Emmitt spoke the truth

4HCrew

30+ yards IN THE AIR is a measuring stick for people on this board. Not for a professional QB.

BTW, how was Chad's other 10 passes? How many yards did he gain? Did he hit Leon in stride?

Again, like last year, the big plays are more a result of the players making move after the catch then the QB making a play. Brady threw one 37 yards, but it looked like Stallworth had to make a play on the ball and not Brady 'burning' the D for 37 yards. :rolleyes:

His other passes sucked because the Oline sucked...

Please tell me what the Pro QB stick is.... how many yards??? You do know that if 30 yards doesnt back up the D... nothing will...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should all start to ignore you and let you talk to yourself... That would be great... I swear, Im gonna start to PM everyone and tell them to lets just start to ignore all these Patriots trolls... I bet that would be great in due time...

Im in

Yes, and you are a Jest fan and your view is clearly skewed as such especialy when your team is being critisized by a rival fan. I do thoroughly enjoy your condescending Manhattan Lawyer bullsh*t about being offended and enraged though. ;)

Imagine that...and on a JETS board no less..The Gall of some people:Nuts:

His other passes sucked because the Oline sucked...

Please tell me what the Pro QB stick is.... how many yards??? You do know that if 30 yards doesnt back up the D... nothing will...

Well, using your logic, seeing I can throw a 30 yard pass I should be an NFL QB. I have a bad right shoulder also, think I can get a spot on the Jets?

Again, until he can consistently beats you deep, you will risk that occasional throw and take away his bread and butter.

Look at Brady. In 2002, opposing teams saw he struggled to beat them on anything over 10 yards. He did occasionally, but not consistently enough to the point you game plan for it. The next year he trained to get better at it. Now, he is no Peyton not even close on deep passes, but he is enough of a threat he can make it hurt.

One pass is not going to back a team up.

Well, using your logic, seeing I can throw a 30 yard pass I should be an NFL QB. I have a bad right shoulder also, think I can get a spot on the Jets?

Again, until he can consistently beats you deep, you will risk that occasional throw and take away his bread and butter.

Look at Brady. In 2002, opposing teams saw he struggled to beat them on anything over 10 yards. He did occasionally, but not consistently enough to the point you game plan for it. The next year he trained to get better at it. Now, he is no Peyton not even close on deep passes, but he is enough of a threat he can make it hurt.

could you please go back to mindless jetbashing. it pains me to have to agree with you're posts... thanks.

I'm rooting for chad harder than most people on this planet, but he has to improve on his downfield passing and good decision making under pressure before we can talk about being a playoff caliber team.

haha good point............ did he really care about carrying arizona though? or was he compiling his own stat records.

Pride.

He had the record. I guess he thought he could still be productive.

Yes, and you are a Jest fan and your view is clearly skewed as such especialy when your team is being critisized by a rival fan. I do thoroughly enjoy your condescending Manhattan Lawyer bullsh*t about being offended and enraged though. ;)

:P

Didnt fool you?

And btw, I dont chime in on patsy threads because frankly my dear, I dont give a damn. But your fascination with the Jets is...weird.

Are you channeling your inner Bill Parcells?

The blind lemmings that are Chad-apologists are a sad and pathetic bunch.

You mean the view that you exploit your opponent's weakness and make them beat you? Yeah, that is a tried true method that almost always fails. :rolleyes:

Why Emmitt is right:

Chad vs Top 10 scoring Ds: 7-19

-Good Ds take away your strengths and makes you beat them.

Chad vs Teams with winning records: 16-21

-Again, good teams take away your strengths and makes you beat them.

See a pattern?

Good teams beat Chad because they take away the run and dare him to beat them. And you expect that gimp to manage to win three playoff games in a row in the AFC? Fools.

Thats all well and good but how about supplying the same stats for ALL QB's.

Good teams and top defenses will beat all but the upper echelon QB's and teams. Chad and the Jets have never been that and no-one has ever implied so.

I am sure pre-Brady some of your QB's while respectable had had similiar numbers.

In fact pre-Brady I don't think you'd come to Jet boards posting like such a pompous ass.

BTW you have been reciting those same numbers for years.....change the CD.

See a pattern?..........fool.

Show me where I ever said that.

And YOU are not a fan of the Jets, so whatever you buy into is clearly skewed as a rival fan who does not like the Jets. Dont try to pretend

you are objective, and dont come in here with your condescending new england bullsh1t about blindness, because I support mangini, and you do not.

:cheers:

On the first play of the last game... with Jacob Bender (a I-AA tackle 6th round pick starting at Gaurd) starting... Thomas Jones OUT.... Chad Pennington dropped back... pump faked with pressure coming... then got a throw off 30+ yards IN THE AIR... right over the CB and in front of the safety to Leon Washington who then juked his way to a TD...

Call him what you want... but if teams stack guys in the box... Chad will look off or fake the CB and drop the ball just in front of the safety like he did... again... and again...

