is just a run of the mill guy is nuts. Hes not. He's finds a way to win when most say its impossible. I know NFL QB's are good by just making it to the NFL. But giving a teams fans, let alone Jets fans, that feeling of hope, the feeling a possible championship. Hell the feeling of a winning season. Thats not mediocre thats ****ing amazing....

BORNJETFAN1983...I agree with you somewhat, but just want to present the flip side.

Chad is a solid QB however I think he has reached a plateau as to how far he can take us.

After 2 surgeries, his arm strenght is marginal. In a confrence stacked with the likes of the NE, Indy, and SD Chad will NOT be able to lead us past these kinds of teams into a Super Bowl in the next 1-3 years. He probably cant do it. Hes a nice regular season QB that can win 9 or 10 games every year. But when u get to the playoffs, your playing teams with very good defenses. Im no defensive coordinator, but its quite easy .to stack guys in the box to stop the run, pull your safeties up tight (Chad cant beat them deep), and even have your defense ctighten up between the numbers (Chad cant beat them on the sidelines). Its the perfect storm against us.

So while NE, Indy, and SD are at the top of the AFC anyway, why not take the next year or so and find out if Clemens can play? If he's legit it will take him 2 years to develop anyway which would coincide perfectly with the development of the rest of the young guys. This is a better alternative that spending the next 2 years winning 9 or 10 games and getting booted in Round 2 of the playoffs. Lets find out if Clemens is for real. Cuz if he's not I'd rather find out in a year or 2...then wait and find out 4 years from now.

Absolutely. We have a solid staff in place who will do what's best for the team and puts them in the best position to win, feelings, reputation and "warrior" nonsense be damned. .Which wasn't the case for the preceeding 5 years.

BORNJETFAN1983...I agree with you somewhat, but just want to present the flip side.

Chad is a solid QB however I think he has reached a plateau as to how far he can take us.

After 2 surgeries, his arm strenght is marginal. In a confrence stacked with the likes of the NE, Indy, and SD Chad will NOT be able to lead us past these kinds of teams into a Super Bowl in the next 1-3 years. He probably cant do it. Hes a nice regular season QB that can win 9 or 10 games every year. But when u get to the playoffs, your playing teams with very good defenses. Im no defensive coordinator, but its quite easy .to stack guys in the box to stop the run, pull your safeties up tight (Chad cant beat them deep), and even have your defense ctighten up between the numbers (Chad cant beat them on the sidelines). Its the perfect storm against us.

So while NE, Indy, and SD are at the top of the AFC anyway, why not take the next year or so and find out if Clemens can play? If he's legit it will take him 2 years to develop anyway which would coincide perfectly with the development of the rest of the young guys. This is a better alternative that spending the next 2 years winning 9 or 10 games and getting booted in Round 2 of the playoffs. Lets find out if Clemens is for real. Cuz if he's not I'd rather find out in a year or 2...then wait and find out 4 years from now.

Your absolutely right, Playoff games are not regular season, but I dont think A chad led Jets team absolutely means out in the 2nd round. I think thats where we disagree. It wasnt too long ago that Payton Manning couldnt win a playoff game either. Hell the Jets beat em 41 nothing a couple years back. Just goes to show you likie Mangini has been saying every seson is its own beast to itself. If Chad hit a platue would Mangini play him? No. If they thought Kellen was a better shot would Mangini play him, Yes. Oh and Just cause he's not starting doesnt mean the team isnt finding out if he can play. Im sure Kellen is getting better every time he gets on the field. You dont want a guy just to jump to the NFL with out preperation. He's still a rook and still learning. (yeah yeah I know not a rook but I think his level of play probably is, well if not it doesnt surpass Chads)

Look, its perfect for us, cause like you said the development of Kellen and the team coinsides. I dont think Kellen will start this year or he should start this year, unless he was a better shot. Coaches make that determination. I understand what your saying and think that the coaches probably think the same. Hell they want to win too. I think NY has to find out if Clemens is the real deal, and right now i think he is the next guy for the team. But theres no reason to throw him in this year prematurely. Why, when he can get better and the team has a QB, one that the coaches think, can get it done. Chad went threw hell for the starting job, he earned it, and i think if the Coaches think hes the best guy to win, So do I. Thats my thoughts, plus I think this year is the best chance hes had and the Jets have had to win the big one since Namath. Am I wrong? Think about it. Anyways I really do want to know what Kellen is made of. At the same time I dont think we should throw away the momentum of last season. I will say this though Its not like Chad will play for one second more than he's the best man for the job. I dont think the coach has any problem pulling him. Im just saying lets wait untill that point.

