Herm Q&A 8/13

BP

link

That's why you've gotten off to terrible starts all the time, Herm :confused0058:

HAHA! You'll never hear Mangini say that, EVER! HAHA!

The only terrible starts he got off to were in injury years. in '02 the team was beat up early, in '03 Chad was out for half the year and in '05 half the team was injured. In '01 they stated 3-3(not great but not terrible), '04 they were 5-0 and last year KC started 3-3. When will you give up your obsession and just move on?

Haha, that quote got me also. Mangenious would never say that about ANYBODY, nevermind a TC holdout!!!

That may be true, but the Mangini regime also rigorously restricts it's draft choices and FA pickups to brainiacs. They aren't drafting anybody that did too poorly on the Wonderlic. I hope we hear some simplification chatter this week when Revis gets to camp.

NYJunc, you don't think Herm caused some slow starts? Look at Curtis. Herm was going to "save him for the season" and he sucked at the start of Herm's tenure. Except 2004 after Curtis basically demanded work in the preseason. Not to mention his utter failure to play Vinny so that when Chad went down in '03 Testaverde was unprepared.

The only terrible starts he got off to were in injury years. in '02 the team was beat up early, in '03 Chad was out for half the year and in '05 half the team was injured. In '01 they stated 3-3(not great but not terrible), '04 they were 5-0 and last year KC started 3-3. When will you give up your obsession and just move on?

The great thing about JN is that Herm bashing is openly permitted here without reprisal, you're in the minority. just accept it.

The Jets were not ready to play on opening day in 2001 at home,2002 in Buffalo and 2005 in KC from my memory, and the Chiefs looked horrible last year on opening day.

NYJunc, you don't think Herm caused some slow starts? Look at Curtis. Herm was going to "save him for the season" and he sucked at the start of Herm's tenure. Except 2004 after Curtis basically demanded work in the preseason. Not to mention his utter failure to play Vinny so that when Chad went down in '03 Testaverde was unprepared.

His Herm obsession knows no bounds. he's becoming the most delusional poster I've seen in a while.

Are the injuries possibly related to less work in training camp? Obviously a broken bone or torn rotator cuff would probably happen either way. But I always wondered if a softer camp = more hammy pulls, etc.

link

That's why you've gotten off to terrible starts all the time, Herm :confused0058:

HAHA! You'll never hear Mangini say that, EVER! HAHA!

I don't know. I think I might have to call shenanigans on this one.

As much as everyone hates Herm I can't kill him for not running 2 a days right now. You kill them now what is left come December ?

Herm played for Dick Vermeil in Philly during their glory days and he knows what real 2 days were all about. Nobody ran a tougher camp than Vermeil did those years and towards the end (1981,1982) they had nothing left in the tank.

Kill Edwards for just about everything you want. He wants his players though ready to play 16 games not 1.

I tried to read it. But it made my hair hurt. For much the same reason you don't engage in conversations with bums living on subway grates, I didn't.

But I will watch "Hard Knocks" again. I can never get enough of that high-powered Dick Curl offense, nor the wit and wisdom of noted intellects Kyle"15 yard for unsportmanlike conduct" Turley or Jared "suspended gonad kicker"Allen.

As much as everyone hates Herm I can't kill him for not running 2 a days right now. You kill them now what is left come December ?

Herm played for Dick Vermeil in Philly during their glory days and he knows what real 2 days were all about. Nobody ran a tougher camp than Vermeil did those years and towards the end (1981,1982) they had nothing left in the tank.

Kill Edwards for just about everything you want. He wants his players though ready to play 16 games not 1.

The players were usually exhausted on opening day from not being in shape. and there was a lot of hamstring injuries and pulled muscles that are usually from not being in shape. so if you're saying Herm worked the players into shape during the season, I would agree. but the good coaches don't do it like that.

Look, I may have been the one of the last guys to fall off his bandwagon and

the reason it happened was that in 2005 he didn't care what his players were

doing in the weightroom. A lot of them never even showed up. It was well

documented. they were dropping like flies. they would have been safer in iraq.