Chad threw the ball 30+ yards in the air the first play of the game... there isnt much else he can do to get the defense to back off... the rest is up to the Oline to block well... and TJ to get healthy and improve the play action threat...

Why are you even talking about this play? It was the 1st play of the game and Chad made a nice move to get the ball to Washington. Washington did the rest.

As some others have said what happened to Chad the rest of the time he was in the game? Not to mention your sheer jubilation that Chad threw a ball 30 yards.

BTW: Chad didn't have Thomas Jones last year but you still go on and on about how great he was.

Why are you even talking about this play? It was the 1st play of the game and Chad made a nice move to get the ball to Washington. Washington did the rest.

As some others have said what happened to Chad the rest of the time he was in the game? Not to mention your sheer jubilation that Chad threw a ball 30 yards.

BTW: Chad didn't have Thomas Jones last year but you still go on and on about how great he was.

So if Chad is so bad, does that make Leon one of the best RBs in the NFL..After all he has to overcome such adversity..;)

So if Chad is so bad, does that make Leon one of the best RBs in the NFL..After all he has to overcome such adversity..;)

It makes Leon one of the best open field runners in the NFL.

Chad isn't bad, he's simply average.

On the first play of the last game... with Jacob Bender (a I-AA tackle 6th round pick starting at Gaurd) starting... Thomas Jones OUT.... Chad Pennington dropped back... pump faked with pressure coming... then got a throw off 30+ yards IN THE AIR... right over the CB and in front of the safety to Leon Washington who then juked his way to a TD...

Call him what you want... but if teams stack guys in the box... Chad will look off or fake the CB and drop the ball just in front of the safety like he did... again... and again...

Chad threw the ball 30+ yards in the air the first play of the game... there isnt much else he can do to get the defense to back off... the rest is up to the Oline to block well... and TJ to get healthy and improve the play action threat...

The only reason that play was successful is because the corner bit on the playfake. So unless you are counting on the corner biting on the playfake every time, again....and again....it wont work with noodle arm playing QB.

The only way Chad is successful is if the opposing defense screws up. He never beats a good defense by his great play. Never.

The only reason that play was successful is because the corner bit on the playfake. So unless you are counting on the corner biting on the playfake every time, again....and again....it wont work with noodle arm playing QB.

The only way Chad is successful is if the opposing defense screws up. He never beats a good defense by his great play. Never.

What happened to college_barton?

Bingo. Teams know what Chad cant do, so he's not fooling anybody into thinking he's brett favre back there.

What happened to college_barton?

I told max I was starting over with a new username, I think he thought I was just gonna change it. Anyways, I'll be launching my new username soon (not sure if I want it to be college barton though).

Anyways, back to Chad. He sucks. Carry on! :)

Good teams and top defenses will beat all but the upper echelon QB's and teams. Chad and the Jets have never been that and no-one has ever implied so.

I am sure pre-Brady some of your QB's while respectable had had similiar numbers.

In fact pre-Brady I don't think you'd come to Jet boards posting like such a pompous ass.

PWNED. PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG.

:cheers:

Bingo. Teams know what Chad cant do, so he's not fooling anybody into thinking he's brett favre back there.

Teams do know Chads weaknesses, I agree with you. However, this could be our greatest strength this season.

Teams pay no respect to Chads deep-ball, understandably I admit, however I think this is a year were we can take advantage of that.(as long as the OL can hold up).

Chad can throw deep, we've all seen it. But he doesnt have to be Brett favre Barton, the ball doesnt have to travel 50 yards, it just has to get over the defender. With Thomas Jones at RB teams will have to show a lot of respect to the run, whereas last season teams were playing Chad all the way (hence 16 INT's),I expect the Jets to throw a lot of Play action passes down the field this year(Chad is great off of PA), and I expect them to be very succesful. Teams will be playing the run and the short passing game, that will leave holes for our recievers to get open down the field, which I do honestly believ Chad can exploit.

The main problem for me is that our 2 main targets are both possesion guys and like Chad arent suited to a down the field offence, thats also why I think the re-birth of J-Mac into this team is huge.He has dissapointed so far in his Jets career but he has the perfect qualities to be a legitimate deep threat and I hope this is the year where he produces.

This is why I felt the aqquisition of Thomas Jones was so huge, he provides so much more than just running. He opens up our passing game and will allow us to do things which last season would have been much more difficult.

I, like many other Jet fans, am starting to get a bad feeling towards this season, but the problem is not Chad. Anyone who saw the game on Saturday should clearly see that the OL is the problem and IMO that is the only thing that can hold back this offence.

Teams do know Chads weaknesses, I agree with you. However, this could be our greatest strength this season.

Teams pay no respect to Chads deep-ball, understandably I admit, however I think this is a year were we can take advantage of that.(as long as the OL can hold up).

