ESPN rates CHAd as 12th Best QB

Kentucky Jet

ESPN has the Jets ranked #12 at QB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. New York Jets

You have to admire Chad Pennington's perseverance. He came back with a throwing shoulder that has been surgically repaired twice and still played all 16 games in 2006. He is a cerebral QB with superior leadership qualities. He has an excellent touch and is a master at reading defenses and making plays in the short passing game. However, his lack of arm strength can tend to hinder his effectiveness. Defenders jump his routes and his accuracy has to be nearly perfect because it takes so long for the ball to get there. Backup Kellen Clemens is the QB of the future. He has better physical skills and arm strength, but he's not quite ready to take over. Ex-Raider Marques Tuiasosopo will fill the No. 3 role and has solid NFL experience. Even if Pennington struggles in 2007, it is unlikely Eric Mangini would make a midseason change.

ESPN has the Jets ranked #12 at QB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. New York Jets

You have to admire Chad Pennington's perseverance. He came back with a throwing shoulder that has been surgically repaired twice and still played all 16 games in 2006. He is a cerebral QB with superior leadership qualities. He has an excellent touch and is a master at reading defenses and making plays in the short passing game. However, his lack of arm strength can tend to hinder his effectiveness. Defenders jump his routes and his accuracy has to be nearly perfect because it takes so long for the ball to get there. Backup Kellen Clemens is the QB of the future. He has better physical skills and arm strength, but he's not quite ready to take over. Ex-Raider Marques Tuiasosopo will fill the No. 3 role and has solid NFL experience. Even if Pennington struggles in 2007, it is unlikely Eric Mangini would make a midseason change.

OMG I am having an orgasm right now!

Take that Don Banks OOoooOOOOooOOOO!!

no, the best way is to use a #11 jets jersey.

This is why I hate chad pennington fans. They're already digging the grave of the prized backup QB because of their ridiculous man-love for Chad Pennington. Chad doesnt care about you, he's just the QB and he's never brought any real joy to you (I dont need to hear any of your bedroom fantasies, thank you). The guy is a loser.

I can tell, you're scared that Chad will lose his job. I just hope you goons dont cry yourselves to sleep after Kellen takes over.

I am going to have a field day when Kellen gets the starting gig. Oh, it will be AWESOME. Prepare to see a massive amount of threads being bumped, and you'll need all the hands you can find to get the eggs off your faces.

:)

This is why I hate chad pennington fans. They're already digging the grave of the prized backup QB because of their ridiculous man-love for Chad Pennington. Chad doesnt care about you, he's just the QB and he's never brought any real joy to you (I dont need to hear any of your bedroom fantasies, thank you). The guy is a loser.

I can tell, you're scared that Chad will lose his job. I just hope you goons dont cry yourselves to sleep after Kellen takes over.

I am going to have a field day when Kellen gets the starting gig. Oh, it will be AWESOME. Prepare to see a massive amount of threads being bumped, and you'll need all the hands you can find to get the eggs off your faces.

the big difference between some of us and you barton and I mean no offense here is WE HAVE NO FRIGGING PERSONAL AGENDAS-WE want whatever and WHOever is best for the Jets TEAM-if it's Chad then we're ALL for Chad if it's gonna be Clemens then great we're all for him too-but the sad truth is this;he can't beat Chad out and there is some doubt that he'll even beat out Oakland's 3rd stringer from last year...We all WANT him to be the next QB-when he EARNS IT and only then

First thing I thought of was oh great now Im going to have to read about how clemens was talked about in this article....sure enough

every single one of us Jets fans to a man and woman I'm SURE all hope and pray he turns out to be the greatest Jets QB since Joe Namath circa 68-69 and 70.

I wonder how many of the Chad haters though wish the same for Chad for this coming year....hmmmmm

Chad Pennington is a loser? Haha, okay.

A loser in life? No, of course not.

But is he a loser in the NFL? You betcha. He folds like a paper napkin when the pressure is on. Deer and the headlights, throwing into triple coverage on 3rd down, excuses etc etc. He's a less talented less successful mike mussina. Neither guy plays with any balls when the sh#t hits the fan.

He's a fraud, and you will all see why in 2007.

A loser in life? No, of course not.

But is he a loser in the NFL? You betcha. He folds like a paper napkin when the pressure is on. Deer and the headlights, throwing into triple coverage on 3rd down, excuses etc etc. He's a less talented less successful mike mussina. Neither guy plays with any balls when the sh#t hits the fan.

He's a fraud, and you will all see why in 2007.

Im willing to be you felt the same way last season... and that led to playoffs and starting job the following year for Chad... keep up the predictions!

This type of "debate" has no end. I recognize that there are folks that just do not like Chad and that is fine. However, I choose to support the starting QB of the Jets and right now that is Chad Pennington. I believe that he will have a good year and as Jet fans I would hope that all of us would want that. At the end of the day barring injury, or really poor play he is our guy. I have nothing against Clemens but seeing him this year would mean that we would be having a bad season or CP got injured, neither of which I want to happen.

ESPN did not rank Chad 12 they listed all of our QBs the 12 best set in the league. We probably have one of the only 3rd stringers with starting experience and our 2nd stringer is the QB of the future, its a much better situation to be in then most teams.

ESPN did not rank Chad 12 they listed all of our QBs the 12 best set in the league. We probably have one of the only 3rd stringers with starting experience and our 2nd stringer is the QB of the future, its a much better situation to be in then most teams.

Well that explains why we are #12, we have Clemens on our team. ;)

Even with all of his shortcomings, Kellen still can't beat him out, and he still ranked 12th with his mediocre stats last year, lets see what kellen can do in the preseason games, you have alot riding on it.

Semper Fi:fighting0002:

every single one of us Jets fans to a man and woman I'm SURE all hope and pray he turns out to be the greatest Jets QB since Joe Namath circa 68-69 and 70.

I wonder how many of the Chad haters though wish the same for Chad for this coming year....hmmmmm

Wow... you nailed it...

Well that explains why we are #12, we have Clemens on our team. ;)
so if the ranking is all 3 qb's, chad, kellen-no expeirance, tui-not so stellar start to his carreer, and we are still 12th with the other 2 diluting the pot, i guess chad must not be that bad! by the way how is the geeky a$$ r.c .helicopter attack plan going?

Semper Fi:Trk:

so if the ranking is all 3 qb's, chad, kellen-no expeirance, tui-not so stellar start to his carreer, and we are still 12th with the other 2 diluting the pot,

i guess chad must not be that bad! by the way how is the geeky a$$ r.c .helicopter attack plan going?

Semper Fi

Chad is going down come training camp. :shock:

the big difference between some of us and you barton and I mean no offense here is WE HAVE NO FRIGGING PERSONAL AGENDAS-WE want whatever and WHOever is best for the Jets TEAM-if it's Chad then we're ALL for Chad if it's gonna be Clemens then great we're all for him too-but the sad truth is this;he can't beat Chad out and there is some doubt that he'll even beat out Oakland's 3rd stringer from last year...We all WANT him to be the next QB-when he EARNS IT and only then

POTW nom.

Archived