Dolphins vs KC @ 8pm Tonight

BwanaZulia

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only preseason but some quick notes anyway about this game

Both OLINES are going to be pretty bad this year.

To Cam Cameron's credit he is doing some nice things with the offense from what Ive seen, but taht OLINE is going to limit him a great deal.

The Chiefs actually have some very nice talent on the defensive side of the ball but you can tell they are Hermanized already. THEY LOok out of shape and cant tackle. Classic byproduct of Herm's cup cake "training camps." It will take them about half of the regular season to get that squared away. A.K.A. The Herm "gelling" period.

Then you have gold ol herm on the sidelines. Just standing there, not saying anything even though he is wearing a headset, continues to smile after something bad happens (that always frightened me about the guy) or just stares away into the stars. He has his classic "Can we please get this game over with so we can get to my press conference" look on his face.

The Chiefs' pathetic run stopping defense made Ronnie Brown look like he was actually a good running back. Kind of surprising. Hopefully Chatman can be Miami's #2 / change of pace this season, because we all know that poor ole Ronnie Brown can't touch the ball more than 15 times a game or else its a dramatic decrease in performance.

For the #2 overall pick, Brown has not lived up to expectations.

The Chiefs' pathetic run stopping defense made Ronnie Brown look like he was actually a good running back. Kind of surprising. Hopefully Chatman can be Miami's #2 / change of pace this season, because we all know that poor ole Ronnie Brown can't touch the ball more than 15 times a game or else its a dramatic decrease in performance.

For the #2 overall pick, Brown has not lived up to expectations.

I agree, Emmit Smith said something very interesting to me that I never really thought off. Being a 1,000 yard rusher is not that great, it's only 60 yards a game, and Brown was just over that mark by a bit.

I agree, Emmit Smith said something very interesting to me that I never really thought off. Being a 1,000 yard rusher is not that great, it's only 60 yards a game, and Brown was just over that mark by a bit.

there are a lot of teams that will give up a good amount in exchange for a 60 ypg back.

Ronnie had over 1,000 yards in 06' after missing 3 games with a broken hand, and against the Jets on Christmas (I know the phins lost) Ronnie had a 6 ypc average, not bad. Ronnies' true threat comes when he is running and catching the ball, he has really good hands and a burning desire to slam defenders. I am hoping that with the Jets weak run defense, Ronnie will have multiple 100 yard games this year agains the Jets.

It is true our O-line sucks, but the Phins are 2-0 in the pre season and are headed in the right direction. Our first team offense was better today than last week and I feel they have nowhere to go but up. ALL RIGHT MIAMIIIIIII!!!!!

Ronnie had over 1,000 yards in 06' after missing 3 games with a broken hand, and against the Jets on Christmas (I know the phins lost) Ronnie had a 6 ypc average, not bad. Ronnies' true threat comes when he is running and catching the ball, he has really good hands and a burning desire to slam defenders. I am hoping that with the Jets weak run defense, Ronnie will have multiple 100 yard games this year against the Jets.

It is true our O-line sucks, but the Phins are 2-0 in the pre season and are headed in the right direction. Our first team offense was better today than last week and I feel they have nowhere to go but up. ALL RIGHT MIAMIIIIIII!!!!!

Are you kidding ?

Please tell me your joking.

There two best defensive players both thought about retiring this year, their QB is older than dirt, their RB and WR's are both inconsistent, and their offensive line absoutletey blows. And your sitting here and telling me, they are going in the right direction ?

Are you kidding ?

Please tell me your joking.

There two best defensive players both thought about retiring this year, their QB is older than dirt, their RB and WR's are both inconsistent, and their offensive line absoutletey blows. And your sitting here and telling me, they are going in the right direction ?

What? Was it the snide remark about the Jets bad run D that upset you.