Oh and lets just say Chad is a mediocre Qb and thats it. Im pretty sure mediocre qbs have won the SB, Im jsut saying, anyone can win and dont count chad out untill the coaces do.

Your absolutely right, Playoff games are not regular season, but I dont think A chad led Jets team absolutely means out in the 2nd round. I think thats where we disagree. It wasnt too long ago that Payton Manning couldnt win a playoff game either. Hell the Jets beat em 41 nothing a couple years back. Just goes to show you likie Mangini has been saying every seson is its own beast to itself. If Chad hit a platue would Mangini play him? No. If they thought Kellen was a better shot would Mangini play him, Yes. Oh and Just cause he's not starting doesnt mean the team isnt finding out if he can play. Im sure Kellen is getting better every time he gets on the field. You dont want a guy just to jump to the NFL with out preperation. He's still a rook and still learning. (yeah yeah I know not a rook but I think his level of play probably is, well if not it doesnt surpass Chads)

Look, its perfect for us, cause like you said the development of Kellen and the team coinsides. I dont think Kellen will start this year or he should start this year, unless he was a better shot. Coaches make that determination. I understand what your saying and think that the coaches probably think the same. Hell they want to win too. I think NY has to find out if Clemens is the real deal, and right now i think he is the next guy for the team. But theres no reason to throw him in this year prematurely. Why, when he can get better and the team has a QB, one that the coaches think, can get it done. Chad went threw hell for the starting job, he earned it, and i think if the Coaches think hes the best guy to win, So do I. Thats my thoughts, plus I think this year is the best chance hes had and the Jets have had to win the big one since Namath. Am I wrong? Think about it. Anyways I really do want to know what Kellen is made of. At the same time I dont think we should throw away the momentum of last season. I will say this though Its not like Chad will play for one second more than he's the best man for the job. I dont think the coach has any problem pulling him. Im just saying lets wait untill that point.

Oh and lets just say Chad is a mediocre Qb and thats it. Im pretty sure mediocre qbs have won the SB, Im jsut saying, anyone can win and dont count chad out untill the coaces do.

Max brought up an excellent point this past season. Shocking.....I know.

Mangini needed Chad to get his program established. The word of Mangini is alot easier to accept when the team is 10-6 as opposed to 4-12. While Chad might have been better for the short term progress of the team, it is not necessarily better for the team's long term progress.

Chad was most likely the best option for last season because Kellen is an unknown. However, any success from last year makes it harder for the Jets' to transition from Chad and get better.

Look at the Broncos. They decided to say "F it" and went with Cutler. Now, they are pretty sure they have their future QB in place. The Jets are headed in the right direction, but are held back by their QB. He is good as he is going to get. Plus, the mediocre QB argument is lame. The Jets do not have the great D needed to compensate for their mediocre QB.

If Mangini is as smart and good as most of you think he is, he knows what he has in Chad. He coached against him for several years in which the Patriots were 6-0 in his last 6 games. He also realizes he either needs a Ravens type D to win a championship or better QB play. I would be willing to bet that the Jets are a slow start away from Kellen taken snaps at QB.

Maybe if the Jets lose to the Phins last year and drop to 2-4 it happens then.

Max brought up an excellent point this past season. Shocking.....I know.

Mangini needed Chad to get his program established. The word of Mangini is alot easier to accept when the team is 10-6 as opposed to 4-12. While Chad might have been better for the short term progress of the team, it is not necessarily better for the team's long term progress.

Chad was most likely the best option for last season because Kellen is an unknown. However, any success from last year makes it harder for the Jets' to transition from Chad and get better.

Look at the Broncos. They decided to say "F it" and went with Cutler. Now, they are pretty sure they have their future QB in place. The Jets are headed in the right direction, but are held back by their QB. He is good as he is going to get. Plus, the mediocre QB argument is lame. The Jets do not have the great D needed to compensate for their mediocre QB.

If Mangini is as smart and good as most of you think he is, he knows what he has in Chad. He coached against him for several years in which the Patriots were 6-0 in his last 6 games. He also realizes he either needs a Ravens type D to win a championship or better QB play. I would be willing to bet that the Jets are a slow start away from Kellen taken snaps at QB.

Maybe if the Jets lose to the Phins last year and drop to 2-4 it happens then.