Mangini last year put the Jets thru as vigorous a camp as any team in the NFL

and they went thru the year with minimal injuries. No one as far as i know

said anyone hit a wall at the end of the season.

This year it looks like the same camp and to date all we have heard is the

usual hammies and leg injuries. The TJ injury was even a fluke. Compare this

to other teams who are losing major players already and only one preseason

game has been played.

You say kill Edward for everything but this? This is the one thing I kill him

for is that he runs a Club Med. I don't care how he got us into the playoffs

even if it was bribery or smoking mirrors because i have been a Jet fan for

47 years and playoffs teams were hard to come by. But his lack of discipline

is something i can never forgive him for.

Look, I may have been the one of the last guys to fall off his bandwagon and

the reason it happened was that in 2005 he didn't care what his players were

doing in the weightroom. A lot of them never even showed up. It was well

documented. they were dropping like flies. they would have been safer in iraq.

Mangini last year put the Jets thru as vigorous a camp as any team in the NFL

and they went thru the year with minimal injuries. No one as far as i know

said anyone hit a wall at the end of the season.

This year it looks like the same camp and to date all we have heard is the

usual hammies and leg injuries. The TJ injury was even a fluke. Compare this

to other teams who are losing major players already and only one preseason

game has been played.

You say kill Edward for everything but this? This is the one thing I kill him

for is that he runs a Club Med. I don't care how he got us into the playoffs

even if it was bribery or smoking mirrors because i have been a Jet fan for

47 years and playoffs teams were hard to come by. But his lack of discipline

is something i can never forgive him for.

I agree to a certain extent.

I think towards the end of Herm's Error he lost the team and that is the real reason why he left.

Teams go through years like the Jets did in 05 and have their seasons wrecked. The Jets had been lucky that they hadn't gone through it is quite a while.

Look at Walton's teams. He absoultely killed them in camp and they still ended up getting hurt. I mean how many times did we see guys in the secondary getting banged up ? And how can we forget when they lost Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons and Mehl in 86. These things happen, they don't happen alot but they do happen.

In my opinion Herm lost the team probably after the Steelers playoff loss and definately lost them after that abysmal perfomance in the Ravens game in 05 after Chad got hurt. He lost his trust in the players and the players certainly did not trust him.

To me Herm no more than Bruce Coslet with a bigger mouth.

That may be true, but the Mangini regime also rigorously restricts it's draft choices and FA pickups to brainiacs. They aren't drafting anybody that did too poorly on the Wonderlic. I hope we hear some simplification chatter this week when Revis gets to camp.

The only real slow stats for Curtis under Herm were 2002 and 2005. In 02 he was hurt, in '05 the Ol was terrible and the QBs were dropping like flies. h had por starts uder bil parcellsin both 1998 and 1999.

The great thing about JN is that Herm bashing is openly permitted here without reprisal, you're in the minority. just accept it.

The Jets were not ready to play on opening day in 2001 at home,2002 in Buffalo and 2005 in KC from my memory, and the Chiefs looked horrible last year on opening day.

His Herm obsession knows no bounds. he's becoming the most delusional poster I've seen in a while.

You are right about herm obsessions but it is people like you who are obsessed. I am obsessed w/ the truth and when I see lies being posted I step in.

We won opening day in 2002, we would have been a TD don in the 4th qtr of the '01 game if iny doesn't fumble and Indy runs it back 99 yds. The only game we were thoroughly dominated in was the '05 opener.

Are the injuries possibly related to less work in training camp? Obviously a broken bone or torn rotator cuff would probably happen either way. But I always wondered if a softer camp = more hammy pulls, etc.

We had a tough camp in 1999, right? Yet we were injury ravaged. We were healthy n 2001 espite Herm's "soft cmp", right?

With the exception of one year, Herm's teams were NEVER prepared on opening day. It seems like every year was spent trying to play catch up after starting 1-4.

The only yer w were dominated was 2005. '01 we we in the game until a bad play late, '02 we won, '03 we ost by a FG a week after losing our trting QB, '04 we won.

You are right about herm obsessions but it is people like you who are obsessed. I am obsessed w/ the truth and when I see lies being posted I step in.