No I'm not joking. Our defense is tough. Our first team D is sick, and our main starters haven't even played yet and were kickin' butt. As far as our 2 best defensive players talking about retirement... The word retirement never came out of Zacks' mouth and Jason Taylor is sticking around for another 3-5 years. Follow the link. http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/17820

The offense is a work in progress, but it is progressing. Our line does blow, I can admit that, but it will get better allowing our WR's and RB's to improve. Not for nothin' but the jets have very little depth at both of those positions. If Jones, Coles or Crotchery went down the game planning would change in a heartbeat. Pennington and injuries... 2005, 4-12. :shutit:

No I'm not joking. Our defense is tough. Our first team D is sick, and our main starters haven't even played yet and were kickin' butt. As far as our 2 best defensive players talking about retirement... The word retirement never came out of Zacks' mouth and Jason Taylor is sticking around for another 3-5 years. Follow the link. http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/17820

The offense is a work in progress, but it is progressing. Our line does blow, I can admit that, but it will get better allowing our WR's and RB's to improve. Not for nothing' but the jets have very little depth at both of those positions. If Jones, Coles or Cotchery went down the game planning would change in a heartbeat. Pennington and injuries... 2005, 4-12. :shutit:

What upset me was the comment about you guys going the right direction, your entire offensive line is playing positions their not familiar with. Their QB situation is horribile. I also can't picture Thomas playing football when he's 65.

Ronnie had over 1,000 yards in 06' after missing 3 games with a broken hand, and against the Jets on Christmas (I know the phins lost) Ronnie had a 6 ypc average, not bad. Ronnies' true threat comes when he is running and catching the ball, he has really good hands and a burning desire to slam defenders. I am hoping that with the Jets weak run defense, Ronnie will have multiple 100 yard games this year agains the Jets.

The Dolfags suck, BIG TIME. End of story. :Typotux:

The offense is a work in progress, but it is progressing. Our line does blow, I can admit that, but it will get better allowing our WR's and RB's to improve. Not for nothin' but the jets have very little depth at both of those positions. If Jones, Coles or Crotchery went down the game planning would change in a heartbeat. Pennington and injuries... 2005, 4-12. :shutit:

Yea tough and very old. LMAO With your great first round draft choice your team should be last in our division..

:rl: And to think I almost forgot about their #1 pick. I know the Dolfag fans haven't forgotten. :Nuts:

Your 1st round pick is no prize. Actually Revis is your 1st AND 2nd round pick all wrapped up into a PR/KR/CB who was coached in college by Dave Wannstedt. So in reality the Jets actually spent a 1st and 2nd on a special teams player. Miami spent only a 1st on the fastest player in the NFL. Not to mention Miami passed on the overated prima donna QB and took the mature, humble, tough and accurate John Beck in the 2nd round. 2 games in a row now that Beck has led a 4th quarter comeback to win the game. Guy has moxie.

Your 1st round pick is no prize. Actually Revis is your 1st AND 2nd round pick all wrapped up into a PR/KR/CB who was coached in college by Dave Wannstedt. So in reality the Jets actually spent a 1st and 2nd on a special teams player. Miami spent only a 1st on the fastest player in the NFL. Not to mention Miami passed on the overated prima donna QB and took the mature, humble, tough and accurate John Beck in the 2nd round. 2 games in a row now that Beck has led a 4th quarter comeback to win the game. Guy has moxie.

Wow...just...wow.

Revis is highly regarded as a "shutdown" corner coming out of college. I personally don't believe there is such a thing..but to be rated the #1 CB (Along with dude from Michigan..his name escapes me right now) is a big deal coming out of college. Our corner has skills for his position..and as a BONUS is a very solid PR.

Ted Ginn was not even in the Top 3 for his position...but the Fish felt like they needed someone to provide them productive field position to set up the offense for good old Trent.

The Jets swapped 2nd round picks for a priven RB in this league...one coming off of a Super Bowl. Outside of 1998 (Surtain) and 2005 (Roth, Crowder)..the Dolphins have been completely clueless on how the draft is run (See NY Jets Draft blunder video). The Jets have year after year found gems that are impact players, AND used their first round picks wisely. Kerry Rhodes in round 4. Nick Mangold..Vilma, Hobson, Brad Smith, Chris Baker and even Nugent who is slwoly turning out to be the player we all hoped.

Ginn is not the fastest player in the NFL..ever heard of Justin Miller? Devon Hester? DeAngelo Hall?

The Dolphins DID blow a top 10 pick on a special teams player..who in pre-season hasn't done diddley-squat.

The Dolphins took John Beck..OK..thats fine. But by the time they hand the team over to him he will be 29 or 30 and out of the league shortly after.

The Dolphins have been drowning the past 6 or 7 years, and when the defense gives up and/or retires..it's going to be 1t overall pick after another for the Fish.

Thank you for being in the AFC East..we enjoy our 2 wins a year against you.

