Cedric Houston Retiring!!!!

SoFlaJets

How can the Jets recover from a sudden blow like this? Its Barry Sanders Part II.

hey Barton you hear your boy has been stinking it up out there? In fact, Brad Smith may be the back-up QB-wonder if Clemens gets cut?

I'm thinking his thyroid problem is a factor, even though he's got it somewhat under control now. I don't see him as a 'quitter', not at all. It isn't going to 'hurt the team' all that much. I guess he's doing what he thinks is right for his health and his family, and I can't fault anyone for that. I was a little bit surprised at the news, though, I have to say. I liked him. He worked hard. Underdog and all that. Good luck, Cedric.

hey Barton you hear your boy has been stinking it up out there? In fact, Brad Smith may be the back-up QB-wonder if Clemens gets cut?

I saw it with my own two eyes, fellas.....Clemens threw some duck farts today.

What did that have to do with quoting my post, exactly?

BTW, your post is in jest but still alittle idiotic. JMO.

maybe-but still true

Remember, and I think I made this clear many times before.....

I'm not married on Kellen Clemens being the QB of the future. In fact, I am MORE than open to drafting another QB in the upcoming draft. BUT, I'd like to see what Kellen has before drafting another QB.

Its all moot though. Kellen will get his chances this season.

Remember, and I think I made this clear many times before.....

I'm not married on Kellen Clemens being the QB of the future. In fact, I am MORE than open to drafting another QB in the upcoming draft. BUT, I'd like to see what Kellen has before drafting another QB.

Its all moot though. Kellen will get his chances this season.

where do you see these chances coming from Barton? I can see him being inactive half the season-again...sad, but true

where do you see these chances coming from Barton? I can see him being inactive half the season-again...sad, but true

He'll win the #2 job. Then our starting QB will get injured or benched, the Jets will have a losing record and POOF there you have it: Enter Kellen Clemens.

Wait, I mean the Jets are going 12-4. yeaaaaa

He'll win the #2 job. Then our starting QB will get injured or benched, the Jets will have a losing record and POOF there you have it: Enter Kellen Clemens.

keep dreaming Barton the guy from EVERY report I've heard and seen doesn't seem to have it.He throws ducks and his footwork is bad-sounds like a 3rd stringer to me.And, he can't even run-like a good 3rd stringer at LEAST should be able to do;see Brooks Bollinger. Brad Smith can-Tui can

What did that have to do with quoting my post, exactly?

BTW, your post is in jest but still alittle idiotic. JMO.

LMAO Barton, I don't really think you should be the one criticizing OTHER people for bringing up QB play even if the previous posts were unrelated.

Wait, wasn't this what was supposed to happen last year??

Wait, wasn't this what was supposed to happen last year??

and what sucks is that we ALL hope Kellen Clemens turns out to be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana-or at least Ray Lucas-both may be too high of expectations-and that DOES suck

and what sucks is that we ALL hope Kellen Clemens turns out to be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana-or at least Ray Lucas-both may be too high of expectations-and that DOES suck

Too bad but reen if Kellen sucks (which it sounds like he really might) it was still a fantastic first draft for Manenbaum.

Maybe now we won't draft a slow, frail, midget QB. We could have had a beast like Cutler, or a unique weapon like VY, but instead we get this schmuck. Maybe this is the curse of Namath, we're forever doomed to selecting physically defective QBs. Just once I'd like to get a guy that's bigger, stronger or faster than atleast some other QBs.

Says the two-year removed "DRAFT CEDRIC HOUSTON! DRAFT CEDRIC HOUSTON!"

Anyway, this blows.

He looked alot bigger and faster vs college defenses. Hey, he was a solid pick in the 6th round though.

I wish him luck, hope he is ok. Gotta say this.....he really looks like a turtle.

How can the Jets recover from a sudden blow like this? Its Barry Sanders Part II.

Remember when you wrote the article about Cedric? You almost cried when it was posted with the heading: Cedric The Entertainer

Remember when you wrote the article about Cedric? You almost cried when it was posted with the heading: Cedric The Entertainer

I think that was tomshanes doing. BTW, thanks for listing me in featured editorials. Buttmuncher.

We have Tony Fisher?

Signed him last night.

As for Cedric, I really liked him, a lot. After he stepped in for the final 4 games and started and ran well, considering the Offensive Line he was running behind, I thought he could become the #1 back-up in New York or a possible starter in '06. Obviously, Mangini & Co. didn't think that was the case with the aquistion of Kevan Barlow and the drafting of Leon Washington. Its a shame that Cedric couldn't stay healthy and his injury history could've played into account as to his sudden, strange retirement.

2nd round picks, no matter how badly they are playing, do not get cut after yr 2.

Maybe now we won't draft a slow, frail, midget QB. We could have had a beast like Cutler, or a unique weapon like VY, but instead we get this schmuck. Maybe this is the curse of Namath, we're forever doomed to selecting physically defective QBs. Just once I'd like to get a guy that's bigger, stronger or faster than atleast some other QBs.

At least get your facts straight about a player when pretending to know anything. You have OBVIOUSLY never even seen at least alittle video on the subject.

Clemens is actually pretty fast for a QB.

I wanted Cutler too, but there's no sense crying over spilled milk.

Archived