That's your opinion, it doesn't mean it's the truth.

We won opening day in 2002, we would have been a TD don in the 4th qtr of the '01 game if iny doesn't fumble and Indy runs it back 99 yds. The only game we were thoroughly dominated in was the '05 opener.

Yes we won on opening day in 2002, but Damien Robinson roughed the punter late in that game while the Jets had a comfortable lead. dumb coaching, dumb (Herm Player) Player. your 01 explanation is ridiculous, I'm not even gonna comment on that one.

"The only year we were dominated was 2005. '01 we we in the game until a bad play late, '02 we won, '03 we ost by a FG a week after losing our trting QB, '04 we won.

Nonsense. Bullspit.Horsefeathers. I'm never allowing this silliness to go unaddressed. The folks at HBO continue with this "playoffs in 3 of 5 years" idiocy without looking past the numbers. I'd also note when you look at home many teams favored at home on the last day of 2006, the chances of the Chiefs getting in at 9-7 were simply ridiculous and unprecedented. Herman Edwards, year after year,is Earth's luckiest biped.

To recap-

2001-lucky kick due to 9/11 allows the Jets to get spanked in Oakland.

In 2002, they started out 1-4 , and only reached the playoffs as a 9-7 wildcard becasue Dipsheet had no choice but to insert Chad"He's not ready,and may never be ready, and look at that Tory Woodbury!"Pennington, an guy he denigrated and spoke ill of until he had no other choice. Edwards was staring down a serious dose of unemployment if he hadn't.

2003 and 2005 were debacles form the word go.And both were because Edwards thinks drafting Marco Cvaka and signing dregs off the street is building an OL, and less important than keeping DL and DB guys at full employment.

2004 was a huge lost opportunity, period.

In 2002, they started out 1-4 , and only reached the playoffs as a 9-7 wildcard becasue Dipsheet had no choice but to insert Chad"He's not ready,and may never be ready, and look at that Tory Woodbury!"Pennington, an guy he denigrated and spoke ill of until he had no other choice. Edwards was staring down a serious dose of unemployment if he hadn't.

That lone win in the first 4 was because of TWO kick return TD's, including the only one in overtime history. Plus Testaverde had a 4th-Q interception called back for PI away from the play. Gave us a free 20 yards & we scored a TD on the next play. Then Hermie's supposedly stellar pass defense gave up a 30-yd TD pass on figgin' 4th & 10 with 30 seconds left in the game. Buffalo also had the ball for twice as long as we did (40 min - 20 min). Oh yeah, we were good right out of the gate in '02.

That's your opinion, it doesn't mean it's the truth.

Yes we won on opening day in 2002, but Damien Robinson roughed the punter late in that game while the Jets had a comfortable lead. dumb coaching, dumb (Herm Player) Player. your 01 explanation is ridiculous, I'm not even gonna comment on that one.

A comfortable lead? we led by a TD. it was an extrememely dumb play but it was Herm's fault? meggett not catching the Ko in the '98 title game was even dumber- was that parcells' fault?

"The only year we were dominated was 2005. '01 we we in the game until a bad play late, '02 we won, '03 we ost by a FG a week after losing our trting QB, '04 we won.

Nonsense. Bullspit.Horsefeathers. I'm never allowing this silliness to go unaddressed. The folks at HBO continue with this "playoffs in 3 of 5 years" idiocy without looking past the numbers. I'd also note when you look at home many teams favored at home on the last day of 2006, the chances of the Chiefs getting in at 9-7 were simply ridiculous and unprecedented. Herman Edwards, year after year,is Earth's luckiest biped.

To recap-

2001-lucky kick due to 9/11 allows the Jets to get spanked in Oakland.

2003 and 2005 were debacles form the word go.And both were because Edwards thinks drafting Marco Cvaka and signing dregs off the street is building an OL, and less important than keeping DL and DB guys at full employment.

2004 was a huge lost opportunity, period.

2001; we don't know what would have happened if 9/11 didn't happen so stop w/ that nonsense. We won 10 games, we won at oak for the first time since we were the Titans and we earned our way into the playoffs.