Excellent post and this is the truth.

Chad is the heart and soul of this team. He is the leader of this team. No one has shown more fight than him over the last few years just to keep his career alive let alone start 16 games last year. He represents the character, toughness, and spirit of this Mangini-led team more than anyone on the roster. CHAD IS THE MAN!!!

I dont think this thread is going to catch on, I mean anyone with even the smallest knowledge of fooball knows Chad is the man for the Jets. Not only because he's the best Qb on the team, but you dont just throw in an unprepeared rook. Expecially right after a season your main guy busted his ass to make the playoffs, something that no one besides a jet faithful(or insane depending where your from) thought possible. Well that and the only argument made from helen guys inbetween thier noodle arm comments is that they already talked about it. Lame excuse at best. JN already had a debate, which I read based on Bartons council. I think everything got sumed up. What really needs to happens is for certain guys just to simply say "I was wrong" and guys like me were 100% right. thats it.

Oh and for Smizzy, I have to disagree with you on one point. Chad is not a mediocre QB in any way shape or form. You know that. I really dont think a mediocre NFL QB would have been able to come back from the injuries Chad has. Nor been able to lead a team to the playoffs with the obvious limitations that Chads game has(limited deep threat). So in my opinion saying he is just a run of the mill guy is nuts. Hes not. He's finds a way to win when most say its impossible. I know NFL QB's are good by just making it to the NFL. But giving a teams fans, let alone Jets fans, that feeling of hope, the feeling a possible championship. Hell the feeling of a winning season. Thats not mediocre thats ****ing amazing....

GREAT POST!

Chad is definitely not a mediocre QB. He is a pretty damn good one as a matter of fact. I'm not gonna say great because he needs more of a body of work to go that far but the guy is much better than people want to give him credit for. Give the guy a consistent running game, an offseason to absorb the new system and practice as opposed to rehab and this whole argument will fade away.

GREAT POST!

Chad is definitely not a mediocre QB. He is a pretty damn good one as a matter of fact. I'm not gonna say great because he needs more of a body of work to go that far but the guy is much better than people want to give him credit for. Give the guy a consistent running game, an offseason to absorb the new system and practice as opposed to rehab and this whole argument will fade away.

He has had 7 years and is as good as he is going to get. Which, BTW is not exactly great.

No - you're right. He's not all the time. Some times he's less than mediocre. But when he's "on" - mediocre is a good description.

Well, unfortunately for you, when Chad is tearing it up this year you will not be allowed to root for him. You can just sit on your hands and hope that Clemens gets his shot.

Well, unfortunately for you, when Chad is tearing it up this year you will not be allowed to root for him. You can just sit on your hands and hope that Clemens gets his shot.

The only thing Chad will be "tearing up" is his right shoulder.

Chad Pennington has never been able to "light up" a defense on any given day without tremendous help from his receiving corps (which has been pretty solid ever year he's been here). He just does not stretch defenses enough to do so.

No - you're wrong - again. I'm a Jets fan and if there's any validity to argument that Chad (for the first time) has had a whole off season to work out and comes back strong and tears it up - theres nobody happier than me. I don't see it happening is all. I'm not rooting against Chad Pennington - I'm rooting for the Jets.

Fine then. Although, I am not sure when you were appointed as the chief of rooting police.

BTW, for the next 10 years (hopefully) while Kellen Clemens is the QB of this franchise, you are not allowed to root for the Jets.

Fine then. Although, I am not sure when you were appointed as the chief of rooting police.

BTW, for the next 10 years (hopefully) while Kellen Clemens is the QB of this franchise, you are not allowed to root for the Jets.

I never talked bad about Clemens as everyone seems to love to do about that guy Chad who IS our starting QB. I am all for Clemens being great but let's see what happens when he does get his chance. Nobody knows nothing about Kellen as a pro except for a big quarter in the preseason last year. Personally I think they will be drafting another QB in two or three years but I hope I am wrong.

By the way, with the amount of disappointing seasons (1979-present) I have lived with as a Jets fan nobody can take away my team.

No - you're wrong - again. I'm a Jets fan and if there's any validity to argument that Chad (for the first time) has had a whole off season to work out and comes back strong and tears it up - theres nobody happier than me. I don't see it happening is all. I'm not rooting against Chad Pennington - I'm rooting for the Jets.

If you're rooting for the Jets you are rooting for Chad. So let's give the QB some support here.

Archived