Chad can throw deep, we've all seen it. But he doesnt have to be Brett favre Barton, the ball doesnt have to travel 50 yards, it just has to get over the defender. With Thomas Jones at RB teams will have to show a lot of respect to the run, whereas last season teams were playing Chad all the way (hence 16 INT's),I expect the Jets to throw a lot of Play action passes down the field this year(Chad is great off of PA), and I expect them to be very succesful. Teams will be playing the run and the short passing game, that will leave holes for our recievers to get open down the field, which I do honestly believ Chad can exploit.

The main problem for me is that our 2 main targets are both possesion guys and like Chad arent suited to a down the field offence, thats also why I think the re-birth of J-Mac into this team is huge.He has dissapointed so far in his Jets career but he has the perfect qualities to be a legitimate deep threat and I hope this is the year where he produces.

This is why I felt the aqquisition of Thomas Jones was so huge, he provides so much more than just running. He opens up our passing game and will allow us to do things which last season would have been much more difficult.

I, like many other Jet fans, am starting to get a bad feeling towards this season, but the problem is not Chad. Anyone who saw the game on Saturday should clearly see that the OL is the problem and IMO that is the only thing that can hold back this offence.

This is where I disagree:

Thomas Jones wont do jack sh*t to help Chad and the offense. And I'm a firm believe that a QB who is greatly limited makes it harder for not only his running back to find holes, but for his Oline to run/pass block.

Getting balls over defenders is not the real issue. Its more about getting the ball INBETWEEN defenders or in tight coverage. We all know Chad cannot do that if its over 10, 15 yards.

Curtis Martin rushed for 1697 yards and had 245 yards receiving in 2004. What did that get the Jets? A 10 win season and a wildcard berth.

This is where I disagree:

Thomas Jones wont do jack sh*t to help Chad and the offense. And I'm a firm believe that a QB who is greatly limited makes it harder for not only his running back to find holes, but for his Oline to run/pass block.

Getting balls over defenders is not the real issue. Its more about getting the ball INBETWEEN defenders or in tight coverage. We all know Chad cannot do that if its over 10, 15 yards.

If you seriously think that about TJ not helping the offence, you dont really understand the concept of football.

And I'm a firm believe that a QB who is greatly limited makes it harder for not only his running back to find holes, but for his Oline to run/pass block

Im not claiming Chad at QB will help TJ (although it will be an improvement over Rex). Indeed it will mean that TJ may have tougher running than most RB's but I feel him (along with Leon) will at least be able to maintain enough of a threat to allow Chad these oppurtunities down field.

Also how the hell does having Chad at QB effect our pass blocking, it should make it easier as few teams blitz Chad as he is one of the top QB's vs the blitz.

Your point about tight coverage I agree is an issue, there are some throws he cant make, I am not denying that. But he honestly doesnt need to make all the throws. You can beat teams (even the good ones) without running 20 yrd ins and 30 yards post patterns.

I think the deep sideline pattern though is a play that the Jets will use a lot more and with a lot greater effect this season as long as the damn line can just give the guy a chance.

How were the Jets doing before Chad got hurt??

They were 5-0.

Chad put up these numbers in the wildcard win over the Chargers: 23-33 for 279 yards, 2 TD's.

How do you explain that and then his performance against the Steelers a week later? Was his shoulder good or bad?

What is the relevance of this?

As we have covered before when you try to change the subject, the Patriots' QBs pre-Brady were a mediocre bunch. So..in some ways.....watching them since 1978.....kind of gives me an idea what a crappy QB looks like. Do not take my word for it...just look at the Patriots' record.

Anywho, why should I supply any other QBs numbers? The argument is not Chad vs the QBs of the NFC North. It is Chad versus what I gave. I cannot help that you fail to grasp them or want to ignore the ugly facts.

I will change my tune when Chad-apologists stop making him into something he is not.

BTW you are slipping. No Tex blast? Or did you infatuation with Tex final kill your keyboard?

What is the relevance of this?

As we have covered before when you try to change the subject, the Patriots' QBs pre-Brady were a mediocre bunch. So..in some ways.....watching them since 1978.....kind of gives me an idea what a crappy QB looks like. Do not take my word for it...just look at the Patriots' record.

Anywho, why should I supply any other QBs numbers? The argument is not Chad vs the QBs of the NFC North. It is Chad versus what I gave. I cannot help that you fail to grasp them or want to ignore the ugly facts.

I will change my tune when Chad-apologists stop making him into something he is not.

BTW you are slipping. No Tex blast? Or did you infatuation with Tex final kill your keyboard?

The relevance is that just because Brady came along and made you part of a fanbase that has 3 rings it doesn't mean you you get a free pass on a Jetboard calling us and I quote,

"The blind lemmings that are Chad-apologists are a sad and pathetic bunch".

If you don't think you come off as a pompous redneck ahole with those type statements than that's your problem. Stating your opinion on his abilities is one thing(which you've done endlessly)the old superiority crap is another.

Pathetic is feeding your "I am a Pats fan thus I am superior" complex on a Jet board.

Archived