2002; we were beat up early in the year, we had 4/5 of the Ol out or playing hurt, Curtis was also playing hurt rushing for less than 100 yds total in the 1st 4 games and Abe was playing hurt on D and we had 5-6 new starters. once we began to get healthier we took off and of course you don't credit Herm for keeping the team together despite the poor start. Most teams would have tanked it.

'03 and '05: welost our starting QB a week before the '03 season and we got beat up in FA, in '05 we played most of the season w/ a 4th string QB, we had a 3rd string B for a good portion, the Ol had ONE starter begin an end the season in the same spot, we lost 2 PB caliber DL, our best defensive player from '04, our best STs player. we saw what the team looked like health in 2004 and then again in 2006.

2004: we did blow a big opportunity but our K missed 2 makeable kicks and again of course Herm gets no credit for having us in a positition to win despite having a QB playing w/ a torn rotator cuff and missing our dominant pass rusher.

That lone win in the first 4 was because of TWO kick return TD's, including the only one in overtime history. Plus Testaverde had a 4th-Q interception called back for PI away from the play. Gave us a free 20 yards & we scored a TD on the next play. Then Hermie's supposedly stellar pass defense gave up a 30-yd TD pass on figgin' 4th & 10 with 30 seconds left in the game. Buffalo also had the ball for twice as long as we did (40 min - 20 min). Oh yeah, we were good right out of the gate in '02.

I didn't say we were good out of the gate in '02, the '02 opener was listed as a bad game and we won it. We were beat up eearly in that eason and Herm kept that team together and as we got healthier we went on a great run.

Oh yeah, we were good right out of the gate in '02.

Remember that one year - I think it was 2002- where the defense was not even tackling? It went on for like, six weeks. It was so embarrassing.

I recall Shakin318's anecdote about driving past the practice field, pulling over his car, climbing the fence and screaming at them to START TACKLING.

It was pathetic. And of course, Hermy would babble on and on at each press conference "well we have to start tackling". I mean, can you imagine, an NFL HC having to answer questions- week after week- about why his team is not tackling.

Of course, the Jets turned the season around against San Diego, and Josh Evans celebrated in the locker room by admonishing Bob Wischusen for doubting them. :lol:

I wish he would have started some sh*t with Marty Lyons, that would have been good.

Remember that one year - I think it was 2002- where the defense was not even tackling? It went on for like, six weeks. It was so embarrassing.

I remember a Monday night game against the 49ers that year where the 49ers ran for something like 300 yards against the Jets. it was embarrassing, and all Hermy said was ''we have to tackle better, I tell the players that all the time''.

A comfortable lead? we led by a TD. it was an extrememely dumb play but it was Herm's fault? meggett not catching the Ko in the '98 title game was even dumber- was that parcells' fault?

Megget not catching that ball was Megget's fault. but granted the wind was crazy in that game. Parcells had no problem telling or calling a player stupid.

Herm insisted on over paying for that jackass Damien Robinson, besides the ak-47 horsecrap and the Kyle Turley incident he was probably the dumbest player I have ever seen. and whats Herm's response? ''Before he was a football player he was a man'' WTF does that mean?:confused0058:

So he's not a good football player?

Herm was ultimately responsible for bring that expensive jackass here, along with Cowart and Jolley and some other doozy's.

The fact that this Hermy Lover cannot even acknowledge that Herm's teams started just about every season looking disorganized and unpreapred just shows that there is no sense even responding to his idiiocy on this topic.

2001- That opening game was a joke! I was there! We looked like a damn circus. We subsequently win 4 games (mostly aginst bad teams) by a total of 8 points, lose a HORRID game at hoke to 2 win Bufalo in week 15, and then sneak in and get embarrassed by Oak in the playoffs.

2002- We win opening day on 2 KO returns and then get BLOWN out 3 weeks in a row until Chad saves our season. 9-7 sneaks us in after an improbable series of events and a HORRID loss to a terrible Chi team in week 15.

2003- We start out 0-4. Granted we had no Chad but its not like Vinny was some schlep and Hermy all but gave up the season the moment Chad went down.