I watched a lot of Brown last year. Frankly I still don't know what to make of him. There were countless plays where he took the handoff & before he planted his first step was engulfed by a lineman and two linebackers. As a Jets fan I loved it. As someone who had Brown on his FF team I didn't love it so much.

He may suck terribly, but I don't think last year was a fair gauge; your whole offense around him was awful.

Stop smoking weed it's really making your post look dumb. Any and I MEAN ANY knowledgable football fan would take Revis over Ginn. That being said I think your special team improved with his addition (by about 10%). By years end Moxie will be the starting qb. Good luck with that.

Wow...just...wow.

Revis is highly regarded as a "shutdown" corner coming out of college. I personally don't believe there is such a thing..but to be rated the #1 CB (Along with dude from Michigan..his name escapes me right now) is a big deal coming out of college. Our corner has skills for his position..and as a BONUS is a very solid PR.

Ted Ginn was not even in the Top 3 for his position...but the Fish felt like they needed someone to provide them productive field position to set up the offense for good old Trent.

The Jets swapped 2nd round picks for a priven RB in this league...one coming off of a Super Bowl. Outside of 1998 (Surtain) and 2005 (Roth, Crowder)..the Dolphins have been completely clueless on how the draft is run (See NY Jets Draft blunder video). The Jets have year after year found gems that are impact players, AND used their first round picks wisely. Kerry Rhodes in round 4. Nick Mangold..Vilma, Hobson, Brad Smith, Chris Baker and even Nugent who is slwoly turning out to be the player we all hoped.

Ginn is not the fastest player in the NFL..ever heard of Justin Miller? Devon Hester? DeAngelo Hall?

The Dolphins DID blow a top 10 pick on a special teams player..who in pre-season hasn't done diddley-squat.

The Dolphins took John Beck..OK..thats fine. But by the time they hand the team over to him he will be 29 or 30 and out of the league shortly after.

The Dolphins have been drowning the past 6 or 7 years, and when the defense gives up and/or retires..it's going to be 1t overall pick after another for the Fish.

Thank you for being in the AFC East..we enjoy our 2 wins a year against you.

There are alot of players coming out of college that are projected to be the next "great one" or "shutdown corner", but nobody knows what they'll do till the regular season starts. Revis may be the next stud or the next bust and nobody will know which untill he hits the field, which won't be tonight.

I know about the 2nd round trade for Jones... who is in his 8th year in the league and really is a band aid for the Jets at RB.

The Dolphins do have other players that were drafted between 98' and 05' that were/are impact players... Welker, Donnie Jones, Vernon Carey, Travis Daniels, Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael etc... While it is true we have had quite a few busts, we have also had some good players.

To say the Dolphins have been "drowning" is not a fair description of the last 6-7 years. In that time frame we have only had 2 losing seasons, and missed the playoffs twice by a single game.

Ginn will be an impact player.

There are alot of players coming out of college that are projected to be the next "great one" or "shutdown corner", but nobody knows what they'll do till the regular season starts. Revis may be the next stud or the next bust and nobody will know which untill he hits the field, which won't be tonight.

I know about the 2nd round trade for Jones... who is in his 8th year in the league and really is a band aid for the Jets at RB.

The Dolphins do have other players that were drafted between 98' and 05' that were/are impact players... Welker, Donnie Jones, Vernon Carey, Travis Daniels, Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael etc... While it is true we have had quite a few busts, we have also had some good players.

To say the Dolphins have been "drowning" is not a fair description of the last 6-7 years. In that time frame we have only had 2 losing seasons, and missed the playoffs twice by a single game.

It's very possible that Ginn will become an impact returner and even a good #2 wideout. The problem is that Miami spent a top ten pick on a special teamer/project receiver while their entire offense is a mess and the defense (while still very good) is about a year or two from completely breaking down.

Ginn will be a major bust. Another example of how this organization has gone to the crapper since the Shula days.

When you draft someone who is advertised as the "fastest kid in the draft", you have to at the very least see some kind of resemblance of that...he hasn't shown jack...yeah, it's preseason, but like I said, he hasn't shown zip.

I live in South Florida and get to listen to some of the so called sports radio homers and they too are in agreement that so far, this kid isn't as advertised...and we're just talking about ST, never mind as a WR.

He will be a major bust...no doubt about it. He's got college game and that's it. Welcome to the pros.

Archived