The Better Holiday?

GLH222

My two favorites have always been the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is premised around eating, family and football while the 4th is based on Patriotism, beer, Springsteen and explosives....I ask you this, not taking the Jets game on Thanksgiving this year into account, which do you prefer??

Thank you too all the Men and Women who risk their lives for our freedom.

My two favorites have always been the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is premised around eating, family and football while the 4th is based on Patriotism, beer, Springsteen and explosives....I ask you this, not taking the Jets game on Thanksgiving this year into account, which do you prefer??

Thanksgiving has always been number 1... Then I say New years eve

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

The 4th is great!

ECurb your always and I mean always on cloud 8.5...

Let me ask you something

And this is a serious question

Because I feel it just may happen this year... If not this year

Then it will happen the next.

If Chad

Pennington

Helps bring this Jets team a superbowl... Not just a superbowl apperance, but a

Superbowl WIN...

Will you

Then

Be on

Cloud

9?

Thanksgiving vs Christmas should be the real debate. Either way, Turkey Day tops all.

Eating great food.

Family.

Friends in some occasions.

Football, and plenty of it.

Weather isn't too hot, nor is it too cold.

Gotta love Turkey Day.

4th of July.

You get to be outside in the sunshine, having fun with family (maybe swimming, but in my family it just look like lost whales).

You can also hide inside and get away from everything when you need to.

Thanksgiving you are crammed in a house, with no escape. You cant watch too much football, or the women get mad you dont want to talk to them (duh! thats the whole reason for sports) Then you sit and listen to Mom or Sis or Wifey get mad because no one will help them make this ridiculous dinner that you barely eat half the food thats there.

4th of July- Hamburgers/Hot Dogs/ Beer

Thanksgiving- Turkey/ Stuffing/ Cranberries/ lots of rum

4th- Baseball

Thanksgiving- John Madden (want some turducken?)

If turkey, stuffing and cranberries were so good, why dont people eat it more often? Thanksgiving is the place for food you normally wouldnt eat. Greenbean casserole?? Yams??

The only saving grace of Thanksgiving is dessert, but by then I'm usually too drunk to enjoy it anyway.

The 4th sucks in a lot of ways that keep it from being the best holiday around. For example: The mother f'n, godforsaken hangover you have to work through the next day, with the assistance of little to no sleep from the night before thanks to extremely considerate neighbors who feel like firework shows were intended to last 12 hours, and the addition of being the only stupid bastard that shows up to work after a day of defiling oneself to the maximum only to have to field all calls and e-mails answering ridiculous questions because your colleagues didn't show. At least Thanksgiving gives you three days to recover! This blows and I have to come back tomorrow!

I second the hangover mention....definitely not enjoying this. Why didn't they just make it a 5 day weekend?

Exactly! How are we supposed to feel freed when we are confined to our jobs under unreasonable conditions? It is mandatory that you get completely smashed on the 4th, but there is no grace period for the return to normalcy.

Vonnie???

No love for Secretaries' Day? Oops, I meant Administrative Assistant's Day. This holiday is brought to you by Hallmark.

The Fourth of July is my favorite. Summertime, BBQs, baseball, fireworks, etc.

Archived