2004- 5-0 start whihc included a nearly blown game opening day and sqeaker wins v two terrible teams in SF and Mia. After whihc we lose to just about every good team we play and finsih 10-6. I wont even bring up the playoff game in Pitt.

2005- That opening day in KC was one of the bggest embarrassments in team history followed by the worst Jet season in a decade...and then the lying little phoney skips town on us (which while blessing for us, just showed what a lying fake he is).

But seriously guys...just ignore this fool. He will defend Edwards under every ciorcumstance and then claim he is "seeing lies and must expose the truth". That he cant even acknowledge this issue of the slow starts whihc is plain as day shows hes just a blind fool.

As to the show...I applaud HBO for showing the rest of the country what we Jet fans knew for years...that Edwadrs is noting more then a Fraud cheerleader. I mena why do you think HBO chose KC for the show? because they knew Herm had the rep for being "entertaining". But wathcing this show and seeing how little (other then use red magic marker and comment on shorts fashion) this Fraud does, it just validate severything I tohught and said about the man since late 2001.

The fact that this Hermy Lover cannot even acknowledge that Herm's teams started just about every season looking disorganized and unpreapred just shows that there is no sense even responding to his idiiocy on this topic.

2001- That opening game was a joke! I was there! We looked like a damn circus. We subsequently win 4 games (mostly aginst bad teams) by a total of 8 points, lose a HORRID game at hoke to 2 win Bufalo in week 15, and then sneak in and get embarrassed by Oak in the playoffs.

2002- We win opening day on 2 KO returns and then get BLOWN out 3 weeks in a row until Chad saves our season. 9-7 sneaks us in after an improbable series of events and a HORRID loss to a terrible Chi team in week 15.

2003- We start out 0-4. Granted we had no Chad but its not like Vinny was some schlep and Hermy all but gave up the season the moment Chad went down.

2004- 5-0 start whihc included a nearly blown game opening day and sqeaker wins v two terrible teams in SF and Mia. After whihc we lose to just about every good team we play and finsih 10-6. I wont even bring up the playoff game in Pitt.

2005- That opening day in KC was one of the bggest embarrassments in team history followed by the worst Jet season in a decade...and then the lying little phoney skips town on us (which while blessing for us, just showed what a lying fake he is).

But seriously guys...just ignore this fool. He will defend Edwards under every ciorcumstance and then claim he is "seeing lies and must expose the truth". That he cant even acknowledge this issue of the slow starts whihc is plain as day shows hes just a blind fool.

As to the show...I applaud HBO for showing the rest of the country what we Jet fans knew for years...that Edwadrs is noting more then a Fraud cheerleader. I mena why do you think HBO chose KC for the show? because they knew Herm had the rep for being "entertaining". But wathcing this show and seeing how little (other then use red magic marker and comment on shorts fashion) this Fraud does, it just validate severything I tohught and said about the man since late 2001.

Good post...except its whiCH not whihc.

Good post...except its whiCH not whihc.

I type fast and dont have time to proof and thus I have typos. On JA they are used to it. I'll try and be more careful here.

But it's just a typo...get over it.

And for the record it's "it's" not its...touche.

I type fast and dont have time to proof and thus I have typos. On JA they are used to it. I'll try and be more careful here.

But its just a typo...get over it.

And for the record it's "it's" not its...touche.

You keep posting your style Gold, I love it! ;)

2001- That opening game was a joke! I was there! We looked like a damn circus.

I was there too. It was the first in many where I left the stadium convinced that Woody owed the fans a refund for fraud. Because when you pay to see a game, you expect a quality performance. But what I saw (and would continue to see, more often than not) was a totally unprepared team, both physically and mentally, and a HC and his staff that was way in over there heads. He was boo'd at halftime, and deservedly so.

If memory serves me right, weren't the Jets down by two scores with like 8 minutes to go, and Herm was still feeding the ball to Martin, and running out the play clock? There was no sense of urgency, it was as if the Jets were playing with the lead, and not vice verca. This was the game where the 'It's Hackett who is the problem, not Herm' myth started. Imagine that, the HC was helpless to the play calling of his OC. Only Hermies Moonies could engage in such mental gymnastics as to absolve Hermy from all wrong.

And then he was rewarded with a contract extension. Thanks Woody, you moron!

2004- 5-0 start which included a nearly blown game opening day and squeaker wins v two terrible teams in SF and Mia. After which we lose to just about every good team we play and finish 10-6. I wont even bring up the playoff game in Pitt.

Like in the Chicago game the previous season, Martin is going to get X amount of carries per game, come hell or high water, whether down by two scores or up by one, or if Martin had two high ankle sprains.

There were no injuries at the beginning of the season. The opening day shellacking was a end result of 5 years of clueless management and of pure folly. Herm put Pennington back on the field after re injuring a rotator cuff- he shouldn't have even started because of his delayed surgery. Herm was having dinner with Carl Peterson the night before the game- shows you where his head was at- Lining up his future pigeons. In the end, the guy showed he was a scumbag.

I'm just glad it's finally over. Now I can enjoy his act from a distance.

But seriously guys...just ignore this fool. He will defend Edwards under every circumstance and then claim he is "seeing lies and must expose the truth". That he cant even acknowledge this issue of the slow starts which is plain as day shows hes just a blind fool.

"Seeing lies and must expose the truth".

:lol:

Sot on Gold. Spot on.

You can make all the excuses you want but the results do not lie. You can ignore me and the truth all you want, i'm just here posting FACTS not twisting everything towards a negative slant. Some day you'll get it.

You can make all the excuses you want but the results do not lie. You can ignore me and the truth all you want, i'm just here posting FACTS not twisting everything towards a negative slant. Some day you'll get it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...you've become boring and predictable in addtion to being wrong. Worse for you, you've become a source of comedy and ridicule on the subject.

Nothing that I wrote in that post is anything but fact and to be honest I know I (and I am sure most others here) are tired of trying to educate you on this subject. But I dont plan to ignore you on the subject. I plan to read everything you write so I can get a good laugh and amuse myself at your ignorant expense. What I do not plan to do is discuss the matter with you anymore because if you cannot even admit that Herm's teams historically start out seasons poorly then it simply shows that you either a) have no idea what you are talking about B) have become so obsessed with defending Herm that you know longer deal in or have any concept of reality or c) are simply trying to get a rise out of people. So...no need to respond to any more of your "truths".

Now go roll over and give Hermy a kiss goodnight.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...you've become boring and predictable in addtion to being wrong. Worse for you, you've become a source of comedy and ridicule on the subject.

Nothing that I wrote in that post is anything but fact and to be honest I know I (and I am sure most others here) are tired of trying to educate you on this subject. But I dont plan to ignore you on the subject. I plan to read everything you write so I can get a good laugh and amuse myself at your ignorant expense. What I do not plan to do is discuss the matter with you anymore because if you cannot even admit that Herm's teams historically start out seasons poorly then it simply shows that you either a) have no idea what you are talking about B) have become so obsessed with defending Herm that you know longer deal in or have any concept of reality or c) are simply trying to get a rise out of people. So...no need to respond to any more of your "truths".

Now go roll over and give Hermy a kiss goodnight.

I have become boring and predictable?:confused::confused: That describes you and the other Herm bashers perfectly. You spout the same old misinformation over and over and over again and ignore the facts. I have been tearing apart your weak posts for months and months now, you have no argument.

I have become boring and predictable?:confused::confused: That describes you and the other Herm bashers perfectly. You spout the same old misinformation over and over and over again and ignore the facts. I have been tearing apart your weak posts for months and months now, you have no argument.

Herm Edwards is not a good head coach. He is a good motivator and has easy practices... he gets older players to like him and play their heart out for him while screwing over the younger talent (Cotch) and essentially ruin the future of the team he is on... he will never coach a team for more than 5 seasons... the bridge will always be burnt by then.

How can you in your right mind be a JETS fan and like Herm? He ran Curtis into the ground... ruined Chad's arm further... never gave Cotch a chance... the list goes on...

Archived